FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

sdsearch Apr 8, 2014 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 22673626)
Did you close your 1st card? Could we have 2 same card at a time? Thank you.

YMMV tremendously. Some people can have 3 at a time, other people can't even have 2 at a time, and some people are denied even if they wait several months after closing all previous US cards. (Those worst results reported, however, are mostly from the wavied AF offers. It's unclear whether this offer with an unwaived AF is easier to get or not, but you still may need to cancel and wait some.)

slhansen219 Apr 8, 2014 9:49 pm

OK... i got my first US Air card on 12/6/2013 (instant approved for $17.5k) & wanted to get this before US Air/Barclays went away. Decided to pull the trigger even though it has only been 4 months and I have barely used the 1st card. (1x when I first got it for the initial spend and a couple of times this month because of the offer I just got) - Bottom line... I was instantly approved for $20k!!! 40K miles for me!!! Especially important since AA has now restructured their mileage rewards!!!

My first card is still open & I am using it.

thebill0322 Apr 9, 2014 7:03 am

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 22673626)
Did you close your 1st card? Could we have 2 same card at a time? Thank you.

Did not close the 1st card.

kasan08 Apr 9, 2014 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by thebill0322 (Post 22673418)
As a data point.

Applied tonight for my second us airways card.

First card I opened in september. Spent 15$ on it and didnt use it until just last month to meet the spend for 15k bonus. Statement has not even posted yet.

I got approved instantly for my second card (with a 10k limit which is crazy, first was only 6500). I have over 19 CR inquiries.

Anyway just a data point to add...

Regarding those 19 hard pulls, how many are in the last 6 months and how many in the last 12 months? Thanks.

jibi Apr 9, 2014 9:50 pm

Since we're posting data points, I opened my first card in 4/2013 (a little under a year ago) and closed it on 2/2014 with no AF charged. I opened the second card in 4/2014 (~11.5 months after the first and ~1.5 months after that one was closed) with instant approval.

farulg Apr 10, 2014 2:14 am

OK another datapoint. Applied and was approved for my first Barclays US Air card back in Feb 2013. Cancelled it after fee posted in March 2014. Just tried and was instantly approved for a second one ($89 fee, 40k miles after first spend, 10k per year) on 4/10! At best I must've put only $50 on the first card the whole year.

Surprisingly though my wife with a much higher FICO score didn't get an instant approval, will call the reconsideration line in a bit...

zutmin Apr 10, 2014 6:34 am

I canceled card #2 last week after 10K annual bonus posted. Did not pay annual fee.

I just applied for Card#3 a few minutes ago and was instantly approved :cool:

Time to try for Card#3 for the wife.

thebill0322 Apr 10, 2014 8:58 am

Originally Posted by kasan08 (Post 22680281)
Regarding those 19 hard pulls, how many are in the last 6 months and how many in the last 12 months? Thanks.

1 was last few weeks for a HELOC
4 in early January for CC apps
Others were in September (When I bought a house + CC apps and beyond)

pkoo Apr 10, 2014 9:14 am

It looks like some people are seeing the points post as soon as the statement closes even though the card requires you to pay the AF first. For me, the points for spending have posted but the bonus has not. And for those of you in the same boat, when did you see your bonuses post?

Ques Apr 10, 2014 10:37 am

Us airways cc 50k sign up

Thanks for the post. I was just approved. I will let everyone know if i receive the 50k after first purchase and balance transfer.

sincera4565 Apr 10, 2014 11:25 am

Originally Posted by farulg (Post 22680955)
OK another datapoint. Applied and was approved for my first Barclays US Air card back in Feb 2013. Cancelled it after fee posted in March 2014. Just tried and was instantly approved for a second one ($89 fee, 40k miles after first spend, 10k per year) on 4/10! At best I must've put only $50 on the first card the whole year.

Surprisingly though my wife with a much higher FICO score didn't get an instant approval, will call the reconsideration line in a bit...

I'm not sure if I follow. I thought there are only two offer currently, 1) 30K after first spend, AF waived first year and 10k per annual and 2) 40K after first spend, AF not waived and no annual bonus.

Are you sure you offer is 40K first spend + 10K annual? If yes, please share the link to us.

sdsearch Apr 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by kasan08 (Post 22680281)

Originally Posted by thebill0322 (Post 22682326)
1 was last few weeks for a HELOC
4 in early January for CC apps
Others were in September (When I bought a house + CC apps and beyond)

The total number of pulls per se doesn't matter. What matters is:

(1) The number of pulls on the bureau that Barclays decided to pull. (If Barclays pull TU, they only see pulls that show up on TU, not pulls that show up only on EQ or EXP.)

(2) They may also look at the number of new accounts you opened,, which will generally show up on TU even if the pull was on EQ or EXP (but may take longer to show up). But that's not quite the same as the number of pulls. (For example, pulls that resulted in rejections don't generate new accounts on your credit report, obviously! Same for pulls that were for moving credit allocation around between accounts.)

And they would look at account types too. So if one of the new accounts was for a new mortgage, that would not count the same as new credit card accounts. In fact, buying a house could be a very favorable thing on your credit report (since a mortgage is a different of credit, and different types of credit are looked upon more favorably than just credit cards and no other types of credit ever).

jk2 Apr 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 22683493)
The total number of pulls per se doesn't matter. What matters is:

(1) The number of pulls on the bureau that Barclays decided to pull. (If Barclays pull TU, they only see pulls that show up on TU, not pulls that show up only on EQ or EXP.)

(2) They may also look at the number of new accounts you opened,, which will generally show up on TU even if the pull was on EQ or EXP (but may take longer to show up). But that's not quite the same as the number of pulls. (For example, pulls that resulted in rejections don't generate new accounts on your credit report, obviously! Same for pulls that were for moving credit allocation around between accounts.)

And they would look at account types too. So if one of the new accounts was for a new mortgage, that would not count the same as new credit card accounts. In fact, buying a house could be a very favorable thing on your credit report (since a mortgage is a different of credit, and different types of credit are looked upon more favorably than just credit cards and no other types of credit ever).

They (Barclays) also look for previous/current accounts with them. If you:

1) had the same card(s) in the past and cancelled
2) spent on current/old accounts "not enough"

then your chances to prove them that you are not "churner" are slim. In the past I had the same issues and I was told explicitly that they would like to see "an established relationship with the bank". In other words, pay annual fee, use their cards (not other banks).

ericliujian Apr 10, 2014 1:14 pm

If the AF posted to my card, how long do I have to close the card and get the refund? 30 days?

riversidetom Apr 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 22683742)
If the AF posted to my card, how long do I have to close the card and get the refund? 30 days?

60 days I believe