Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just an fyi - my 15,000 bonus points posted on 12/13/2013. Took 6 weeks to post from the end of the promo (ended Oct 31). Posts as "Fall 2013 Promo Bonus Rewards Points".

There is also a Winter 2013 Promo happening (although I won't hit the spend level since HSBC neglected to send the initial letter telling me about it). Hoping they continue these promos!

Same here, just posted on 12/13.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by AmexCent
Same here, just posted on 12/13.
Posted here as well!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Does the US Premier MC support Chip+PIN?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
That's not true any longer. They now allow you to book the ticket and apply a $400 credit against it - regardless of where or how you purchased it.
I called HSBC USA about this last week and they said no, it absolutely has to be booked through their travel team for the points-for-credit to apply. Since it was no more expensive to do that, I did. But it did take ~32 minutes in total.

I specifically asked if I could just apply the points as a credit against an already booked ticket and they were very clear that it was not possible - and that if I had already booked a ticket I was SOL.

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Does the US Premier MC support Chip+PIN?
Mine doesn't (most recent card reissue was about a year ago). I haven't asked them about it; but my other HSBC (non-US) cards all have chip+PIN/chip+sign support.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ajnz
I called HSBC USA about this last week and they said no, it absolutely has to be booked through their travel team for the points-for-credit to apply. Since it was no more expensive to do that, I did. But it did take ~32 minutes in total.

I specifically asked if I could just apply the points as a credit against an already booked ticket and they were very clear that it was not possible - and that if I had already booked a ticket I was SOL.
Interesting. They did offer it as a redemption option when I posted as it was listed within their rewards center on their website. However, it has since been (quietly) removed Glad you posted about it - I might've tried to use it! I hate when companies do things like that - no notice... just disappears. I don't expect anything less from HSBC - their CS is one of the worst.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just received a new promo for April 1 - 30. Spend $12,000 and get 10,000 Rewards Program Bonus points.

Seems like an awfully hard hurdle to attain in just 30 days. Can't imagine many people achieving it. I know I can't!
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Seems like an awfully hard hurdle to attain in just 30 days.
I imagine they are hoping that clients will use it to make their income tax payments. How do you receive the offers, by email or postal?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
With so many people posting about meeting a $10,000 spend requirement in less than a week in the Citi AA promo thread, I can't imagine that $12,000 in a month would be that difficult
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
I imagine they are hoping that clients will use it to make their income tax payments. How do you receive the offers, by email or postal?
I receive a postal letter - usually the first few days of the month (so a few days have already passed by the time I hear about the offer). I even contacted the President of the US division requesting that they also email about the offer - but they haven't modified their policy (yet). In the past I have also received an email when the offer was about 1/2 way over. Have yet to receive it this time though. I wish they'd email first... it would be better than the letter and more timely.

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
With so many people posting about meeting a $10,000 spend requirement in less than a week in the Citi AA promo thread, I can't imagine that $12,000 in a month would be that difficult
I took a look at that thread and Citi's offer is $10k in 3 months. Much different than the HSBC offer which requires you to spend it all in one month. However, to your point, if people are spending it all in 1 week - wow - those are some high spending people! I can't even begin to imagine spending $10k in one week!!

My total monthly spend isn't even $12k. So if I put every last dime including rent on my card I wouldn't be able to make it. There sure are some rich folk on these boards
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I took a look at that thread and Citi's offer is $10k in 3 months. Much different than the HSBC offer which requires you to spend it all in one month. However, to your point, if people are spending it all in 1 week - wow - those are some high spending people! I can't even begin to imagine spending $10k in one week!!
Indeed! Despite the fact that participants are allowed three months to meet the spending requirement, there are numerous posts about people doing so in less than a week. To be fair, however, some of them are doing so "creatively"…
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I just received a new promo for April 1 - 30. Spend $12,000 and get 10,000 Rewards Program Bonus points.

Seems like an awfully hard hurdle to attain in just 30 days. Can't imagine many people achieving it. I know I can't!
I just got the email today, $9000 between 4/1-4/30 for 10K points.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
I just got the email today, $9000 between 4/1-4/30 for 10K points.
Good for you, $9k is def more reasonable, although still high imo.

I got my email today as well (following up on my letter from last week). Why they send the email AFTER 25% of the month is over is beyond me. Especially for those of us who travel so often and may not receive our postal letters in a timely fashion.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have received two email offers for my USA-issued Premier MasterCard:

1. $50 for spending $1,500 in the period July 1 - September 30, 2014.

2. 20% bonus on transfers to BAEC in the period July 1 - August 31, 2014.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:36 pm

I have received the BA bonus transfer offer, but not the $50 for $1500 spend offer.

Oh well, I transferred all my HSBC points to BA about two months ago because I want to close my checking and credit accounts. This has turned out to be a challenge, both accounts are still open after two requests and more than two weeks of waiting. Searching through internet forums, this seems to be a common problem when trying to close HSBC accounts.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
I have received two email offers for my USA-issued Premier MasterCard:

1. $50 for spending $1,500 in the period July 1 - September 30, 2014.

2. 20% bonus on transfers to BAEC in the period July 1 - August 31, 2014.
That's nice to see. I have never received any email offers. Solely postal mail (and I've requested multiple times to receive email offers rather than postal). I wish these guys would better their CS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.