Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2007, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Looks like the launch of this premium product from HSBC.

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/persona...ier/privileges

No foreign transaction fees for the life of your membership seems to be the major benefit.

It also has the benefit of the home&away program for dining, travel etc...
It seems to be based out of HK, but the offers are global or by country.
I always thought the HK HSBC credit card products were the most superior in term of benefits relative to UK or US HSBC credit products.

I would imagine one must be a HSBC Premier or Private Bank customer to be accepted? I don't think there are T&C online
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
There was some discussion of this card in the "Best card for foreign exchange?" thread (around April 20):
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401958

Where are you seeing it's HK issued? At the bottom of the page you link, it says, "HSBC Premier World MasterCard® Credit Cards are issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A." That's their standard subprime credit card issuing arm. I hope they're hiring dedicated CSR for their premier customers rather than their usual ones.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
FW has a discussion thread on this card. Basically, you need $100,000 in deposits at HSBC to qualify.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acf573
There was some discussion of this card in the "Best card for foreign exchange?" thread (around April 20):
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401958

Where are you seeing it's HK issued? At the bottom of the page you link, it says, "HSBC Premier World MasterCard® Credit Cards are issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A." That's their standard subprime credit card issuing arm. I hope they're hiring dedicated CSR for their premier customers rather than their usual ones.
I am subscribed to that thread, but I guess I missed a web page link with more info such as the one I gave.

If you click the home&away link it goes to a web page in HK, thus my conclusion that the program home&away is based out of HK. (I don't think I wrote that the card is HK issued by HSBC.)
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by STAM4NICK
I am subscribed to that thread, but I guess I missed a web page link with more info such as the one I gave.

If you click the home&away link it goes to a web page in HK, thus my conclusion that the program home&away is based out of HK. (I don't think I wrote that the card is HK issued by HSBC.)
Yes, the Home and Away program link takes you to the HK (home) HSBC site. HSBC seems to have the most discounts/deals in HK anyway.

On one of my many visits to HKG, I wound up at a bookstore buying a bunch of books. I gave them my HSBC MC to pay and wound up with 30% off because they were running a promo. Yay discount! ^

The big draw for me was the "no foreign transaction fee". So this and my Cap One card are the cards that go with me when I fly overseas...

On a semi-related note, HSBC Premier membership means that you can visit any of the lounges worldwide. Free coffee, newspapers and a place to relax during the day. And maybe get some leads on investments!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:13 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by whynotgo
FW has a discussion thread on this card. Basically, you need $100,000 in deposits at HSBC to qualify.
any truth in this? Do you need at least $100,000 in deposits to get this card?? I am going to S'pore/Malaysia and to Europe next year...I would love to have a card that does not charge foreign transactions fees....

EDIT: yep..even says on the page where you apply...so much for this card.

Last edited by mrx900; Jan 17, 2008 at 11:45 am Reason: question answered
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:21 am

Not only $100K is necessary, but their CD rates are very low. Only the Online Savings accounts at 4.25% (only $1 needed to open) seem mildly interesting. One should be able to do better than that with $100K to use.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

I know someone who has a Bank of Bermuda -- an HSBC Group bank-- Premier account with less than 25,000 in it on a consistent basis. Though it was set-up by this person's private banker by HSBC (Private Bank) in the US which supposedly has more than 100,000 in it. You probably have to have 100K to open, and then can reduce but they may catch on - especially when you have a dedicated relationship manager who knows thier clients well.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 8:30 pm

Anyone have info on the rewards program with this card? Do you earn either points or cash back? It's unclear on their website:

A world-class rewards program with no points expiration or earnings cap
Earn a full 1% cash back on every credit card purchase
Redeem points for gift cards at over 40 popular retailers, or opt for cruises and vacation packages
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
From what I can see on my statement, US$1.00 = 1 point. You can redeem the points for different rewards, such as trips, personal shopping, etc.

It's a very basic rewards program. I have this card because it doesn't charge a surcharge when I make purchases in foreign countries/currency. It also comes free with your Premier account.

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Anyone have info on the rewards program with this card? Do you earn either points or cash back? It's unclear on their website:

A world-class rewards program with no points expiration or earnings cap
Earn a full 1% cash back on every credit card purchase
Redeem points for gift cards at over 40 popular retailers, or opt for cruises and vacation packages
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by abraxis
From what I can see on my statement, US$1.00 = 1 point. You can redeem the points for different rewards, such as trips, personal shopping, etc.

It's a very basic rewards program. I have this card because it doesn't charge a surcharge when I make purchases in foreign countries/currency. It also comes free with your Premier account.
Sign up for the HSBC Platinum Card, no international transaction fees, not 100K min to sign up. 1% cash back.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 5:05 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by zxsuxr
Sign up for the HSBC Platinum Card, no international transaction fees, not 100K min to sign up. 1% cash back.
Unlike the Premier card mentioned by the OP, the regular HSBC Platinum cards impose a 3% forex fee.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
I must be blind, i have a ton of transactions from overseas that nearly reflect the daily market rate of the currency i am using.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by zxsuxr
I must be blind, i have a ton of transactions from overseas that nearly reflect the daily market rate of the currency i am using.
All HSBC credit cards currently offered to non-Premier US clients carry the following disclosure:

"The Foreign Transaction Fee is 3% of the U.S. dollar amount on transactions made in a foreign currency."

Source: https://www.hsbcapply.com/TermsPopupCore.jst
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:32 pm

The card is only good for forex transcations.... the rewards are lousy....
but it has no annual fee

home&away discount can be had with premier debit card, so not really an added benefit to their MC

their general service is excellent. you get pretty much everything for free, draft etc, also some branchs have dedicated premier line. you only need to maintain HSBC premier status in one country and you can open HSBC premier accounts in other countries without the minimum requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.