Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:44 pm

For those that manufactured spend on the card, did the bank give you any problems?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:53 pm

Looked interesting - but I could not open an account online as I live in the west coast. However, the person on the phone sounded like she could help me if I wanted to complete the process on the phone.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
Looked interesting - but I could not open an account online as I live in the west coast. However, the person on the phone sounded like she could help me if I wanted to complete the process on the phone.
Not for the credit card. I'm pretty sure you can open a checking account but not a credit card if you're out of their service area.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:05 pm

Did not research deeply, but the site seemed to not allow me to.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
Did not research deeply, but the site seemed to not allow me to.
If you get a checking account, you can get a credit card account. They also let you apply over the phone, though I am not sure if they only let us because we live in the TD footprint.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:54 am

if anyone has some relevant throughput #s for this card please PM me
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by brandon032586
Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I was unable to find the thread.

For the first 6 months after sign up, you get 5% cash back on groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments with the TD Bank Cash Rewards card. The utility bill payments are a big deal for me, since this is the only card that I know of right now that gives 5% on electricity and gas bills. One could buy gift cards and use them to pay your utilities, but that has additional fees in buying the gift card (not to mention that there are much cheaper ways of getting money off of visa/mc gift cards).

In any case, I recently found out that you can churn these cards. I closed my account in January 2013, and re-applied in September 2013, and they gave me the 5% bonus for 6 months again! They said you are considered a new customer after 3 months of closing your CC, so a husband and wife could get the 5% bonus indefinitely by applying and closing accounts.

Note, it is not easy to apply for this card; you either have to have an account with TD Bank or apply in person at a branch. Gotta love the Canadians.

That's great to know. Thanks for sharing. TD is conservative. My wife was approved for only a 3K CL and her increase request was denied, but I was approved for a 10K CL.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 1:19 pm

Is this in USA only?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:29 am

Anyone know who they pull for credit report?

Originally Posted by brandon032586
Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I was unable to find the thread.

For the first 6 months after sign up, you get 5% cash back on groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments with the TD Bank Cash Rewards card. The utility bill payments are a big deal for me, since this is the only card that I know of right now that gives 5% on electricity and gas bills. One could buy gift cards and use them to pay your utilities, but that has additional fees in buying the gift card (not to mention that there are much cheaper ways of getting money off of visa/mc gift cards).

In any case, I recently found out that you can churn these cards. I closed my account in January 2013, and re-applied in September 2013, and they gave me the 5% bonus for 6 months again! They said you are considered a new customer after 3 months of closing your CC, so a husband and wife could get the 5% bonus indefinitely by applying and closing accounts.

Note, it is not easy to apply for this card; you either have to have an account with TD Bank or apply in person at a branch. Gotta love the Canadians.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:35 am

Always EX AFAIK.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:06 pm

How to redeem miles on TD Bank cash rewards card

Does anyone know how to redeem the reward dollars on the TD Bank cash rewards card? I would rather not have to call in unless that's actually necessary. I poked around a lot but I could not find any info on how to redeem.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
How to redeem miles on TD Bank cash rewards card

Have you tried www.tdrewards.com? I was able to redeem travel points on my Platinum Travel. Should be the same for cash rewards.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:05 am

Try easyrewards.tdbank.com
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by seanman571
Have you tried www.tdrewards.com? I was able to redeem travel points on my Platinum Travel. Should be the same for cash rewards.
That site is for Canadian cards. I believe the OP is referring to a US-issued card.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:24 am

As far as I can tell you, you have to call in. It hasn't been a problem. I redeem often, so the rewards cash balance doesn't accumulate too high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.