Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Shadowfactor

altitude Reserve is primary coverage. Not sure if the rest is accurate or not.
Sorry -- I'll edit and correct
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Some examples -- CSR=Chase Sapphire Reserve, AR = US Bank Altitude Reserve

Auto Rental Coverage: CSR car can be worth up to $75K, AR $50k
- CSR covers world wide except where prohibited by law. AR excludes Israel, Jamaica, North and South Ireland
- CSR covers rentals up to 31 days everywhere. AR is limited to 15 days in your home country (31 days elsewhere)

Travel Protections: CSR covers any family member (including adult children and parents) if ticket is paid on card. AR only covers card holder, spouse and dependent children.
- AR does not have baggage delay coverage. CSR has $100/day for up to 35 days if baggage delayed >6hours.
- Emergency evacuation: CSR covers up to $1M. AR covers up to $10K

Priority Pass = CSR has unlimited visits for cardholder and 2 guests. AR is 4 visits for cardholder and 1 guest.

Etc etc......
There are several important differences between the two cards as you note, the most significant of which (in my view) is the unlimited PP access with the CSR. But that, of course, is not a difference in insurance coverage, just as the AR's twelve annual GoGo Wi-Fi passes are not an insurance benefit.

Re: Auto CDW coverage. The AR covers vehicles with an MSRP of $75K or less, which is sufficient for what I rent, but might not be for other travelers. And I'm pretty sure that you have to initiate and complete (i.e., use the same card at check-out and check-in) an auto rental with both the CSR and the AR in order to have CDW coverage.

Re: Trip Delay coverage. While both cards cover delays requiring an overnight stay, for delays not requiring an overnight stay, the AR kicks in after 6 hours; doesn't the CSR require a 12-hour delay for non-overnight-stay situations?

Differences in coverage for emergency evacuation and in defining "immediate family" for various coverages are significant. And some of the CSR coverages also apply to non-family traveling companions.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Regarding AP PP visits of 4 - per month? Per year?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tstauck
Regarding AP PP visits of 4 - per month? Per year?
Four PP visits per year. With a maximum of one guest per visit.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by guv1976
Visits with gusts count towards the total number of four or not? In other words, if I went to the lounge twice with one guest, did I use total four visits or just two?
P.S. Checked website, seems 4 visits, including guest for each time.

Last edited by invisible; Jun 1, 2019 at 9:48 pm
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invisible
Visits with gusts count towards the total number of four or not? In other words, if I went to the lounge twice with one guest, did I use total four visits or just two?
P.S. Checked website, seems 4 visits, including guest for each time.
Correct: with or without a guest, each visit is just one visit.
tstauck likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Correct: with or without a guest, each visit is just one visit.
Which actually is not bad, because at the end, you can have total of 8 people in a year for lounge visit.

This is contrary to total number of people visiting a lounge per year which is defined as 'visit'. One card I have has 5 such 'visits', which means that once you can take one guest and second time - two more people in addition and your yearly limits are up.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:10 pm

Retention in year 3?

My wife and I accepted a retention bonus last year, which more than covered the net $75 fee. We both called recently, after being charged the $400, and neither of us could get customer service to budge. Has anyone gotten anything at the start of year three? We both spend at least 25k on the cards in the last twelve months, if that matters! I will likely keep the cards either way, but something extra is always appreciated!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:38 pm

I just finished my first year with the card and the AF posted. I've called twice about getting a retention bonus, but haven't had any luck.

Everybody seems to get the 10,000 bonus pretty easily on the card, anybody have tips of how I can get that?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS,UA
Does the Annual Fee have to post before I can start using the 325 Travel Credit
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I also could not get any reduction in annual fee or points credit. Ended up cancelling the card. I had it two years with total spend of about $30k over the two years. I did not try to get any retention bonus at end of year 1, so this was the first time I asked.
I called twice and both times could get no luck in a retention offer.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:38 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm only researching the card now, but 4 visits seems pretty strict. I could use that on one roundtrip, lounge at departure and connection, and then same for the way back, and then I would be done for the year already

I have the PP through AMEX but they're dropping the restaurants. So seems like Chase is the best bet for unlimited visits as a card benefit?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tstauck
Thanks for the info. I'm only researching the card now, but 4 visits seems pretty strict. I could use that on one roundtrip, lounge at departure and connection, and then same for the way back, and then I would be done for the year already

I have the PP through AMEX but they're dropping the restaurants. So seems like Chase is the best bet for unlimited visits as a card benefit?
If you need unlimited visits, then the CSR makes sense. But you might want to get the Altitude Reserve card too, for the other benefits, particularly the three points/$ on all mobile-wallet purchases, and the 12 annual GoGo Wi-Fi passes. If you can get a retention offer, the AR is effectively free.
tstauck likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:51 pm

If you need unlimited visits, then the CSR makes sense. But you might want to get the Altitude Reserve card too, for the other benefits, particularly the three points/$ on all mobile-wallet purchases, and the 12 annual GoGo Wi-Fi passes. If you can get a retention offer, the AR is effectively free.
Thanks for the quick response!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
My 325$ travel credit reimbursements for the new cardmember year posted before the annual fee was billed.

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Does the Annual Fee have to post before I can start using the 325 Travel Credit
akr1970akr and tstauck like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.