Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
yes, they're fussy about that. and you might read the data points about gift cards & shut downs, if you were thinking of that.
Where to find data point? I am not a churner but would love to avoid the $75 annual fees especially if there are generous retention offers

I am thinking to go soon to the branch and open an an easy checking account with handful of grands to avoid maintenance fee so then I will be eligible for credit card 💳 application

Last edited by good_boy_1234; Nov 8, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:00 pm

Retention offer of 10k points offered and accepted. Only spent $4,400 on the card in the first year.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Where to find data point? I am not a churner but would love to avoid the $75 annual fees especially if there are generous retention offers

I am thinking to go soon to the branch and open an an easy checking account with handful of grands to avoid maintenance fee so then I will be eligible for credit card 💳 application
You only need to maintain a $300 daily balance in a US Bank Standard Savings account to avoid maintenance fees on that account.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I upgraded to some higher level account, which becomes free by virtue of the USB AR, and only keep $5 in it.

I can't remember if it was gold or silver.

Actually given their branch footprint, and general niceness, I should be doing more with them.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Snuupy
confirmed Google Pay web checkout on Altitude does not earn 3x

I've been using my Altitude with my Samsung Galaxy S6 I bought refurb on ebay.

I believe we're less rare than we think we are. The only thing I've found that sucks is authorized users must have a SSN and ITIN/no SSN isn't accepted to issue an additional card. AMEX for example allows for passport/foreign driver's license as identification, but US Bank does not. Barclaycard and Synchrony only ask for names. It makes sharing this card a bit more difficult.

4.5% for all in-person purchases with 0 FTF is a goldmine for travelers (grocery, shopping, any purchases made in person)

The only thing I haven't been able to get it working at is gas stations that don't take tap.
Do your gas stations have MST readers? I've used my galaxy S9 lots of times on MST with Samsung pay.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:58 pm

Seems waiting period has recently changed "The U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is offered to U.S. Bank customers who have an eligible U.S. Bank account relationship open and active a minimum of 5 business days prior to submitting an application."

- Any good data point if applying after a week is enough or still risky?
- Any good ways to get most out of it for 3% given I am an iphone user (not Samsung)?

PS: I am not a churner and hope to keep the card for years!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Seems waiting period has recently changed "The U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is offered to U.S. Bank customers who have an eligible U.S. Bank account relationship open and active a minimum of 5 business days prior to submitting an application."

- Any good data point if applying after a week is enough or still risky?
- Any good ways to get most out of it for 3% given I am an iphone user (not Samsung)?

PS: I am not a churner and hope to keep the card for years!
Not sure if branch is near you but I did my in branch on the same day and got approved 2 days later.

If you also have a touch id mac, you can use apple pay on certain websites using the safari browser
808traveler likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:48 am

How long does USB take to post bonus? Also, I find their website really annoying. I love how amex shows which transactions get 3x or 5x etc. How are we able to be sure mobile payments correctly tracking? Is there a way in Samsung pay to do this?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by geoff325
How long does USB take to post bonus? Also, I find their website really annoying. I love how amex shows which transactions get 3x or 5x etc. How are we able to be sure mobile payments correctly tracking? Is there a way in Samsung pay to do this?
I received the bonus on the statement that followed meeting the MSR. In terms of tracking transactions I generally just keep it simple by only using the card for transactions that give me the 3X bonus (travel or mobile payments) so that the math is simple as the statement does not give you a breakdown per transaction and only the bonus received for each category. In terms of tracking individual transactions, even though it does not show the bonus like Amex, when you look at your transactions online (computer) there's a "More details" link underneath each transaction and when you click on it gives you more information. Within that window that pops up when you hit the "More details" link transactions made using a mobile wallet show "Digital Payment" and "Google Pay" underneath. For other mobile wallets I assume it would show "Samsung Pay" or "Apple Pay" depending on what you use. While this is not the same as showing the bonus, it at least shows you tracking as a mobile wallet payment and that you can expect the bonus to be reflected in your statement. In the end, if you do use your card for transactions that do not get the bonus then you are left with doing some extra math every month to make sure that everything is tracking properly.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:10 pm

So re the 4 visits, can you have a gues with you? Would it count as part of the 4 so consumes 2?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
How does this Infinite compare to CNB, UBS, or Ritz?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
How does this Infinite compare to CNB, UBS, or Ritz?
I think for the right user who doesn’t want to deal with point transfers this card is near unbeatable. The 3 pts per $1 spent on travel and mobile wallet, the ease of redemption of points at full value, an easy to use $325 travel credit, 12 GoGo WiFi passes, and 4 Priority Pass visits makes this IMO the best single card out there for a person with medium level spend (say $30k/yr) and who does any sort of occasional travel.

You may want to consider pairing this card with another cashback card for use at restaurants. I think the SavorOne is a pretty good deal at 3%, no FTF, and no annual fees.
mia and 808traveler like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Any idea if Air-Hotel package purchase from Expedia codes as 3x ?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Any idea if Air-Hotel package purchase from Expedia codes as 3x ?
Expedia supports payment via Apple Pay, so yes.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jags86
Expedia supports payment via Apple Pay, so yes.
How can you do it online? Via iPhone or just saferi browser (e.g., MacBook)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.