Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Platinum Jet Blue Mosaic
BB is definitely not a good way to pay this card if you are
looking for prompt posting of your payment.

I learned the hard way.

I used BB to pay TD on 9/10.

According to the pay receipt, the payment will be
delivered to TD on 9/16.

That's a long time.

Best practice for prompt pay is to use the payment feature on the TD website and have them PULL from your account.

Save BB for something else unless payment posting date is not terribly important
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:10 pm

TD

based on experience with BB/serve, you must do the BP feature on Mon or Tues to get to CC by Fri. Some banks (TD/Boa ) will hold payment over the weekend until the following Mon. I paid TD Bank with BB 2x on a Mon PM and it was credited to acct on Thurs. But best is to pay from TD checking. And I never had problem with them holding MO. Usually funds are available in 2 business days, which is standard.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by barrytuneup
based on experience with BB/serve, you must do the BP feature on Mon or Tues to get to CC by Fri. Some banks (TD/Boa ) will hold payment over the weekend until the following Mon. I paid TD Bank with BB 2x on a Mon PM and it was credited to acct on Thurs. But best is to pay from TD checking. And I never had problem with them holding MO. Usually funds are available in 2 business days, which is standard.
Not standard for my bank, as when I make a MO deposit the funds are available immediately. However, I do not poop where I eat and keep MS and MO banks completely seperate.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:31 pm

For those that have this card, how do they treat WalMart purchases? Do they pay 5% if the WalMart has a Grocery Store MCC Code?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by TDSAXX
For those that have this card, how do they treat WalMart purchases? Do they pay 5% if the WalMart has a Grocery Store MCC Code?
I don't think that they will pay the 5%. I think I remember people reporting such experience.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Not sure on this card, but when I had the 5x TYP card my WM coded as grocery, but I did not receive 5x pts for the purchases.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:45 pm

TD 5%

this card codes differently then Disc or Chase freedom. An actual gas station paid at pump codes as "automated fuel dispenser" while my 7/11 that coded Disc and Freedom as gas, TD codes as service station. So I will not call, but no way to find out which gets 5% back. I assume not 7/11. can not find any info on web site as to coding. I just check all my purchases (all grocery) and I am getting 5%. 7/11 has not yet showed up.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:14 pm

Just got this card, and looking to use it for some large supermarket purchases. Any datapoints anybody willing to share on how kindly this card reacts to 1K+ purchases very early on, and 1-5K purchases after the first couple of weeks? I do have a checking account with them I'll be using for payments, so I'm not too concerned from that end.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
this card codes differently then Disc or Chase freedom. An actual gas station paid at pump codes as "automated fuel dispenser" while my 7/11 that coded Disc and Freedom as gas, TD codes as service station. So I will not call, but no way to find out which gets 5% back. I assume not 7/11. can not find any info on web site as to coding. I just check all my purchases (all grocery) and I am getting 5%. 7/11 has not yet showed up.
How do you even see how TD codes transactions? I cannot see it anywhere in their online banking.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:07 pm

Just some data for others, my first purchase was ~$550 at supermarket, and no problems.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Just some data for others, my first purchase was ~$550 at supermarket, and no problems.
I worked my way up, $500, then $1000, then $1500 in the first month. After that I only did $2000 transactions and didn't have a problem till my last month. They held one of my payments for 8 business days and I couldn't use the card even though the payment was from Td checking and 1/3 of my CL with balance at $0. After that cleared I got a fraud alert on my second $2000 charge and I was busy at work and frustrated so I just paid off the card and cancelled it a month later.

Next time around I will make up for the last month
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:45 am

Anyone else totally baffled by these rewards? The amount listed on my statement is far less than I anticipated. The fact that they don't itemize your points earnings like Chase does is frustrating. Further, the Easy Rewards site seems to post new points when the purchase clears, not at statement close. Nor does it post your earning history. In short, I have no idea if I'm getting 5x where I thought I was.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Thesaurus
Anyone else totally baffled by these rewards? The amount listed on my statement is far less than I anticipated. The fact that they don't itemize your points earnings like Chase does is frustrating. Further, the Easy Rewards site seems to post new points when the purchase clears, not at statement close. Nor does it post your earning history. In short, I have no idea if I'm getting 5x where I thought I was.
I had the same problem as I used my card for gas, dining, and utilities in addition to MS and some would credit at 5% and some wouldn't. The first two months I was only short $3.58 total out of nearly $750 earned so I didn't bother trying to figure it out each month. As long as my large grocery store purchases credited I was happy.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:46 pm

td

for us experienced MS, this card should only be used in known 5% groceries. Then you can easily tell that you got 5%. Does not include drugstores.. But I did get 5% on my NYSEG bill.. (NYState elec and gas)
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:42 am

It is more than a month I met spending requirements and still no sign of sign up bonus... TD seems to be pretty quick with posting cashback/reward points, isn't it so with sign up bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.