FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

ericliujian Apr 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by riversidetom (Post 22684150)
60 days I believe

Are you sure? Is this 60 days on their website or somewhere? Thank you.

pkoo Apr 10, 2014 6:54 pm

If it is 60 days, wouldn't it be possible to get a refund of the AF and get the points?

X + 30 days > 60 days given that X < 30.

The only way they could then enforce the T&C is if they clawback

snowboardpunk Apr 10, 2014 11:22 pm

if you book with miles can you still use the companion pass?

also whats the best way to use your miles? don't really care about business class but want to get the most flights out of my miles.

farulg Apr 11, 2014 1:01 am

Originally Posted by sincera4565 (Post 22683096)
I'm not sure if I follow. I thought there are only two offer currently, 1) 30K after first spend, AF waived first year and 10k per annual and 2) 40K after first spend, AF not waived and no annual bonus.

Are you sure you offer is 40K first spend + 10K annual? If yes, please share the link to us.

You're right, I made a mistake. It was #2, I saw the 10k in the landing page and automatically thought it was the annual bonus when in fact it was the up to 10k miles balance transfer offer.

aikitim Apr 13, 2014 11:58 am

Does it make sense to sneak an app in for this card before it goes away with the US/AA merger? Will the miles push across to AADvantage now? I applied and received a Barclay Arrival in January - will that affect my app?

Additionally, as I'm new to this game, can the bonus miles be applied directly to a BA account or AA account instead of the US dividend miles, as if you were flying US airways but use your AADvantage number for example?

pkoo Apr 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by aikitim (Post 22698087)
Does it make sense to sneak an app in for this card before it goes away with the US/AA merger?

YES!

Will the miles push across to AADvantage now?

Yes, once the frequent flyer programs merge but it's not guaranteed that they will convert 1:1

I applied and received a Barclay Arrival in January - will that affect my app?

That depends on so many things. Assuming that is the only card you applied for and everything being good, you should be able to get approved.

Additionally, as I'm new to this game, can the bonus miles be applied directly to a BA account or AA account instead of the US dividend miles, as if you were flying US airways but use your AADvantage number for example?

Don't understand this question. Do you mean to transfer points from US Air to BA? If so, no.

Or have the bonus post to your BA account instead of US Air? Also, no

You can, however, use your US Air points to book flights on partner metals.

aikitim Apr 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo (Post 22698929)
YES!

Yes, once the frequent flyer programs merge but it's not guaranteed that they will convert 1:1

That depends on so many things. Assuming that is the only card you applied for and everything being good, you should be able to get approved.

Don't understand this question. Do you mean to transfer points from US Air to BA? If so, no.

Or have the bonus post to your BA account instead of US Air? Also, no

You can, however, use your US Air points to book flights on partner metals.

Perfect Response! Thanks!

sdsearch Apr 14, 2014 9:14 am

Does it make sense to sneak an app in for this card before it goes away with the US/AA merger?

While the answer to your exact question is "yes", your question is phrased as if you think it could happen any day now. No, that's still many months off. In fact, it's not clear whether it'll even happen before the end of 2014. It will happen by sometime in 2015.

So, yes, but no rush.

duranza Apr 14, 2014 10:15 am

ok, hesitant about having husband apply again for the USair card.

We will be traveling end of this month on USAir and having both of us canceling our card negates any baggage fees waived .

He closed first card in March right after annual 10k posted.
Last cc application was Jan for a second USAir which was declined.
Previous 6 mos opened 2 cards and one was the Barclays Arrival

I am looking for instant approval.. so is the card with the yearly fee the one to get?

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=51

EDT: well crap.. not instantly approved..

animesh42001 Apr 14, 2014 11:08 am

Originally Posted by duranza (Post 22702576)
ok, hesitant about having husband apply again for the USair card.

We will be traveling end of this month on USAir and having both of us canceling our card negates any baggage fees waived .

He closed first card in March right after annual 10k posted.
Last cc application was Jan for a second USAir which was declined.
Previous 6 mos opened 2 cards and one was the Barclays Arrival

I am looking for instant approval.. so is the card with the yearly fee the one to get?

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=51

EDT: well crap.. not instantly approved..

Please update if you are approved after reconsideration call. I do have US air card but have not closed that. Just wondering if I should apply for 2nd one..

duranza Apr 14, 2014 11:42 am

Originally Posted by animesh42001 (Post 22702872)
Please update if you are approved after reconsideration call. I do have US air card but have not closed that. Just wondering if I should apply for 2nd one..

just checked status and said not approved.. will have to call .. ugh

ETA: ok got approved by moving 5k cl from World Arrival, initial denial was due to applying back in Jan for a 2nd us air cc.

PedroNY Apr 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Just to confirm, as I read through the posts, but didn't see exact answer (sorry if I missed it). The 40,000 mile bonus only posts after paying for Annual Fee? Does it post a few days later, or does it post with the next statement, or 6-8 weeks after the fee was paid? I appreciate any data points on this one.

Best,

PedroNY

jibi Apr 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Interesting data point. I just noticed my APR for this card is 24.99%. In looking at the T&Cs, it shows that 15.99% or 24.99% is determined by "creditworthiness" ... and according to the information provided in my card packet, it shows my TU score used for this card's instant approval with a $10,000 CL was 785. I'm not upset, as I won't use this card for more than a single purchase, but I just found the APR rather interesting considering the TU score and awarded CL.

sincera4565 Apr 14, 2014 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 22704162)
Interesting data point. I just noticed my APR for this card is 24.99%. In looking at the T&Cs, it shows that 15.99% or 24.99% is determined by "creditworthiness" ... and according to the information provided in my card packet, it shows my TU score used for this card's instant approval with a $10,000 CL was 785. I'm not upset, as I won't use this card for more than a single purchase, but I just found the APR rather interesting considering the TU score and awarded CL.

I believe this card has always had a relatively high APR. Not that we would use it, but it is kind of shocking to know that compare to all those 0% APR for first 12 months offered from Citi...

jibi Apr 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Completed data point for paid AF prior to 1st statement:

4/14 - Received and activated card
4/14 - Purchased product from Amazon for $40.95
4/14 - Made a BOFA billpay for $129.95 to Barclay (scheduled for 4/16)
4/17 - Payment posted; -$89 balance/credit and 41 miles displayed
4/30 - Statement closed; AF shows paid and $0 balance
5/5 - Statement posted on Barclay website with 40,000 bonus miles displayed
5/6 - 40,041 miles posted to US account