Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by fh2000
How much does 50K points worth in cash? $500 dollars?
Yes straight
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:47 am

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by robbierob03
I tried searching the thread but came up empty. Is this card eligible for a product change to another bank of america card? It'd be great if I could get the bonus from this and PC to the AAA card to pair with my Travel Rewards.
Coming back to answer my own question. I asked the same over on the DoC thread and sirtheta responded that she was offered the option to PC to the Travel Rewards or Cash Rewards.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
DP: Applied for this card, and Alaska at the same time. Went to pending. Alaska approved later same day, Merrill still pending. After 2 days called recon line, and was declined for having applied for 5 Alaska cards 2 years ago on the same day, then cancelling them a year later.
Check app status page immediately stopped working for me with the following message:
The information you entered does not match our records
Please enter your personal information as it appears on your submitted application.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:50 pm
esf

Originally Posted by yugi
DP: Applied for this card, and Alaska at the same time. Went to pending. Alaska approved later same day, Merrill still pending. After 2 days called recon line, and was declined for having applied for 5 Alaska cards 2 years ago on the same day, then cancelling them a year later.
Check app status page immediately stopped working for me with the following message:
The information you entered does not match our records
Please enter your personal information as it appears on your submitted application.
Did they explicitly tell you were being declined "for having applied for 5 Alaska cards 2 years ago on the same day, then cancelling them a year later"?

Last edited by esf; Mar 31, 2017 at 9:14 pm
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:16 pm

I was approved on Wednesday . Received the card on Thursday.
Tried to use it today . Transaction declined . Called them and they said account was closed .
Watch out churner . Boa may have rats now .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by esf
Did they explicitly tell you were being declined "for having applied for 5 Alaska cards 2 years ago on the same day, then cancelling them a year later"?
Yes.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:06 pm

I am in the same situation . The rep told me that I opened and closed many cards in the past years . Do not apply many cards at the same time now .
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:40 am

I was declined also. They said I'd just opened an Alaska card on March 17th and wanted to see how that was managed, despite having another card with them and having cards in the past. I think they are cracking down.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lyst
I was declined also. They said I'd just opened an Alaska card on March 17th and wanted to see how that was managed, despite having another card with them and having cards in the past. I think they are cracking down.
After basically giving away $1000 in free airfare to everyone, I'm not surprised.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by lyst
I just got a call from them telling me they were closing my card. Just got the email yesterday it was in the mail too. Said I have too many current cards with them (only 2 others). I think they are freaking out about the app going public again after they pulled it personally.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:56 pm

If people are denied or approved in error, please let us know the following:

How many Bank of America cards have you had in the last 12 months? 24 months? How many cards do you currently hold.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:04 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:16 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
DP: Mine was closed without notice after being approved (and me spending $2,600 on it shortly after using the online account number w/o issue...)

Probably well over 20/24, haven't kept track.

Currently:
1x Checking with BofA (oldest checking account)
1x Savings with BofA
2x Credit Cards with BofA (cash rewards, etc, oldest cards on my report)
1x Business Alaska (2 years old now)

I closed 2x alaska personal in the last 6 months, applied for 1x alaska personal and Merrill+ on 3/29. Wasn't approved for alaska but was approved for Merrill on 3/29. Looks like they closed it on 4/2...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.