FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1539492-expired-barclays-us-airways-cc-offers-expired.html)

rrgg Dec 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by EtoileFilante (Post 23977248)
Enlighten me. How did you do it?!

What do you mean? He closed the card and then called back and was lucky enough to have someone approve the application.

nk15 Dec 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 23977547)
What do you mean? He closed the card and then called back and was lucky enough to have someone approve the application.

I think he meant what did he say to the CSR, since this was so obvious what his intent was...There were no plausible excuses or saving face in this endeavor, it was obvious that he was just doing it for the bonus miles...

waygora Dec 10, 2014 9:24 pm

I got the Arrival Plus on September 26th of this year (First Barclay). How early could I get approved for the US Airways?

brownie20 Dec 10, 2014 9:29 pm

happy to report i was (surprisingly!!) a successful guinea pig! :) instantly approved for the us air card using the preferred link while holding 2 open us air cards (one year old and 8 months old). surprisingly was approved for the same credit limit as my other 2 cards.

in my family we're 2/4 this current round. i've learned that barclays either likes you or doesn't like you. family members who have not been instantly approved for cards in the past (while holding only 1 active barclays card) continued to receive the dreaded "Thanks for your interest. Your application is being reviewed." message

bobert24 Dec 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20 (Post 23977608)
in my family we're 2/4 this current round. i've learned that barclays either likes you or doesn't like you. family members who have not been instantly approved for cards in the past (while holding only 1 active barclays card) continued to receive the dreaded "Thanks for your interest. Your application is being reviewed." message

I really do think that's the key. They like some people, and they don't like others. There's absolutely no logic about who they approve or don't approve, and who they'll give multiple to vs not at all. But if they like you, you can get away with pretty much anything; if they don't like you, good luck getting one, even if you've followed all the rules.

dafeij1 Dec 11, 2014 12:02 am

Originally Posted by nk15 (Post 23977563)
I think he meant what did he say to the CSR, since this was so obvious what his intent was...There were no plausible excuses or saving face in this endeavor, it was obvious that he was just doing it for the bonus miles...

Yes, mostly luck. The first rep told me I couldn't be approved because I already had the same card open. After I closed it the same rep picked up the call, and I requested reconsideration since the account is no longer open. ^

TravelLawyer Dec 11, 2014 6:53 am

Originally Posted by jft3 (Post 23973709)
So I applied 11/15, made two transactions, statement closed, paid my annual fee + those transactions, got my bonus on 12/4, but it's only for 10k miles.:confused:

This is my first Barclaycard and they created a mileage account for me on signup (I used to push the miles over to my United acct when they were Star Alliance).

Here's how it posted:

http://i.imgur.com/VqHrMNU.png

I called them to request the 50k mile promo instead of the 40k mile promo, and they said my account had already automatically flagged to receive the 50k miles, and that the 10k that I'm getting from the first billing cycle is to make up for the 40k miles that will post in the second billing cycle. Hence we'll end up with 50k miles total.

starbuk Dec 11, 2014 8:50 am

If you are denied for the card - will Barclays still pull your credit or does the denial preclude the TU pull? Trying to find a reason to apply even though I received my USAir card about one month ago and the A+ a month before that..

cnn Dec 11, 2014 8:53 am

I asked a rep to withdraw my app and he agreed but I still see it when checking online. Anybody knows more about this (the app was indeed withdrawn)?

SpammersAreScum Dec 11, 2014 10:20 am

One more data point on the possible "6 month" rule: I was approved for the Sallie Mae on Jun 17 and the USAirways on Dec 4 -- so, a little under 6 months. I used the current 50k offer link. Both were instant on-line approvals. I'm pretty sure these are the only Barclay cards I've had.

protagonist Dec 11, 2014 11:43 am

I received both the 40K promo and the 25K promo this last year for the two US Air cards and closed both accounts around August.

According to CreditKarma, my Transunion score is 775, my VantageScore is 897.

However I have 3 recent inquiries, and 6 recently opened credit cards (last 6 months)

I just reapplied for both cards.

Got accepted immediately for the 50K personal card!! Wow, way easier than I thought!

25K business card is "under review"

etilyeti Dec 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Does Barclaycard allow us to apply to both the personal US Air card and the business US Air card on the same day?

jmj8778 Dec 11, 2014 12:34 pm

Recon line says it's closed right (Thursday, 2:30pm). Anybody had success with a different number?

EDIT: 1 hour later the call went through.

etilyeti Dec 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by jmj8778 (Post 23981021)
Recon line says it's closed right (Thursday, 2:30pm). Anybody had success with a different number?

It is working now.
Does anyone know if Barclaycard tolerates that we apply to both an individual and a business card on the same day?

etilyeti Dec 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by etilyeti (Post 23980952)
Does Barclaycard allow us to apply to both the personal US Air card and the business US Air card on the same day?

I got my own answer.
Instant approval to personal card.
I had to call reconsideration line for the business card and was approved after the rep asked me if was ok with lowering the credit limit on another Barclaycard.