FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

wheelsup57 Mar 26, 2014 12:59 am

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 22589299)
I've never heard of that waiver.. is it tied automatically tied to the account?

Here are the details, from The Dividend Miles Select "learn more" link that is found under your miles balance, when you log in to your Dividend Miles account.

I hope I have understood the details correctly.

https://membership.usairways.com/en-...cards/dms.html

*Terms and conditions: Effective July 1, 2009, the Primary Cardmember is eligible to receive 5,000 mile award discount and award processing fee waiver benefits described when all of the following conditions have been met: (a) your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard Credit Card (“Account”) has an annual fee and you have paid the annual fee (and it is not later waived); (b) the applicable Account remains open and in good standing (c) you have made at least one purchase or balance transfer on the applicable Account in the last twelve months; (d) you are redeeming miles from the Dividend Miles account linked to your Account; (e) you are using the Primary Cardmember's card and card number to purchase the ticket directly from US Airways; and (f) your award ticket(s) are booked for either a roundtrip or open-jaw itinerary on flight segments operated by US Airways and/or US Airways Express (“Eligible Award Tickets”)

gv111 Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Just got approved for this offer. Love the automatic approval.

Last US card was opened in Nov 2013.

snowboardpunk Mar 28, 2014 1:17 am

when they say zone 2 boarding does that mean better seats? or you just get to board the plane earlier?

bribro Mar 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by snowboardpunk (Post 22602834)
when they say zone 2 boarding does that mean better seats? or you just get to board the plane earlier?

Just board the plane earlier.

TravelMutt Mar 31, 2014 6:53 am

Did anyone take advantage of the offer towards the end of last year that gave 50% miles back if you spent them? There were some other offers of 30%, too.

I just returned from my flight where I was supposed to get 50% back after flying. I'm just wondering how long these bonus points take to hit.

I've been searching the old thread, but can't find the offer. If anyone has a screen shot, please PM me. Thanks!

FlyerChrisK Apr 3, 2014 11:15 pm

I recently applied for and received this card. I noticed that with my first statement, my points for my purchases have posted to my US Airways account but not my signup bonus.

I've had this card previously (cancelled in early 2013), so does this have any implications about the continued churnability of this card?

commdiver Apr 4, 2014 9:35 pm

Just as a small FYI, if you need the bonus miles for a trip, you can call them and ask to have your statement closing date moved up. I called them a few minutes ago, and they moved it from the 24th to tomorrow.

weezl Apr 5, 2014 3:28 pm

On board US AIR LAX-CLT picked up an "on board only" paper app for 40k with $89 AF and a free companion cert good for up to two pax at $99 ea with paid ticket ea year. Plus 5k off each award ticket cost. Funny thing is the app states good for use on star alliance! With the merger will the 5k offer still be good?

Online I see a 40k Barclaycard splash page but the T&C states 30k is the bonus.
Suspect some confusion in the office...

So it looks like this may be the highest mileage bonus available right now with US Air but it is not $0 AF and appears to only be available to flying pax.

ninroot Apr 6, 2014 10:33 am

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK (Post 22646166)
I recently applied for and received this card. I noticed that with my first statement, my points for my purchases have posted to my US Airways account but not my signup bonus.

I've had this card previously (cancelled in early 2013), so does this have any implications about the continued churnability of this card?

Same thing just happened to me. First statement just posted with only my purchase points...no bonus. I applied using the link in this thread for the 40k bonus. I also had the card previously. Any ideas? Anyone have luck calling to get the bonus instated?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the thread and saw that you have to pay the annual fee before they award the miles. I previously got the AF waived offer so I thought the miles would post on the first statement.

FlyerChrisK Apr 8, 2014 4:01 am

Originally Posted by ninroot (Post 22658355)
EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the thread and saw that you have to pay the annual fee before they award the miles. I previously got the AF waived offer so I thought the miles would post on the first statement.

What do you mean exactly?

My annual fee posted with my first statement and I've now paid it. Do I have to wait for my actual due date (or sometime even later) to see the signup bonus?

thebill0322 Apr 8, 2014 6:40 am

I am about to apply to my second us airways card (last one was about 9 months ago)

I haven't used the card until a couple weeks ago to meet the 15000 point bonus for Jan-march. Am I better off waiting until the statement closes to have the best shot at getting the second card or will just having the activity on the account be good enough?

Thanks.

ericliujian Apr 8, 2014 10:48 am

I have the 35k w/out AF one. I do not want to pay 89 for 10k, pay 89 for 40k is better.Do I need to close the previous card and then try to apply this 40k one? How long will it be safe to apply after I close the 35k one? Thank you for your kind reply.

jibi Apr 8, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm curious if the bonus points would post on the first statement if you prepaid $90 (bill pay/bank push) after a small purchase and prior to the first statement being received. When I get my card, I will try it if they still allow me a few days before the statement date.

Also worth noting is that I was approved for the World Premier card ($10K CL) and the instant approval page reflected that card, but the welcome email (which came 40 mins later) did not have "Premier" in it. When I called Barclays and asked them about it, they confirmed I was approved for the World Premier.

thebill0322 Apr 8, 2014 6:48 pm

As a data point.

Applied tonight for my second us airways card.

First card I opened in september. Spent 15$ on it and didnt use it until just last month to meet the spend for 15k bonus. Statement has not even posted yet.

I got approved instantly for my second card (with a 10k limit which is crazy, first was only 6500). I have over 19 CR inquiries.

Anyway just a data point to add...

ericliujian Apr 8, 2014 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by thebill0322 (Post 22673418)
As a data point.

Applied tonight for my second us airways card.

First card I opened in september. Spent 15$ on it and didnt use it until just last month to meet the spend for 15k bonus. Statement has not even posted yet.

I got approved instantly for my second card (with a 10k limit which is crazy, first was only 6500). I have over 19 CR inquiries.

Anyway just a data point to add...

Did you close your 1st card? Could we have 2 same card at a time? Thank you.