Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:07 am

The real issue is my local Target, which according to Visa is a grocery store, but I don't seem to be getting 5%. Even accounting for 1% at Target though, I can't replicate TD's point calculations. The shoddy design of TD's webpage and not getting fraud alerts where I'd expect make me generally skeptical of the behind the scenes at TD.

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
for us experienced MS, this card should only be used in known 5% groceries. Then you can easily tell that you got 5%. Does not include drugstores.. But I did get 5% on my NYSEG bill.. (NYState elec and gas)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:25 am

I just got 5% at Target and for paying my T-Mobile bill. Two or three days after the charges, they will "post" in the transaction history but won't increase the outstanding balance. The next day they will increase the outstanding balance and appear as "Points Available" on your home page. A day or two after that they will finally appear as available points balance for redemption on the rewards website.

Last edited by mrmandel; Oct 21, 2014 at 5:42 am
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:22 pm

TD Bank 5%

They have 3 crummy websites for this CC. 1) a combined page with my CA and CC info. This page has up to date CA info, but the CC info is about 5 days behind. 2) a page for CC site that is also 4 days behind and mirrors #1. 3) a page for the rewards with mostly up to date info on CC purchases from the day before. And previous poster is correct, points just appear as charges are posted. This is the page you order your rewards. BTW, if you pay the CC bill from an outside source (another CA/BB/Serve) it won't post for 6 days, even tho the sending banks stated it cleared 3 days ago. If you pay directly from TD checking acct on the (#1) web page, it posts the next day. So I deposit to TD CA and transfer funds from other banks (takes 2 days to post) and pay from TD CA.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:33 pm

... 3) a page for the rewards with mostly up to date info on CC purchases from the day before...
It is not possible to see list of CC transactions in the reward website and how they are coded, so whether or not that page has up to date info does not help with CC transactions. Though posting of points is almost prompt, except when it is not, you have no way to understand what is going on.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:22 pm

So have people gotten either 5x card from TD by applying online and not having had any accounts with them in the past?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:11 pm

Anybody call in ahead to warn them of large purchase? Does it work similar to citizens/wells fargo? Was looking to slowly ramp up, but recent events have me thinking of shifting strategies.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:16 am

Does TD Bank have any requirement as to how long you have to wait before you can be approved for a credit limit increase?

Also, does anyone know what TD will do if I have a security freeze on Experian (this is the bureau that I see they like to pull).

On 7/11, I applied for the TD bank credit card. However, I was only applied for a small credit limit. I tried to get a credit limit increase immediately after and maybe a week and a half after the original application they denied me for that, too. They pulled my credit just once.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
Does TD Bank have any requirement as to how long you have to wait before you can be approved for a credit limit increase?

Also, does anyone know what TD will do if I have a security freeze on Experian (this is the bureau that I see they like to pull).

On 7/11, I applied for the TD bank credit card. However, I was only applied for a small credit limit. I tried to get a credit limit increase immediately after and maybe a week and a half after the original application they denied me for that, too. They pulled my credit just once.
I got a $5,000 CL. They increased it to $16,900, even though I only asked for $10,000. I had had the card for a month or two when I requested the increase.

If you have a security freeze, they cannot pull your credit report. So...how are they going to check your credit? C'mon now lol
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 am
Suspended

does anyone esp in NJ area knows which CRA they are pulling for initial application and what credit limits are you getting? I know it depends upon lot of factors but to give a data point, I have been approved for WF 5% card with initial credit line of $2K which was bumped to $20K after requesting CLI. I have pretty decent CL with other players.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:57 pm

Following up on an earlier comment, I was successful on making a very large purchase after calling in beforehand to warn them. Fairly quick and painless. I'm also a fairly new member, about a month or less.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
They have 3 crummy websites for this CC. 3) a page for the rewards with mostly up to date info on CC purchases from the day before. .
Could you tell me how to find this page? I like to redeem my cash rewards, but could not find where I can redeem. Thanks!

Last edited by karenfly; Nov 5, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly
Could you tell me how to find this page? I like to redeem my cash rewards, but could not find where I can redeem. Thanks!
You call in to get your rewards. It is painless. I do it like once a week.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
You call in to get your rewards. It is painless. I do it like once a week.
Thanks for the info. Is this reward in check or statement credit?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:28 am

Can one do walmart billpay to pay off this card?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by brn4
Can one do walmart billpay to pay off this card?
No. Nice try, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.