Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
For Premier customers - you can get 1.01% APY by opening a new promo account and funding it with new money: https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/premier/savings

I'd imagine you can even pull out the old $100k in the other savings acct once you've transferred in the new money.

Not sure if HSBC is still offering the .9% APY deal on the current promo accounts (I'm locked out of my account since the change in their logon system) but if they are not likely worth the troubles. But if they discontinued that promo it would be, imo.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
For Premier customers - you can get 1.01% APY by opening a new promo account and funding it with new money: https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/premier/savings

I'd imagine you can even pull out the old $100k in the other savings acct once you've transferred in the new money.

Not sure if HSBC is still offering the .9% APY deal on the current promo accounts (I'm locked out of my account since the change in their logon system) but if they are not likely worth the troubles. But if they discontinued that promo it would be, imo.

what do you mean by 'pull out' do you suggest not having to keep 100K minimum for premeir status?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by abc5
what do you mean by 'pull out' do you suggest not having to keep 100K minimum for premeir status?
I mean if you're already a current customer and have $100k sitting in the account to qualify, you could open a new account with new money to get the promo and then "pull out" the older money leaving you with the same $100k in HSBC. You would need $200k to pull it off, but just for a short while.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, M&M HON & SPG Plat
Does anyone have the UK Mastercard World Elite? Would you say that it is worth it even if one has a Plat & Cent (may be closed soon) AMEX as well?

I need a new MC or Visa card as I have cancelled my German Lufthansa MC and only have my AMEX cards left which isn't accepted quite so well outside of London.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I mean if you're already a current customer and have $100k sitting in the account to qualify, you could open a new account with new money to get the promo and then "pull out" the older money leaving you with the same $100k in HSBC. You would need $200k to pull it off, but just for a short while.

oh, right. thanks for the clarification. I'm tired of keeping my 100K in my original premeire USA account. as it is lol. If i downgrade my premeire relationsihp, can I keep my points btw, does anyone know?

Last edited by abc5; Nov 4, 2016 at 1:24 pm Reason: clarity
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
HSBC USA 50% transfer bonus to BAEC for the month of December. (These offers are market specific. This one is for the USA, other countries are likely at different times.)

Offer is valid from 12/1/16 to 12/31/16 11:59p.m. ET. Cardmembers will receive 50% bonus Avios for HSBC Premier World MasterCard® credit card Rewards Program Points transferred to Avios during this period. Bonus Avios will be awarded with the original transaction. You must be enrolled in the British Airways Executive Club in order to participate in this offer. Visit www.ba.com/executiveclub to enroll. This hyperlink allows you to access a non-HSBC website. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. has no control over the linked website and is not liable for your use of it. Please read the Terms and Conditions, Security and Privacy Policy of the linked website, which may differ from the Terms and Conditions, Security and Privacy Policy of HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Once you have redeemed your HSBC Rewards Program Points to Avios, they become subject to the Terms and Conditions of the British Airways Executive Club and transactions cannot be reversed. Reward flights and cabin upgrades are subject to availability. Taxes, fees and carrier charges apply. All terms and conditions of the British Airways Executive Club apply. See British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions for details, please visit www.ba.com/executiveclub. British Airways plc reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the offer or modify or alter the terms and conditions of the offer at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
With the bonus, is the ratio 1 HSBC : 1.5 BA Avios? That's pretty good.

It's probably too late to apply for a card today, meet the min spend, and then transfer, right?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
...1 HSBC : 1.5 BA Avios?
Yes $1 = 1 point = 1+0.50 Avios

To my knowledge you cannot "apply" for this card as a freestanding product, you would need to open a Premier banking account.

HSBC Premier World MasterCard® credit cards are issued by HSBC Bank USA, N.A., subject to credit approval and require a U.S. HSBC Premier relationship.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by mia
To my knowledge you cannot "apply" for this card as a freestanding product, you would need to open a Premier banking account.
I've already got the underlying checking account, but declined to apply for the CC at the time. I'm wondering what timelines would be on (1) application (2) card shipment and (3) bonus posting.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:36 am

Answering my own question here: I was able to apply for a card, meet min spend, receive bonus points, and initiate a transfer to BA within the stated 50% bonus promo period. HSBC's IT infrastructure looks unimpressive, but I am pleased with the cycle time of this particular series of events.

Confusingly, the web form used to transfer to BA did not mention the 50% bonus points, even after clicking the prominent "50% bonus" banner on the website. Sure hope it goes through correctly.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
I transferred last week, and even though the email confirmation did not mention the 50% bonus, these were duly credited, within a couple of days, along with the principal.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:21 am

HSBC Premier promotion:

HSBC has a new Premier promotion:
"Earn 1.25% APY when you open an HSBC Promotional Premier Savings account from January 17, 2017 through April 28, 2017 and fund it with New Money until August 31,2017."

https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/pre...BUS_MIW0001969

I don't know of a liquid account with no balance cap with a rate as high.

So I'm also thinking of applying for the HSBC Premier MC:
https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/per...emier-world-mc

Would I be approved if I just opened a HSBC Platinum rewards card a few months ago? The bonus is for 40,000 "bonus points" but I don't see where in the terms it indicates the redemption rate for cash into an HSBC account. Is it still 1 point = 1 cent?

thanks
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:39 am

Interesting. I don't know about successive applications. Bonus points are probably better used for miles (e.g. BA) but I think there is a cash redemption too.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Just got a US-issued HSBC Premier MC and added my wife as an AU. Mainly for the 40K bonus points after $2,500 spend and for the contactless/no-ftf features.

With respect to using it on the Tube--I plan to use my card via ApplePay and my wife will use her physical contacless card.

The physical cards will have the same a/c number, while ApplePay will assign a unique number. However, since you can register the physical card number on the tfl website to track journeys using ApplePay, tfl obviously ties the AP number to the actual account number.

According to the tfl website, it looks like they'll be treated as separate payment methods. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by stanj; Feb 8, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by stanj
Just got a US-issued HSBC Premier MC and added my wife as an AU. Mainly for the 40K bonus points after $2,500 spend and for the contactless/no-ftf features.

With respect to using it on the Tube--I plan to use my card via ApplePay and my wife will use her physical contacless card.

The physical cards will have the same a/c number, while ApplePay will assign a unique number. However, since you can register the physical card number on the tfl website to track journeys using ApplePay, tfl obviously ties the AP number to the actual account number.

According to the tfl website, it looks like they'll be treated as separate payment methods. Can anyone confirm this?
I don't have my US HSBC linked to a TFL account but my UK card is. When I use Android Pay (set up with the same card) it appears as another contactless card in the TFL account (but I didn't set it up separately).

Admittedly this is with a UK HSBC CC and Android Pay rather than a US one and Apple Pay but I suspect it will be the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.