FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

platinum903 Mar 3, 2014 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by the_jaguar (Post 22450304)
I just applied for this offer and got an instant approval. This is smallest credit line I have ever received, only $7.5K, but I will take the 40,000 miles any day :-) Also got approved for the 100K AA card too.

That's the same as I got. Don't really care about the credit line. I was just doing it for the 40K miles.

g8trgr8t Mar 3, 2014 8:31 pm

second US Aircard for me in 12 months, getting ready to cancel the other one, instant approval, 15k limit. 40k with no spend is a nice match for the 100k AA card 10k spend I am working on right now

philemer Mar 8, 2014 3:56 pm

Data point

Instant approval. Last Barclay card was a US MC, from 2012. $12.5K CL.

PHLisa Mar 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Card #3

This is my 3rd card - 1st is closed, 2nd still open from last May. Largest credit line they've every given me. Instant approval, 12.5k limit.

e4west Mar 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Denied. Too many credit applications. States that a credit report was NOT used in the decision. 800 credit score.

Am I blacklisted?

sdsearch Mar 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by e4west (Post 22529529)
Denied. Too many credit applications. States that a credit report was NOT used in the decision. 800 credit score.

Am I blacklisted?

What is your history of applying for Barclay cards? That much they can see without a credit report.

philemer Mar 17, 2014 4:25 pm

data point on miles posting, or not

Wife's card:
First stmt. closed 3/12
Spend points/miles posted 3/13
No bonus miles yet - am I being too anxious?

[Edit: It looks like the fine print on this card is a little different than the no AF cards. It reads:
3 Bonus Miles: Applicants who are approved for the Premier World MasterCard will receive 40,000 bonus miles after the first use of the account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded). Applicants who are approved for the World MasterCard will receive 15,000 bonus miles after the first use of your account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer (that are not later returned or rescinded) and have paid the Annual Fee on the account (and such fee is not rescinded). Bonus miles will be sent to US Airways at the close of your billing statement after qualifying transaction(s) have been posted. Balance Transfer Checks do not qualify for bonus miles.

Looks like they want to make sure the AF is paid and THEN they'll issue the 40K bonus miles at the close of the next stmt. Assuming I'm reading this paragraph correctly.

frudd38 Mar 18, 2014 2:57 am

Data Point 3rd card

Card #1 (35k, no AF) = 3/20/13 Instant
Card #2 (35k, no AF) = 8/11/13 Instant (lowered credit limit to the minimum $5k sometime in jan 2014)

Card #1 Cancelled = 3/15/14

Card #3 (40k, AF) = 3/18/14 Instant

The key is low recent inquiries and not too much credit with them (lower it via sm if too much) according to my observations here and experience with a few other people's accounts.

If you don't get instant approval on anything but card #1, recon seems futile.

diclemeg Mar 21, 2014 9:20 am

I activated this card last year, on March 13... I am still awaiting the anniversary bonus... from reading here, I understood that it would post on the statement date of the anniversary month, which is today March 21, and still nothing.... Has anyone gotten the anniversary bonus lately ????????????????????

tomcanada22 Mar 22, 2014 1:36 am

Originally Posted by diclemeg (Post 22563395)
I activated this card last year, on March 13... I am still awaiting the anniversary bonus... from reading here, I understood that it would post on the statement date of the anniversary month, which is today March 21, and still nothing.... Has anyone gotten the anniversary bonus lately ????????????????????

Yes, deal is still on. It may not post exactly on anniversary date but give it a week before panic. Sit tight and wait a little bit as it should show up before annual fee is due..

frudd38 Mar 22, 2014 1:52 am

Yes, it' usually end of the day/tomorrow..

italdesign Mar 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 22543211)
Card #1 (35k, no AF) = 3/20/13 Instant
Card #2 (35k, no AF) = 8/11/13 Instant (lowered credit limit to the minimum $5k sometime in jan 2014)

Card #1 Cancelled = 3/15/14

Card #3 (40k, AF) = 3/18/14 Instant

The key is low recent inquiries and not too much credit with them (lower it via sm if too much) according to my observations here and experience with a few other people's accounts.

If you don't get instant approval on anything but card #1, recon seems futile.

Thanks for the tip. Downgraded my CL with them in preparation for card #2 app. $500 was the minimum CL quoted. I chose $2K for each of my 3 cards with them.

MDtR-Chicago Mar 23, 2014 10:22 am

I activated this card last year, on March 13... I am still awaiting the anniversary bonus...

You're posting in a thread about offers without an anniversary bonus. Did you use a different link from another thread originally?

wheelsup57 Mar 23, 2014 1:29 pm

I was approved for the no af card back on December. If it's any comfort to those of you stuck with the newer af card, please note that you do not get charged an award processing fee of $50, whereas no af card holders like me must pay the $50 award processing fee.

frudd38 Mar 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by wheelsup57 (Post 22573951)
I was approved for the no af card back on December. If it's any comfort to those of you stuck with the newer af card, please note that you do not get charged an award processing fee of $50, whereas no af card holders like me must pay the $50 award processing fee.

I've never heard of that waiver.. is it tied automatically tied to the account?