Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
You need to download their app. or get a security dongle and then do some kind of device activation, in order to access their accounts online.
This was true, and you may still need to have it to create the online account, but the security dongle is no longer needed for routine access.

Originally Posted by garykung
Its AF is free with the account. The AF you are quoted is the one without the account.
The new World Elite MasterCard is $395, and the fee is not waived for Premier account holders. This is a me too product designed to prevent Chase and Citi from poaching HSBC's deposit clients. HSBC (USA) does not appear to be interested in credit card only relationships.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mia
The new World Elite MasterCard is $395, and the fee is not waived for Premier account holders. This is a me too product designed to prevent Chase and Citi from poaching HSBC's deposit clients. HSBC (USA) does not appear to be interested in credit card only relationships.
Yes I saw that now. Does not realize HSBC has a new card.

And oh man...

Last edited by mia; Oct 14, 2017 at 9:35 am Reason: Language
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by garykung
Yes I saw that now. Does not realize HSBC has a new card.
It's metal at least, so there's that? Though its competitors are too.

Last edited by mia; Oct 14, 2017 at 9:35 am Reason: prune quotation
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
HSBC also released a no annual fee card. The branding on the card says 2% cash back but it turns out that it's only for 6 months. Then the card becomes a 1.5% cash back card. Feels like a bait and switch. What a joke!

Here's a piece of junk mail they sent me. Does it look like an offer for a 1.5% cash back card?
Attached Images  
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Loungekey = Priority Pass?

I noticed the lounge benefit is provided by Loungekey.

Is Loungekey just PriorityPass with a different name?

anyone with Loungekey, do you get access to different lounges that PP or is it pretty much the same?

Also the Premier World Elite only allows you two free visits per year. Subsequent visits are $27/each
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:10 pm
mia

Originally Posted by abraxis

Is Loungekey just PriorityPass with a different name?

LoungeKey is operated by the same owners as Priority Pass. It appears that the credit card itself can be used for entrance, rather than requiring a separate membership card. There is a lounge database here:

https://airport.mastercard.com/

https://www.loungekey.com/en/visasig...na/our-lounges
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by mia
This was true, and you may still need to have it to create the online account, but the security dongle is no longer needed for routine access.

I got an offer in the post which waives the 395 dollars for first two years.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Canadian Avios Promo?

Anyone know if there will be another Avios promo for Canadian World Elite cardholders? Last year I think it was in the fall, was expecting to see one by now.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by pilot007
Anyone know if there will be another Avios promo for Canadian World Elite cardholders? Last year I think it was in the fall, was expecting to see one by now.
Been waiting for the US one too. Hope they haven't stopped em for some reason.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:42 am
mia

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Been waiting for the US one....
Get 35% Bonus Avios from British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your HSBC Rewards Program Points between December 4, 2017 and January 4, 2018.
Offer is valid from 12/4/17 to 1/04/18 11:59p.m. ET. Cardmembers will receive 35% bonus Avios for HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card Rewards Program Points transferred to Avios during this period. Bonus Avios will be awarded with the original transaction. You must be enrolled in the British Airways Executive Club in order to participate in this offer. Visit ba.com/enrol to enroll. This hyperlink allows you to access a non-HSBC website. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. has no control over the linked website and is not liable for your use of it. Please read the Terms and Conditions, Security and Privacy Policy of the linked website, which may differ from the Terms and Conditions, Security and Privacy Policy of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Once you have redeemed your HSBC Rewards Program Points to Avios, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the British Airways Executive Club and transactions cannot be reversed. All terms and conditions of the British Airways Executive Club apply. See British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions for details, please visit ba.com/theclubterms. British Airways plc reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the offer or modify or alter the terms and conditions of the offer at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:45 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
I only got my HSBC Premier Elite card earlier this year (in the UK) so apologies for being unfamiliar. Anyone know if they do a similar BAEC offer in the UK?

Thanks,
JK
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
Get 35% Bonus Avios from British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your HSBC Rewards Program Points between December 4, 2017 and January 4, 2018
Got the email as well, thanks.

Although this is a Premier CC thread, I thought Premier members may like to hear about this. HSBC is currently running a promo for HSBC USA premier clients but it is in branch only.
  • Earn 1.50% APY on New Money with an HSBC Promotional 8-month Certificate of Deposit1
  • Earn 1.30% APY on New Money with an HSBC Promotional Premier Savings account2
1. This offer requires each of the elements to be met:
  • An HSBC Premier or Advance checking account is required to open the promotional 8-month CD. This CD is offered from October 16, 2017 through and including December 29, 2017 with the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY); a penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal; and the minimum deposit to open and obtain the APY is $1,000.
  • HSBC Premier and Advance are relationship products requiring an eligible checking account. Monthly maintenance fee will be incurred if minimum requirements are not maintained for your account relationship. Premier relationship requires the maintenance of $100,000 in U.S. personal deposit and investment* balances to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $50. Advance relationship requires the maintenance of combined U.S. personal deposit and investment* balances of at least $10,000 OR at least $5,000 with direct deposit to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $25.
  • Offer available only at an HSBC branch.
  • New Money is defined as deposits and investments not previously held by any member of the HSBC Group in the U.S.
  • HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer in its sole discretion.
2. This offer requires each of the elements to be met:
  • HSBC Premier relationship is required to open an HSBC Promotional Premier Savings account from October 16, 2017 through and including December 29, 2017 with the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective through September 4, 2018. Charges and fees may reduce earnings.
  • New Money is defined as deposits and investments not previously held by any member of the HSBC Group in the U.S.
  • HSBC Premier is a relationship product requiring a Premier checking account. Monthly maintenance fee will be incurred if minimum balance requirement is not maintained for your account relationship. Premier relationship requires the maintenance of $100,000 in U.S. personal deposit and investment* balances to avoid a monthly maintenance fee of $50.
  • HSBC reserves the right to change or terminate this offer in its sole discretion.

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Dec 1, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:33 am
mia

Originally Posted by ani90
I got an offer in the post which waives the 395 dollars for first two years.
Is the fee waiver instead of, or in addition to, the new account bonus points?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm interested in the Premier card but don't have a Premier checking account. Can I open the checking account, not meet 100k deposit, pay one month $50 fee, get the CC, cancel the checking account, and not pay CC AF?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by italdesign
I'm interested in the Premier card but don't have a Premier checking account. Can I open the checking account, not meet 100k deposit, pay one month $50 fee, get the CC, cancel the checking account, and not pay CC AF?
AF is not waived for non-Premier customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.