Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merrill+ VISA [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by happychic
Does this card have foreign transaction fee?
No.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Turkish Miles & Smiles; Hyatt Platinum
There was an earlier question in this thread regarding upgrades that I don't believe was answered, and which interests me.

Namely, are fares booked with Merrill+ rewards points considered as paid fare classes by the operating airline? As I tried to make a booking on the Merrill+ travel website for a one-way flight on Turkish Airlines, nowhere was I able to confirm what the actual fare class would be. How can I confirm the fare class, so that I know whether it will be eligible for an upgrade to J class using Miles and Smiles points?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by marcdsilva
There was an earlier question in this thread regarding upgrades that I don't believe was answered, and which interests me.

Namely, are fares booked with Merrill+ rewards points considered as paid fare classes by the operating airline? As I tried to make a booking on the Merrill+ travel website for a one-way flight on Turkish Airlines, nowhere was I able to confirm what the actual fare class would be. How can I confirm the fare class, so that I know whether it will be eligible for an upgrade to J class using Miles and Smiles points?
Do a search on matrix.itasoftware.com.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
They try to book bulk fares if they can, I have had this problem on United. However, if you call in and tell them you want to be able to upgrade and get credit, they can flag it for manual issue with a real fare code.

Originally Posted by marcdsilva

Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: Turkish Miles & Smiles; Hyatt Platinum
Thanks, guys. Very helpful!
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:59 am

How soon does your credit limit free up with BofA after cancelling a card?

I'm planning on applying for the Merrill+ card with the reduced bonus. The last time I got approved for a BofA card, I was basically at my limit, so they approved me with a very low limit. Yesterday I closed two cards. I'm just wondering how long I should wait to apply again -- thinking a few days or a week.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by LWT3
I'm planning on applying for the Merrill+ card with the reduced bonus. The last time I got approved for a BofA card, I was basically at my limit, so they approved me with a very low limit. Yesterday I closed two cards. I'm just wondering how long I should wait to apply again -- thinking a few days or a week.
Why don't you apply for the card first and then move credit lines around if necessary? That strategy has worked for me.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by greglvnv
Why don't you apply for the card first and then move credit lines around if necessary? That strategy has worked for me.
I'm used to the process with Citi. With Citi, it's easier to proactively reduce credit limits because if you don't, you risk getting an auto-decline. Of course you can try recon, but I try to avoid having to do that. In any case, I've already closed the BofA cards, so there are no lines to be moved.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Possibly old news to those of you who are familiar with BoA cards. This is my first BoA card so I didn't know and wanted to share:

I have a big purchase coming up and I called in to see if they can give me a CLI. Phone rep said I'd get the result in the mail. I got a letter in the mail a couple of days later saying request is denied due to card being less than three months old.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
I've closed a BoA card and been approved again as soon as later the same day. YMMV.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:18 am

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
I tried searching the thread but came up empty. Is this card eligible for a product change to another bank of america card? It'd be great if I could get the bonus from this and PC to the AAA card to pair with my Travel Rewards.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:15 pm

deleted

Last edited by shimps1; Dec 1, 2019 at 5:33 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by shimps1
Here you go.

Not sure about PC.
Thanks for the additional thread to read. It was...difficult to get through but no one there posted anything about trying to PC either. I guess BoA cards are so easy to get approved for everyone immediately goes to cancelling credit lines.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:16 pm

How much does 50K points worth in cash? $500 dollars?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.