FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

flyerORD May 1, 2014 10:52 am

Apped yesterday for the 40k offer. Approved for $5k! I'm not an elite status member.

wholeinone04 May 3, 2014 9:53 pm

I got a USAir card last May(2013) and I'm planning on canceling after I get the bonus pts this year. Should I apply for a second one before or after I cancel the card?

Btw, I applied and was approved for barclay arrival on 4/4 - will this affect my 2nd us air app in may/june?

philemer May 3, 2014 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by vtqanh (Post 22782241)
The miles will appear after the statement that shows you paid the annual fee, which means it won't post until after the statement of May 24th. Since you technically already paid the AF, you can send them an SM and see if they will post it early.

Just for fun I sent a SM to see if they would accelerate the points and they said "sorry". :-)

pfl5001 May 7, 2014 4:45 pm

Extra data for people: Got card and found out first statement would close 1 week later. Charged 1 purchase and annual fee posted before statement close. Paid annual fee and purchase before statement closed and got 40,002 miles next day after the first statement closed.

pkoo May 8, 2014 4:51 pm

- Made a purchase on new card
- AF charged on first statement
- Miles via purchase posted onto USair acc but bonus didn't
- Second billing statement, bonus posted
- I cancelled the card immediately as it was around 50 days.
- Got a refund of the AF via check; they did not clawback the bonus

FYI: 60 days to get a refund of your AF so this worked for me.

Take advantage of Barclays until they get as smart as Chase.

duranza May 8, 2014 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by pkoo (Post 22834125)
- Made a purchase on new card
- AF charged on first statement
- Miles via purchase posted onto USair acc but bonus didn't
- Second billing statement, bonus posted
- I cancelled the card immediately as it was around 50 days.
- Got a refund of the AF via check; they did not clawback the bonus

FYI: 60 days to get a refund of your AF so this worked for me.

Take advantage of Barclays until they get as smart as Chase.

Wow that is pretty risky.... let's hope they don't put you on their black list.

pkoo May 9, 2014 7:49 am

What is life without risk?

ponickka May 9, 2014 9:57 am

Will the US airway points convert to AA once the merger is completed?

heyeaglefn May 9, 2014 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ponickka (Post 22837576)
Will the US airway points convert to AA once the merger is completed?

At some point, but may not be until 2016.

jibi May 9, 2014 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by jibi (Post 22704321)
Completed data point for paid AF prior to 1st statement:

4/14 - Received and activated card
4/14 - Purchased product from Amazon for $40.95
4/14 - Made a BOFA billpay for $129.95 to Barclay (scheduled for 4/16)
4/17 - Payment posted; -$89 balance/credit and 41 miles displayed
4/30 - Statement closed; AF shows paid and $0 balance
5/5 - Statement posted on Barclay website with 40,000 bonus miles displayed
5/6 - 40,041 miles posted to US account

Successfully completed as of 5/6. Updated the wiki.

duranza May 9, 2014 9:54 pm

Husband received card April 22nd, made one purchase $25 on April 28th.
Annual fee posted and paid bill on May 8th.
Today 40,050 miles have posted on USAir.
Way faster than I had expected.

PHLisa May 14, 2014 9:20 am

Hmm. My statement dropped 5/11 and my miles haven't posted yet. They are showing in my Rewards tab on the Barclays website as earned though, so maybe they do a weekly sweep or something.

ETA: And there they are! Took 4 days from the statement date to post.

krazykanuck May 15, 2014 7:45 am

Is there any timeline for when this card is likely to disappear? I was thinking this + an AA card could be good for building a combined new AA balance but wasn't sure what the lifespan of this card is.

LAKnight May 15, 2014 12:38 pm

I have both the Citi AA cards (World Elite Master and Visa Signature) and the US Airways credit card.
Yesterday, I received a letter from Barclayscard stating that the companion certificate, miles towards perferred status, daypass and membership discount, and the first class check-in from US Airways credit card will be all gone in 2015.

Enjoy the benefits if you can in 2014...

sdsearch May 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 22868388)
Is there any timeline for when this card is likely to disappear? I was thinking this + an AA card could be good for building a combined new AA balance but wasn't sure what the lifespan of this card is.

This card won't dsiappear for those who already have it and continue to hold it; it'll just morph into an AA card (but from Barclays) at some point.

However, what will disappear (once the US & AA programs actually merge) is the ability to apply for this card anew from Barclays. After the prorams actually merge, only the Citi AA cards will be avialable for new applications. The Barclays US->AA cards will only be continued for those who already have them at that point.