FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

chespeak2002 Feb 13, 2014 9:32 pm

"Bonus Miles: Applicants who are approved for the Premier World MasterCard will receive 40,000 bonus miles after the first use of the account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded)."

Oh, so maybe I just need to pay the $89 annual fee and 40K miles will post in 2nd statement? Anyone has experience on this?

philemer Feb 14, 2014 1:39 am

Originally Posted by chespeak2002 (Post 22345995)
"Bonus Miles: Applicants who are approved for the Premier World MasterCard will receive 40,000 bonus miles after the first use of the account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded)."

Oh, so maybe I just need to pay the $89 annual fee and 40K miles will post in 2nd statement? Anyone has experience on this?

Yes. Now find another card to apply for. The game continues.:cool:

[Edit: you do need to make a purchase besides paying the annual fee.]

muji Feb 14, 2014 9:19 am

Originally Posted by chespeak2002 (Post 22345995)
...40,000 bonus miles after the first use of the account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer...I just need to pay the $89 annual fee and 40K miles will post

Paying the annual fee is not making a purchase. You still need to make at least one purchase in order to qualify for the bonus miles.

And on a side note, for card offers where there is a minimum spend of, let's say, $1,000 and an annual fee of, let's say, $50, you need to be careful. Sometimes when the balance hits $1,000 people fail to realize that the balance includes the annual fee charged - so they've actually spent on the card only $950, not the full $1,000.

ORD-TGU Feb 14, 2014 10:10 am

Nothing stated about 10K anniversary like other offers. Any chance that it is a benefit but not stated?

MDtR-Chicago Feb 14, 2014 10:11 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU (Post 22348633)
Nothing stated about 10K anniversary like other offers. Any chance that it is a benefit but not stated?

There is always a chance. ;)

Keep in mind, if you look at low bonus offer links as well as the popular ones we talk about here, then overall, the anniversary 10k redeemable miles bonus is quite rare.

platinum903 Feb 19, 2014 12:51 pm

I just applied and got the "we need additional time to review" I'm not quite sure why because my credit scores are over 780 and I haven't applied for any new credit cards in over 2 years. My income is north of $200k. Not really sure why I wasn't instantly approved.

philemer Feb 27, 2014 8:58 am

2 weeks & no card

Has anyone had to wait 2 weeks, or more, to receive their card? This is crazy. We sent a SM to Barclay but no answer yet. It is showing the card online & wants us to activate it.

bribro Feb 27, 2014 11:42 am

Took less than a week for me to receive my US Airways card. Something definitely went wrong.

sdsearch Feb 27, 2014 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 22428471)
Has anyone had to wait 2 weeks, or more, to receive their card? This is crazy. We sent a SM to Barclay but no answer yet. It is showing the card online & wants us to activate it.

In your profile:
That's fun but not useful. How long it takes to receive a card can depend on where your mailing address is. Many banks seem to send cards from the east coast, and as someone on the west coast it always takes much longer for me. I can't remember specifically for Barclays, but I do know that it was quite a while after it showed up online and wanted me to activate it online. (But I don't remember specifically how long it took, I just remember it seemed a long time even with the "west coast factor".)

And while I like SMs for cancelling a card so that I don't have to quizzed for a reason (at those banks that allow it), for other issues I prefer talking to a human in real time. It's harder for them to evade my questions then, and it's easier for me to figure out if they understand my questions and if not immediately rephrase or whatever until they do. (So I have no experience with SM communication with Barclays, I've always called them voice about everything.)

philemer Feb 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 22430027)
In your profile:
That's fun but not useful. How long it takes to receive a card can depend on where your mailing address is. Many banks seem to send cards from the east coast, and as someone on the west coast it always takes much longer for me. I can't remember specifically for Barclays, but I do know that it was quite a while after it showed up online and wanted me to activate it online. (But I don't remember specifically how long it took, I just remember it seemed a long time even with the "west coast factor".)

And while I like SMs for cancelling a card so that I don't have to quizzed for a reason (at those banks that allow it), for other issues I prefer talking to a human in real time. It's harder for them to evade my questions then, and it's easier for me to figure out if they understand my questions and if not immediately rephrase or whatever until they do. (So I have no experience with SM communication with Barclays, I've always called them voice about everything.)

The card arrived today. Total time from approval was 15 days. The Arrival Cards came in 8 days.

SM worked fine. They said to be patient. :) I live in the Intermountain West which I think is irrelevant. I've never had any card take that long to arrive. No date on the outside of the envelope so I can't blame the USPS. Oh well, life is good now.

platinum903 Feb 27, 2014 5:49 pm

I applied on the 19th and still haven't heard anything and the myapplicationstatus site still says it's going to take 10 days to review. I guess I will just keep waiting.

platinum903 Feb 28, 2014 8:19 pm

I just got an email saying I was approved. Weird that it took them so long to review and approve.

sdsearch Mar 1, 2014 7:51 am

Originally Posted by platinum903 (Post 22439625)
I just got an email saying I was approved. Weird that it took them so long to review and approve.

Sometimes they have to contact someone else and wait for the info to get back. I've had an app take a month with another bank once because they wanted to verify my income with the IRS. Now that required them sending me an authorization, me signing it, and sending it back. But perhaps there are other things on a credit application that (if the bank wants to verify it) take a while to verify but do not require contacting you for approval in the meantime. For a simple example: If you list your employer and your income from employment, and they send snail mail to your employer's HR, and wait for a snail mail response, you might be unaware of that going on but it might take some time.

felicity5 Mar 1, 2014 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 22252717)
I just finished a major AOR and US air was the only that got declined.

Alaska Airlines Personal 25K/Biz 25K : Approved
Blue Cash: Approved
Chase IHG 80K: Approved
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa 40K + 5K(authorized user): Approved (had to close my MC Sapphire Preferred)
Citi Executive Elite 100K: Approved My 6th AA card (already have 3 visa, 1 mc and 1 amex)
Citi MC Biz 50K: Approved (my 5th Biz card over all)
US Air 40K/Biz: Declined for having existing product

Did you downgrade your MC Saphire to a Freedom or just cancel it outright? How long after that did you apply for the Visa CSP? Right away? I want to cancel and apply for the visa before my MC is automatically changed to a visa.
Thanks

the_jaguar Mar 2, 2014 8:22 pm

I just applied for this offer and got an instant approval. This is smallest credit line I have ever received, only $7.5K, but I will take the 40,000 miles any day :-) Also got approved for the 100K AA card too.