Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hmmm, that's interesting. I have a Citigold ATM card that also reimburses fees. I always get reimbursed domestically, and never abroad. So basically HSBC Premier and Citigold ATM don't reimburse Internationally (and I've been to 70+ countries). Wild to see a card that reimburses. Might have to look into it.
Schwab One brokerage and Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking debit cards reimburse all fees.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by greglvnv
Schwab One brokerage and Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking debit cards reimburse all fees.
Applied a week ago as many have reported similar. Will be nice to remove those fees.

Also on another note the 30% bonus transfer works as advertised (even though the 30% bonus doesn't show in cart when you request). Relatively quick transfer too (a few days or less)
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
No chat about the increased 40k point signup bonus on the HSBC Premier World MC?

If only HSBC would pair that with a signup bonus on the HSBC Premier Checking account...looking to move all my Citigold assets there.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
USA offer via email:

Each month you spend $250 using your card ending in NNNN, from September 1 through December 31, 2016, you'll get a $25 Statement Credit - up to $100.

Last edited by mia; Sep 6, 2016 at 5:10 pm
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
USA offer via email:
Is this targeted. Didn't receive this email.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:05 am
mia

The email specifies the last four digits of the card number. I believe all HSBC card offers are targeted. Ms mia receives many, I receive none. I would ask my HSBC Premier Relationship Manager to confirm.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
The email specifies the last four digits of the card number. I believe all HSBC card offers are targeted. Ms mia receives many, I receive none. I would ask my HSBC Premier Relationship Manager to confirm.
I didn't receive it either (and like you rarely receive offers). I spoke to my relationship manager and he said these offers are generated by the cc - and he has nothing to do with it. I called the cc and they said that I'm eligible for offers from time to time - but they don't know when or what they'll be.

Nothing for me. So no usage on this card.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
No chat about the increased 40k point signup bonus on the HSBC Premier World MC?
40k "Rewards Program Bonus Points", after $2,500 spend, redeemable for a free flight worth $600.

However: "To qualify for an HSBC Premier relationship, you are required to:
Open an HSBC Premier Checking account and maintain $100,000 in combined U.S. personal deposit and investment balances".

http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/pers...emier-world-mc
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
In the USA HSBC Premier MasterCard has three transfer partners $1 = 1 point = 1 mile, and there are earning and transfer bonuses. The earning bonuses are typically capped at a low level.

• BA
  • CX
  • SQ

Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...astercard.html
100k on deposit required just to apply. No thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:22 pm

HSBC premier is a worldwide status, not just one country
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:00 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
USA offer via email:
Each month you spend $250 using your card ending in NNNN, from September 1 through December 31, 2016, you'll get a $25 Statement Credit - up to $100.
Spent $26x.xx in September and $25 credit appeared on October statement.

Last edited by mia; Oct 4, 2016 at 8:36 am
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:54 pm

curious if you guys have ponied up your HSBC points for travel.

Seems like a phone call has to be made. I like being able to look at a website and browse flights and times, picking as I chose. This phone call only method seems old school and time consuming, on both ends, and they have to pay for people to do this.

Well anyway, if I recall, 25,000 points gets you 400$ USD off a flight.

Can you pick any airlines? anyone w/ experience using points for flights, please enlighten me.

Are HSBC rewards programs flight prices 'inflated'? it would surely defeat any much benefit of using points for travel.

Where do they get their prices from. If they are all direct from say American Airlines, Delta, Cathay, etc... that would be a time saver as I can readily prep by going to th carrier sites directly, do my research, and prices, and then call HSBC and make things easier for both of us.

Thank you!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by abc5
curious if you guys have ponied up your HSBC points for travel.

Seems like a phone call has to be made. I like being able to look at a website and browse flights and times, picking as I chose. This phone call only method seems old school and time consuming, on both ends, and they have to pay for people to do this.

Well anyway, if I recall, 25,000 points gets you 400$ USD off a flight.

Can you pick any airlines? anyone w/ experience using points for flights, please enlighten me.

Are HSBC rewards programs flight prices 'inflated'? it would surely defeat any much benefit of using points for travel.

Where do they get their prices from. If they are all direct from say American Airlines, Delta, Cathay, etc... that would be a time saver as I can readily prep by going to th carrier sites directly, do my research, and prices, and then call HSBC and make things easier for both of us.

Thank you!
I've used them multiple times. You just find your own flight on any airline and they book it for you. As long as it's a published fare - they find it easily. Not inflated for the three times I redeemed that way. Quite easy to do.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:12 pm
mia

HSBC (USA) Premier MasterCard has introduced a me too feature, free FICO score. The score appears on the PDF (or paper) card statement. I found it on the statement date 10.3.2016, which I would not have otherwise read.

YourFICO®Score NG1based on Equifax data, pulled on September 23, 2016, is the score we use to manage your account. For further information on your FICO® Score please visit: www.us.hsbc.com/FICO
Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
Originally Posted by mia
HSBC (USA) Premier MasterCard has introduced a me too feature, free FICO score. The score appears on the PDF (or paper) card statement. I found it on the statement date 10.3.2016, which I would not have otherwise read.
I got the the same mail from them and was kind of curious what it would make of my UK address and no SSN. No mention of FICO or equifax on my statement at all (10/16/16) so I guess there is a bit of conditional logic somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.