Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by abat
I don't have my US HSBC linked to a TFL account but my UK card is. When I use Android Pay (set up with the same card) it appears as another contactless card in the TFL account (but I didn't set it up separately).

Admittedly this is with a UK HSBC CC and Android Pay rather than a US one and Apple Pay but I suspect it will be the same.
Thanks for the info. That was my understanding of how it works when you use both Android/Apple Pay and the physical card. With what you've experienced, I think I should be ok in using both the physical card and AP for the same journey. I'll give it a try next month when I'm back in London.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:42 am

I received a targeted offer for the HSBC Advance MC...25K rewards points after spending $1500. Anyone familiar or found the juice was worth the squeeze?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I received a targeted offer for the HSBC Advance MC...25K rewards points after spending $1500. Anyone familiar or found the juice was worth the squeeze?
not sure of the advance card, but on the Premier mastercard, 1pt=1.6c on travel redemption (in chunks of ~12K points?). i generally do not use this card unless targeted for promos (used to be common, nothing recently).
Old May 25, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just got this notice from HSBC Premier

"Accessing your money just got easier

As a valued HSBC Premier client, you'll receive unlimited ATM third-party fee rebates when using other banks' ATMs to withdraw cash, check your balance or transfer funds in the U.S., now including New York State."

Looks like they are as good as Charles Schwab now - at least in the US.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry

As a valued HSBC Premier client, you'll receive unlimited ATM third-party fee rebates when using other banks' ATMs to withdraw cash, check your balance or transfer funds in the U.S., now including New York State."

All this time I thought the rebate covered non-US transactions. Guess I never used it at an ATM aboard that charged fees.

Will have to remember to only use Schwab outside of the US.

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.

I used to have HSBC... Could never get used to their below average online interface. Didn't like how they had you type in certain letters of your password to login (which never worked because it wouldn't let me log in anyways despite typing in the correct password), nor did I really like the interface. Loved their contactless debit cards though, and overall customer service wasn't terrible, although they had to send two debit cards because the first one never showed up.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
... Didn't like how they had you type in certain letters of your password to login ...
This is the norm in the UK where HSBC is headquartered, but HSBC USA has discontinued it within the last year.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by mia
This is the norm in the UK where HSBC is headquartered, but HSBC USA has discontinued it within the last year.
Did they get rid of the contactless feature on their credit cards? They don't seem to have the wave logo on them and they're re-designed.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Did they get rid of the contactless feature on their credit cards? They don't seem to have the wave logo on them and they're re-designed.
My card still has the contactless feature. Very helpful in some cities Internationally, imo
Old May 26, 2017, 6:46 pm
mia

My card still has the contactless feature.
Existing cards have it, but the website is displaying a "new card design" which doesn't have the symbol on front. Could be on the reverse, of course.

Old May 26, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Existing cards have it, but the website is displaying a "new card design" which doesn't have the symbol on front. Could be on the reverse, of course.

My card expires next month so I'll report back whether the reissued card has it or not.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia

Having it on the reverse does seem to be the standard from what I've seen on AmEx and the Citi Costco card. I'd probably start getting concerned if information on contactless disappears from their website (which so far hasn't happened).
Old May 27, 2017, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
Having it on the reverse does seem to be the standard from what I've seen on AmEx and the Citi Costco card. I'd probably start getting concerned if information on contactless disappears from their website (which so far hasn't happened).
The address bar in your hyperlink indicates that's a page for debit cards and their features. When I looked on HSBC's website yesterday, there didn't appear to be any contactless features on their credit card products. I asked the question through chat and of course as always, a clueless representative referred to features of EMV. My hopes of them understanding contactless went out the window a long time ago.

Having it on the back of the card is pointless... Especially when it's on the back corner like on my Green AMEX and SPG cards. Nobody looks at the back of the cards, they should be on the front.

Last edited by mikesyr18; May 27, 2017 at 12:37 am
Old May 27, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
The address bar in your hyperlink indicates that's a page for debit cards and their features. When I looked on HSBC's website yesterday, there didn't appear to be any contactless features on their credit card products. I asked the question through chat and of course as always, a clueless representative referred to features of EMV. My hopes of them understanding contactless went out the window a long time ago.

Having it on the back of the card is pointless... Especially when it's on the back corner like on my Green AMEX and SPG cards. Nobody looks at the back of the cards, they should be on the front.
If it makes you feel any better, page 10 of the welcome kit for the credit cards still mentions contactless. The debit card link is possibly more convenient for those who don't want to download a PDF file, however.

Also, everyone's supposed to look at the back of the card at least once to sign it--and potentially many additional times to get the CVV2 for online purchases. (Yes, not everyone signs their cards nor does anyone really check. That's a different discussion for another thread.)
Old May 27, 2017, 4:13 am
mia

Having it on the back of the card is pointless... Especially when it's on the back corner like on my Green AMEX and SPG cards.
Why does anyone need to see the symbol? I decide when to pay by contactless, not the cashier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.