FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HSBC Premier World MasterCard
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:03 pm
abat

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by stanj
Just got a US-issued HSBC Premier MC and added my wife as an AU. Mainly for the 40K bonus points after $2,500 spend and for the contactless/no-ftf features.

With respect to using it on the Tube--I plan to use my card via ApplePay and my wife will use her physical contacless card.

The physical cards will have the same a/c number, while ApplePay will assign a unique number. However, since you can register the physical card number on the tfl website to track journeys using ApplePay, tfl obviously ties the AP number to the actual account number.

According to the tfl website, it looks like they'll be treated as separate payment methods. Can anyone confirm this?
I don't have my US HSBC linked to a TFL account but my UK card is. When I use Android Pay (set up with the same card) it appears as another contactless card in the TFL account (but I didn't set it up separately).

Admittedly this is with a UK HSBC CC and Android Pay rather than a US one and Apple Pay but I suspect it will be the same.