Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:08 pm

I booked an AS Flight with my points. After 24 hours, I want to cancel and have the fund go to my Alaska wallet. Online, it would not let me cancel. When I called Alaska, they said I have to go through Merrill. The agent even contacted the support desk for this. Has any one experience this?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mkpkmp
When I called Alaska, they said I have to go through Merrill. The agent even contacted the support desk for this. Has any one experience this?
No experience with something like this, but I am pretty sure it's not supposed to work that way

It may be the way I'm reading your post, but it seems like you are spending points and want "cash" deposited as a refund into your AS account.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 5:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mkpkmp
.... called Alaska, they said I have to go through Merrill. The agent even contacted the support desk for this
This seems normal. When you book through a travel agency you need to make changes or cancellations through the agency.
RedSun likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:04 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Also be very careful if the booking was a while ago. I booked a flight back in Sept 2019 for May 2020 travel. Then cancelled prior to the travel date. I recently requested cash credit and it was granted. But the refund was sent to the travel agency, not to me. But since it is so long, my booking agency has changed its own agency. It took quite some time to sort it out.

This is not Merrill+. I do not know what travel agency they use. Expedia or Travelocity?
Old Feb 17, 2021, 10:10 am

A few years ago I signed up for 2 merrill+ cards when the bonus was for $1000+ of travel. I still have both, my question is if I add an AU to one of the cards, does that AU get the museum benefit? i.e. She uses one account as AU and I use the other account as PU. I've been too deep in citi/amex/chase to pay much attention to BoA lately and am in the middle of cleaning house.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
If anyone is still here, the 2023 guide is now posted.

https://www.managerewardsonline.bank...GUIDE_2023.pdf
dw and milespoints like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.