Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
I wonder why Visa is ok with this, when they frown on mtg payments on Plastiq
It is just a matter of time. It becomes a volume issue and for most consumers, this new method is not a great deal. I believe it is typically the consumer card issuers who complain to Visa and then Visa has to figure out what to do. Otherwise, I think Visa and Mastercard are happy to have "cash-equivalent" transactions on their network assuming their fraud controls are working okay. Plastiq and Mastercard run many promotions together.

I think the big play for Visa/Mastercard in this space is actually business card transactions, but once you allow business card, you have to allow consumer card use which is more tricky.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:44 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by jags86
I used Apple Pay with Doxo to make my mortgage payment to Wells Fargo this month and can report it went without a hitch. It is 3.5% fee to use Doxo so I will net 1%. Not sure if this will lead to a shut down but right now wife and I each have a AR so if 1 gets cancelled not really the end of the world. Just need to make sure I redeem points as soon as possible to cover the 3.5% fee.
I have used Doxo a few times, mainly for meeting spending requirement. I have iPhone 6S and Apple Pay never showed up as a payment option in the Doxo app. I had forgotten about this, but just decided to take another look today, and still the same: No Apple Pay in Doxo!
I am wondering why?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Etp
I have used Doxo a few times, mainly for meeting spending requirement. I have iPhone 6S and Apple Pay never showed up as a payment option in the Doxo app. I had forgotten about this, but just decided to take another look today, and still the same: No Apple Pay in Doxo!
I am wondering why?

Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:11 pm
Etp

It seems that using credit cards through Apple Pay is not a payment option for several payees, including all of those that I am interested in.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:54 pm

Mobile payments is a limited expense category, just like all cards offer points for limited expense categories (i.e., travel, dining, groceries, gas, etc.). It's probably not true for everyone, but I find I can earn more points on mobile payments as a category than any other category offered across all my cards. Almost all major retailers, drug stores, and grocery stores accept mobile payments. Even Costco accepts Apple Pay making AR generally the best earning card for Costco purchases.
akr1970akr and 808traveler like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by soldja
Mobile payments is a limited expense category, just like all cards offer points for limited expense categories (i.e., travel, dining, groceries, gas, etc.). It's probably not true for everyone, but I find I can earn more points on mobile payments as a category than any other category offered across all my cards. Almost all major retailers, drug stores, and grocery stores accept mobile payments. Even Costco accepts Apple Pay making AR generally the best earning card for Costco purchases.
I'm not sure it's all that limited anymore, at least from the perspective of merchants that accept it. Keeping it permanently 3x is also not completely out of the question (even with people using phones for the majority of their spend) given that the card's Visa Infinite. The card having a high AF and US Bank being touchy about use of the card for MS is likely what's keeping their costs under control more than anything else.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I don't know if this has been floating around for a while but while poking through the statements tab on my USB AR web site, I noticed a 'special offer' drop down.

Inside of that was a pdf from Andrew Harper travel, where they stated packages booked through them would get 3x pts until March 2020.

So there is a little bit of an uplift for travel agency bookings, IF you go through their authorized full service agent.

I don't know any of the mechanics, whether AH books as broker/packager/consolidator etc., but I do not recall seeing this before.

If this really matters to someone - as in its a make or break issue - I would suggest speaking with your AH rep and ask them to clarify the exact mechanics of a booking.

At Costco Travel, it depends on the exact deal whether it will code up as Travel Agent, or Hotel, or whatnot.

If Andrew Harper can book non traditional travel items (walking tours, cooking classes, etc.) that might be a slight value add for the USB AR enthusiast.

NB USB AR does NOT normally get the travel bonus on travel agency bookings (except for airlines when coded to come through directly)
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Does anyone have quick access to the language of the Trip Delay benefit? I can't find a copy anywhere.

Checking to see if it includes spouses who are not authorized users and if it includes flights booked entirely with Flexpoints thru the portal
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:22 pm

So I live in middle of Wyoming and don't really use mobile payments. I get better rewards on grocery and gas which is only available mobile payments. So how do I max this card? I order lots of stuff like Walmart and home chef and other things online. I don't have a card that earns returns for online purchases like att access more. Can I just try and buy lots of stuff through Samsung pay app and that will want me rewards?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Does the Altitude make sense? Is there value wash on the AF?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Does the Altitude make sense? Is there value wash on the AF?
You need to compare it to your best alternative.

if you’re comparing it to a no annual fee 2% cashback card you need to spend $3000 annually on 3x categories to make the AF make sense.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:57 pm

I have a Samsung S10 and a Macbook. I quite frequently book packages through OTA (Online Travel Agencies). Which OTA's take Google Pay through either phone/laptop or who takes Apple Pay only through Macbook? I googled a few and it seems like apple pay is only available in the app for iphones and not common for Macbook.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Coming up on my first renewal in Nov and wondering if there are any recent data points on getting some kind of retention offer. My YTD spend has been around $13K,most of it (after the initial $4500 spend to meet the bonus) on 3X categories.if that helps.

Also, I have benefited from National Emerald Executive status that I received from this card and have 2 additional reservations coming up (post card renewal). Will the status automatically continue after the first year or do I need to sign up all over again?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Coming up on my first renewal in Nov and wondering if there are any recent data points on getting some kind of retention offer. My YTD spend has been around $13K,most of it (after the initial $4500 spend to meet the bonus) on 3X categories.if that helps.

Also, I have benefited from National Emerald Executive status that I received from this card and have 2 additional reservations coming up (post card renewal). Will the status automatically continue after the first year or do I need to sign up all over again?

There are a couple data points on DoC website with comments stating 5000 and 10,000 points offered.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:52 pm

I was trying to add my card to Google Pay but unable to activate contactless payment.
Anyone facing the same issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.