Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:27 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by dangw20
Thank you for the data point.

So if you have enough points for a flight (i.e. 25,000+) it seems like you'd want to redeem for flights to maximize your redemption, before converting to a different card. But if you have less than that and don't want to wait until you have enough for a free flight again, 1cpp for converting to cash rewards is not bad at all.
1 cpp is horrible since it is worth 2 cpp. If you get like 15,000 or 20,000 points, then it is worth to spend the extra to make it to 25,000.

I'd hold onto this card to see what is going to happen. What is the rush to get rid of it?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
1 cpp is horrible since it is worth 2 cpp. If you get like 15,000 or 20,000 points, then it is worth to spend the extra to make it to 25,000.

I'd hold onto this card to see what is going to happen. What is the rush to get rid of it?
For me personally, I didn't already have the cash rewards card so the revamp on that was very enticing, especially as a Plat Honors. I would guess that they will eventually turn this into a Travel Rewards card, which isn't too interesting to me since I already have the Premier Rewards.

Obviously everyone is in a different situation...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by billybobson1402
For me personally, I didn't already have the cash rewards card so the revamp on that was very enticing, especially as a Plat Honors. I would guess that they will eventually turn this into a Travel Rewards card, which isn't too interesting to me since I already have the Premier Rewards.

Certainly. I already get 2 personal cash reward CC and one business cash reward CC. All family members have this CC too.

No one knows what is to happen with this card. A lot of the discontinued CC still get good features.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by billybobson1402

Also, do you miss the cash bonus offer for the new CC with your conversion?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by RedSun
Also, do you miss the cash bonus offer for the new CC with your conversion?
Wait? What?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:14 am

Are a lot of you getting out of the ML card? I have one with a lot of points, I have not taken any action and I didn't see any bonus for conversion,.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
BofA has made it clear that Merrill is all but dead as a brand. Probably no need to rush to use existing points, but the Merrill cards are basically zombies at this point.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:27 am

What benefits of the card have we lost? I have not received any notice of loss of benefits. If that is the case, then I need to PC or close the card. The only thing about the card is that it is old, has a $50,000.00 c/l, and is good for opening checking accounts without a cash advance fee.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:44 am
Suspended

I didn’t say any benefits have been lost, but it’s hard to imagine the card will stick around long-term rather than be ended and converted.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:46 am

Are you expecting we will lose our points? Have you converted or closed yours yet?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Wait? What?
For the folks who PC this Merrill+ card to Cash Rewards card, they forgo the cash bonus of the Cash Rewards card.... Do not understand it. This is only doable if you are not qualified to the welcome bonus....
Old Feb 27, 2019, 11:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Are you expecting we will lose our points? Have you converted or closed yours yet?
All you hear are speculations and rumors. Sure the card could be converted to Travel Rewards. But you'll never lose your points.

If BA ever wants to convert this card, it will give you some time to redeem the points. I do not imagine that you'll force you to redeem the points at 1 cpp....

Do whatever you want to do and you believe is going to happen. But just do not spread rumors around....
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:08 pm

I should apply for the cash rewards and get the bonus, then PC the Merrill+ to cash rewards, wait a year and cancel the first cash rewards. Does that sound like a good plan?
Old May 24, 2019, 1:51 pm
Suspended

I'm redeeming the points for an overseas flight. With its value close to 2cpps, it is even more valuable than Chase UR. I like to add more spending to get to another 25k block... Hope they still keep this card open for now.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Why not just use a 2% card and not worry about points redemptions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.