Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by invisible

Does this mean that you need to activate token for each digital wallet by calling us bank customer care number?
I recently added my US bank cards to both Google and Samsung Pay (got a new phone) and it was possible to add it via SMS. However this didn't work on Samsung watch, where I needed to call. Then switching to my wife's phone, I also needed to call the bank, so maybe if you add it on the same phone, as SMS number defined in US Bank, then it won't ask to call the bank, but I can't really prove this theory.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by yugi
I recently added my US bank cards to both Google and Samsung Pay (got a new phone) and it was possible to add it via SMS. However this didn't work on Samsung watch, where I needed to call. Then switching to my wife's phone, I also needed to call the bank, so maybe if you add it on the same phone, as SMS number defined in US Bank, then it won't ask to call the bank, but I can't really prove this theory.
I have an experience adding to three iphones (SE, 6, 7) and one Android device (Sony eXperia). All four times it required calling the back and going very detailed KYC process asking questions from my credit history back 15 years ago and questions I've never heard before - like 'In which county is Las Vegas'.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 4:53 am

Cause otherwise Samsung pay is gonna popup any way.
My question is, because Samsung had two different payment options - Google and Samsung Pay, will it be two different digital tokens to be created/activated?

I'm asking question because sometimes I need to make a payment via a self-service kiosk which has a maximum transaction limitation per mode per day. As an example, you want to pay an utility bill which is $200, but the kiosk allows maximum $100 per day payment using your phone wallet. But you can make $200 payment using two different phones because of separate digital tokens for two different phones.

So the question is - if I have samsung phone and the card enabled for both Samsung and Google pay, I can overcome the limitation with a single phone, correct?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:35 pm

Retention Offer

I just called and the best they could do was 5,000 points. According to the rep that is the most she sees given out recently. The 5,000 points were described as “Customer Satisfaction Points.” As this card seems to be once a lifetime at this point on signup bonus points I took it as it essentially gets me back to flat versus the annual fee of $400. 5,000 points worth $75 on travel and I get the $325 annual travel credits so that makes $400. Worth it for me to keep for 3x on Apple Pay which to me is worth 4.5 cents when used on travel.
akr1970akr and 808traveler like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
My question is, because Samsung had two different payment options - Google and Samsung Pay, will it be two different digital tokens to be created/activated?

I'm asking question because sometimes I need to make a payment via a self-service kiosk which has a maximum transaction limitation per mode per day. As an example, you want to pay an utility bill which is $200, but the kiosk allows maximum $100 per day payment using your phone wallet. But you can make $200 payment using two different phones because of separate digital tokens for two different phones.

So the question is - if I have samsung phone and the card enabled for both Samsung and Google pay, I can overcome the limitation with a single phone, correct?
Yes, they will have different tokens. If you add a watch, it will also have a different token, so total 3 of them in this case.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:47 am
Etp

Cause otherwise Samsung pay is gonna popup any way.
Is there any reason to prefer Google Pay to Samsung Pay?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Etp
Is there any reason to prefer Google Pay to Samsung Pay?
Only because you can add virtually unlimited number of cards to it. Samsung Pay is limited to 10 cards per device. Otherwise, Samsung pay is vastly superior.
Etp likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by guv1976
Why not just call Priority Pass and ask? They are open 24/7: 800-352-2834
I just called and the CSR confirmed that if I were to visit with 2 guests, I would be using one visit from my entitlement and 2 guest visits from my 4 guest entitlements. I have a trip in around 30 days so I will get to experience it first hand. I'll report back on how the visits are deducted..
guv1976 and akr1970akr like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I just called and the CSR confirmed that if I were to visit with 2 guests, I would be using one visit from my entitlement and 2 guest visits from my 4 guest entitlements. I have a trip in around 30 days so I will get to experience it first hand. I'll report back on how the visits are deducted..
Note that some lounges impose their own special PP constraints on guests. Our home away from home (KAL @ LAX) has lounge dragon ladies who delight in that !
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:50 am

Has anybody been able to redeem pts at 1.5c/pt for the JR Rail Pass? If so, where did you purchase from?

I fear not being able to redeem as the last time I purchased the pass it was "Travel Agency" and I was denied the bonus pts.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Thanks for reporting back about this. Please do let us know how it ultimately shakes out after your PP lounge visit.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Note that some lounges impose their own special PP constraints on guests. Our home away from home (KAL @ LAX) has lounge dragon ladies who delight in that !
You mean they wont allow more then a certain number of guests in? That is different from noting the number of guests on the slip and submitting it to PP who then decides how its deducted from my entitlement. I will be traveling with my mom, wife and child (under 12). The specific lounge details state that kids under 12 are admitted free so it will be 2 guests and myself.

I'll report back once the stay posts to my account.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:15 pm

Any recent DPs for rentention offers ? Called today and was told no offers are available at this time .
Old Jul 28, 2019, 3:49 am

Are booking/charges via travel agencies classified as 'travel expenses'?

Question - bookings/charges for hotels/airlines/activities via OTAs, like Agoda, Booking, Hotels, Priceline - are they classified as 'Travel Expenses'?

Separate question regarding Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption - if for example you've arrived at destination and discover that the room at hotel is not available, or it is such awful that you have to go and book and pay at another place - is such case falls under 'Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption' or is it different category? What kind of paperwork one needs to present to fail such claim?

Actually anyone had a case to file claim falling under travel benefits category? What was the outcome?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:53 pm

Question - bookings/charges for hotels/airlines/activities via OTAs, like Agoda, Booking, Hotels, Priceline - are they classified as 'Travel Expenses'?

Separate question regarding Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption - if for example you've arrived at destination and discover that the room at hotel is not available, or it is such awful that you have to go and book and pay at another place - is such case falls under 'Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption' or is it different category? What kind of paperwork one needs to present to fail such claim?

Actually anyone had a case to file claim falling under travel benefits category? What was the outcome?
No on the first question. OTA is not a part of travel category, but if you book a flight via OTA, airline charges your card directly anyway, so then it will count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.