Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:24 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
AF is not waived for non-Premier customers.
There is some language on the website which suggests that it may be waived for the first year only, even if the Premier account is closed. I can try to find it if important to the discussion.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mia
There is some language on the website which suggests that it may be waived for the first year only, even if the Premier account is closed. I can try to find it if important to the discussion.
My impression on that was:

1. To get the CC, you must be a Premier customer.

2. The card has no AF for Premier customers (so no AF will be imposed for 1st year for sure). The non-waiver I mentioned is for after 1st year.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
If it's not too hard to find out, it would help me. Specifically, if the Premier account is closed soon (within a month) of getting the CC.

Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:36 pm
mia

A $95 Annual Fee will apply for HSBC Premier World Mastercard® credit card Account clients who no longer have a qualifying U.S. HSBC Premier checking account relationship1. The Annual Fee will not be assessed to your credit card Account within the first year of Account opening.
https://us.hsbc.com/credit-cards/products/premier/
italdesign likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by mia
Get 35% Bonus Avios from British Airways Executive Club when you transfer your HSBC Rewards Program Points between December 4, 2017 and January 4, 2018
Still no offer for Canadians though. I thought we would have seen something by now. Disappointing if there will be no such offer this year.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by mia
Is the fee waiver instead of, or in addition to, the new account bonus points?
I don't know what account bonus points are - I don't think any were offered. Basically I have a world mastercard already and the offer is to upgrade it to an elite world mastercard and waive the 395 annual fee for two years.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:33 am
mia

Originally Posted by wco81
... you get 50k points which you can redeem for $750 credit against airline purchases.
Originally Posted by ani90
I don't know what account bonus points are....
The published new account offer is 50,000 points. It sounds as if for upgrades they are using the value of the points to offset the annual fee for two years.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Does anyone know the new accounts phone number for this card? I submitted the app but got nothing besides the confirmation e-mail with the application ID number.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by greglvnv
Does anyone know the new accounts phone number for this card? I submitted the app but got nothing besides the confirmation e-mail with the application ID number.
Did you try calling your HSBC Premier banker?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Jade version

Seems HSBC Canada is just launching a new version of the World Elite with a slighty better set of features. It is called the Jade World Elite Mastercard. Some details online here: https://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/ban...rcard-overview

It looks like it carries a $299 annual fee that is fully rebated if you qualify for the card as a Jade customer.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:11 pm
mia

Jade by HSBC Premier is an exclusive membership program for existing HSBC Premier customers who hold more than $1 million in combined personal deposits and investments with HSBC Bank Canada for a period of at least 3 consecutive calendar months prior to the commencement of membership. For more information on Jade by HSBC Premier, visit http://www.hsbc.ca/jade. For full terms and conditions please visit www.hsbc.ca/jadeterms.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:30 am
mia

Postal letter from HSBC USA advising that effective 4.1.2018 the travel redemption ratio changes from 62/USD (0.016/point) to 80/USD (0.0125/point). This is competitive with Citi Premier, Citi Prestige, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase INK Preferred, but lags behind American Express Business Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve.

It isn't clear if this also applies to the new World Elite MasterCard which advertises a $0.015/point rate (50,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points , worth $750 in air travel).

Last edited by mia; Jan 13, 2018 at 5:00 am
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA: Gold ; Hilton: Diamond, A|Club Silver, Marriott: Gold
I have become UK Premier Customer and painful experience to open in USA. I have also had UK World Elite Mastercard from when they opened the account.

USA opening was different. If you qualify for Premier Banking in any Global location, you qualify without fee for local premier banking facilities. My account was not properly set up (and so complicated issues along with the absence of HSBC talking to colleagues, questioning the "The World's Local Bank" as US wanted to confirm I meet every Premier criteria!) The cards are fairly similar for incentives between World Elite Card with small local differences.

The USA Premier Manager view was since Premier Customers qualify for both credit cards. If you UK version, why would you need to pay $375 for effectively the same travel benefits? You have to pay for local credit cards and the difference between UK/USA is the USA CC account opening process is done centrally (taking three weeks and not an immediate decision at the local branch!) I'm still waiting to receive confirmation along with the card as having a TFF card in $ for USA usage is necessary for me. The Premier World has no fee with slightly lower reward points as an older card. I was also given a USA deposit account with small "promotional" uplift rate for a year. Basis points not significant with low-interest rates.

As for Jade, its a higher level of Premier Account. Its probably like the offering for BAEC Gold + upwards is much different to Silver or below. I don't qualify for Jade account but presume used to match higher tier Citi cards.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, MileagePlus Silver,
I'm a UK Premier customer and hold a US account using my UK relationship. I had no issues getting the normal Premier World Mastercard, it took about 10 minutes on the phone with my US relationship manager (although this was a couple of years ago). I have the UK World Elite card which seems to have essentially the same benefits as the US one but costs less in annual fees. Interestingly the US 'free' card comes with Boingo access but the UK paid card has iPass so I have both.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:37 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
HSBC Premier World Elite Rejected in the Mail, then Approved with no notice?

Basically, I got rejected for the HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard; received the rejection letter in the mail. A few weeks later (two days ago) I then received the card in my mail and today just received a letter stating I was approved.

I'm really confused to the approval as I did not call the recon line or appeal their rejection. I also did not hear back from my banker. They also gave me a healthy credit limit of 11k as a college student. Also I should note that after the rejection, funds were transferred to my account for tuition.

Do any of you know of what caused the sudden approval and what may have happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.