FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

muji Jan 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by MannyCPA (Post 22121403)
I applied for the 30K US Airway card with the fee on December 18 (I'm an idiot and didn't see the better no fee offer). How is Barclay with matches?

Very unlikely (but always worth a try - call them and ask).

ajh507 Jan 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Great find, thanks for the post.

jeffhacker Jan 26, 2014 8:11 am

While we're talking about the US / Barclay CC, does anybody know if there is a foreign transaction fee?

muji Jan 26, 2014 10:18 am

Originally Posted by jeffhacker (Post 22225124)
While we're talking about the US / Barclay CC, does anybody know if there is a foreign transaction fee?

There is.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...tion-fees.html

llbad Jan 26, 2014 6:51 pm

I opened the no a/f, 35k after first purchase card just last month. I'm assuming I now am out of the running for this card? it would be nice to stack it for 75k miles...

EDIT: upon further research it seems you can indeed have 2 of this card. Does anyone know a good wait time to ensure I am not denied?

EDIT2: Upon even further research I found an answer, figured it was worth reposting here:

But that is no indication of whether or not it will work for you. Some people can get a third card while having two open, and some other people can't even get a second card while having just one open. And isn't tied to anything simple like wait between applications, credit score, history with Barclays, etc. It seems to be pretty random.

One factor (but that itself may be pretty random): If you happen to get an instant approval, you're approved. If you happen to get a deferred approval, for any reason at all (even if the reason for not getting instantly approved is a technical one, not related to the final outcome you would have gotten had the technical problem not held up the instant approval/rejection), you're more likely to get rejected for a second or third card.

dcpilgrim Jan 27, 2014 5:16 am

Originally Posted by playin0 (Post 22188756)
Anyone with 2 cards receive the 15000 bonus/ 750 spend offer for the second card? I activated my second in beginning of December and am patiently awaiting. Maybe after a few more statements.

Yes. But I got card #2 last April. I only skim this thread, but it seems like there are fewer reports of that offer lately. You can always hope.

philemer Jan 28, 2014 11:58 am

With the demise of the 35K card offer (see wiki at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-wiki-121.html) this is worth pursuing, IMO. 10K miles for $89 AF. It's now in my next churn.

jk2 Jan 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 22239745)
With the demise of the 35K card offer (see wiki at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-wiki-121.html) this is worth pursuing, IMO. 10K miles for $89 AF. It's now in my next churn.

I wanted to apply for this card, but there is a caveat - if they approve you for Platinum version of that card, you will get only 15K miles. I hesitated and decided to apply for 30K version.

SimonZX Jan 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks. Just got approved for the Citi AA Executive today. Thinking of another app.

muji Jan 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Closed second US Airways card back in September, then applied and got third US Airways card in November. With just one card open applied again for fourth US Airways card this month. The denial letter states that the denial was because: "You've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us".

A second reason given was that I had made "too many recent applications"; I had made four between October and December. But this could not have been an actual reason for denial since immediately after being denied for this fourth US Airways card I applied for the Barclays HA card and was immediately approved by them.

Perhaps three is the maximum number of US Airways cards they'll approve. Will have a better sense of this when I apply again for this card in June.

iqbalt80 Jan 29, 2014 9:15 am

Tried to get my 3rd US airways card and was denied for having existing product. First one open since Dec 2011 and the second was closed in June 2013.

muji Jan 30, 2014 9:00 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 22245780)
Tried to get my 3rd US airways card and was denied for having existing product.

You still might be able to get the 3rd one upon applying again some months down the road (since you did not get the stronger "You've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us" denial). Always worth another try.

iqbalt80 Jan 30, 2014 9:50 am

Originally Posted by muji (Post 22252386)
You still might be able to get the 3rd one upon applying again some months down the road (since you did not get the stronger "You've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us" denial). Always worth another try.

I just finished a major AOR and US air was the only that got declined.

Alaska Airlines Personal 25K/Biz 25K : Approved
Blue Cash: Approved
Chase IHG 80K: Approved
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa 40K + 5K(authorized user): Approved (had to close my MC Sapphire Preferred)
Citi Executive Elite 100K: Approved My 6th AA card (already have 3 visa, 1 mc and 1 amex)
Citi MC Biz 50K: Approved (my 5th Biz card over all)
US Air 40K/Biz: Declined for having existing product

sdsearch Jan 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 22243331)
With just one card open applied again for fourth US Airways card this month. The denial letter states that the denial was because: "You've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us".

[...]

Perhaps three is the maximum number of US Airways cards they'll approve. Will have a better sense of this when I apply again for this card in June.

Read what they wrote very carefully. It's confusing at first, but by "this product" they mean "this exact type of card". In other words, they're simply saying that since you have one US Airways card, you can't apply for another one (any more). (But they're not sayng it simply!)

"This product" does not mean any other type of Barclay card. So it's saying you have enough Barclay cards, it's just saying you have one US Airways card and they don't think you need another one.

You can cancel your existing card and try again in a few months.

muji Jan 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 22243331)
Closed second US Airways card back in September, then applied and got third US Airways card in November. With just one card open applied again for fourth US Airways card this month. The denial letter states that the denial was because: "You've already established the maximum allowable number of this product with us".

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 22254834)
"This product" does not mean any other type of Barclay card…it's just saying you have one US Airways card and they don't think you need another one.

Correct. My reference was to US Airways credit cards issued by Barclays, not to all Barclays credit cards.