Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
Why does anyone need to see the symbol? I decide when to pay by contactless, not the cashier.
Half the terminals in the U.S have contactless out of the range of customer use. A couple of examples used to be Subway (but that's no longer the case) and many "counter top" terminals.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
Why does anyone need to see the symbol? I decide when to pay by contactless, not the cashier.
Agreed. I just need to know that my card has it. As long as I do - then I decide. Personally, I love it. Contactless is so much faster at checkout than the chip insert or swipe and sign.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Half the terminals in the U.S have contactless out of the range of customer use. A couple of examples used to be Subway (but that's no longer the case) and many "counter top" terminals.
I'm not sure how having it on the back will help when those places probably don't even know they accept it at all. Also, at places like restaurants, whether chip or contactless is used isn't really going to matter all that much as you're not having to stare at the terminal.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The UK Premier Credit Card seems to already use the new artwork, and the Contactless symbol is on the front. Our UK cards are older, and don't have the contactless feature, though the debit cards do.

Old May 27, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
The UK Premier Credit Card seems to already use the new artwork, and the Contactless symbol is on the front. Our UK cards are older, and don't have the contactless feature, though the debit cards do.

Idk. For some reason I just think it looks much better on the front like in that picture.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:25 pm

New benefits for Canadian version of HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Starting June 30, 2017:

- Unlimited Wi-Fi through Boingo worldwide
- Complimentary membership to LoungeKey at discounted fee of US$27/entry
- 10% discount on select hotel bookings at Expedia and Agoda
- $25 Uber promotion code when making an airline ticket purchase of $600 or more
Old May 28, 2017, 8:36 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Clipper801
I didn't recognize LoungeKey, but I see https://www.loungekey.com/ that it is yet another brand created by the Collinson Group which operates Priority Pass, Lounge Club and The Club airport lounges. Apparently this differs from Priority Pass in that you receive no membership card, and use your sponsoring credit card directly to enter the lounge. Not every Priority Pass lounge accepts LoungeKey.

https://loungefinder.loungekey.com/pass/
Old May 28, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I didn't recognize LoungeKey, but I see https://www.loungekey.com/ that it is yet another brand created by the Collinson Group which operates Priority Pass, Lounge Club and The Club airport lounges. Apparently this differs from Priority Pass in that you receive no membership card, and use your sponsoring credit card directly to enter the lounge. Not every Priority Pass lounge accepts LoungeKey.

I just received an email from HSBC Canada on this with an effective date of June 30, 2017. I suppose additional information will follow before the effective date.

Attached Images  
Old May 28, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Starting June 30, 2017:

- Unlimited Wi-Fi through Boingo worldwide
- 10% discount on select hotel bookings at Expedia and Agoda
- $25 Uber promotion code when making an airline ticket purchase of $600 or more
One can already get ~10% off at Expedia using cashback - but if this 10% off is in combination with that it would prove powerful.

However, I'm guessing it will require bookings via a unique link like the 5% off HSBC cardholders worldwide get from HSBC at Agoda: https://www.homeandaway.hsbc.com/1/2...r/tl/agoda/all

The extra 5% off for Canadian cardholders over the standard 5% is decent because the standard is below the usual ~6% cashback.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:51 am
mia

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
...guessing it will require bookings via a unique link...
Correct, see this image in post 398 which mentions this requirement.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:34 am

35% British Airways Bonus is back for June. Less than the 50% offered in December but it is high season.

Enjoy 35% bonus Rewards for Miles when you convert your HSBC Rewards Program Points to Avios the reward currency of the British Airways Executive Club between June 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by mia

We have complimentary Lounge Pass access our UK World Elite card, here: https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/credit-ca...te-credit-card

Coverage is not quite as good as Priority Pass but in my experience it is quite close (and cheaper).
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:19 pm
mia

Originally Posted by abat
We have complimentary Lounge Pass access our UK World Elite card, here: https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/credit-ca...te-credit-card
That's LoungeKey, same as the new Canadian benefit. It's a subset of the Priority Pass network. I wouldn't expect any fee for lounge visits, given the card annual fee.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by mia
That's LoungeKey, same as the new Canadian benefit. It's a subset of the Priority Pass network. I wouldn't expect any fee for lounge visits, given the card annual fee.
Yes sorry meant Lounge Key.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:50 am
mia

Received replacement HSBC Premier (USA) MasterCards this week. Old style artwork, and contactless logo on front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.