Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Anyone else's card been put on "referred status?" This essentially means that it's under review by some department and can't be used until it's been cleared. This has happened to me a few times before but up until now it has only been a couple of days that it's under review -- it has now been 5 days and I'm still getting the runaround from them that they're not sure when this will be resolved and that I'll get a call when it is. So that's weird.

However, an even more curious thing they mentioned is that they recently put a lot of accounts under an extended review -- is this happening to anyone else? Are they catching on?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by ramalama8
Anyone else's card been put on "referred status?" This essentially means that it's under review by some department and can't be used until it's been cleared. This has happened to me a few times before but up until now it has only been a couple of days that it's under review -- it has now been 5 days and I'm still getting the runaround from them that they're not sure when this will be resolved and that I'll get a call when it is. So that's weird.

However, an even more curious thing they mentioned is that they recently put a lot of accounts under an extended review -- is this happening to anyone else? Are they catching on?
Based on previous experiences, I suspect that it's less based on high volume of spend, and more based on related activities (lots of bill pays).

I had been previously signing on through their checking account site, and not the creditcard site, and I was not getting as much detailed info. Now that I am, I noticed I did not get 5% for a recent purchase (I got 4.6%). Another person told me they aren't getting 5% either for large purchases. Is everybody checking this carefully? I will be looking more closely to try and establish a pattern, or what is going on.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Based on previous experiences, I suspect that it's less based on high volume of spend, and more based on related activities (lots of bill pays).
That's a good thought but I actually don't do any bill pay to this card. So that's probably not it.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:07 am
XP1

When did you sign up? What's your credit line? How much do you spend?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:58 pm

anybody here tried multiple (2 or 3) ~1000 target loads back to back? Any fraud issues?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:25 pm

anybody here tried multiple (2 or 3) ~1000 target loads back to back? Any fraud issues?
Don't do it. TD edits the 5x bonus rewards from Target even though Visa says it's a grocery store / supermarket. Or do it and get 1x.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:28 pm
XP1

Target grocery and Walmart grocery are 1%.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:55 am

thanks... that is what I'm now seeing too. I guess the decision to switch to redcard is not so automatic anymore.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:34 pm

My account is under some sort of status. Should I call in or just wait?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:10 pm

My card is STILL under review -- what for? No idea. I can't get anyone to tell me anything and it's been over 10 days. I guess I'm now playing the waiting game -- serves me right for having my kids play it so much
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:27 pm

My card is STILL under review -- what for? No idea. I can't get anyone to tell me anything and it's been over 10 days. I guess I'm now playing the waiting game -- serves me right for having my kids play it so much
Can you still access the online account? I assume you can't make any new charges to the card. How do you know you are under review? Denied purchase?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:51 am

My account was frozen because of an external payment. They said it takes 8 days for the payment to "clear." They said I can come into a branch to verify the source of the payment to remove the hold immediately. Does anyone have any experience with this? What kind of proof do they need? Also, is this routine? Do you think these holds are initiate by humans or some kind of automated risk algorithm?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
When did you sign up? What's your credit line? How much do you spend?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by hokiegl
My account was frozen because of an external payment. They said it takes 8 days for the payment to "clear." They said I can come into a branch to verify the source of the payment to remove the hold immediately. Does anyone have any experience with this? What kind of proof do they need? Also, is this routine? Do you think these holds are initiate by humans or some kind of automated risk algorithm?
I'm in my two second month with the card, and, yes, these holds have occurred frequently. Early on, at least, TD doesn't like it when you make purchases on the day your payment clears (even when making payment by executing a transfer from a TD checking account) and your CL is restored. These holds have been put on my account four times. Two of the four times that I've visited a branch and had a CSR call, the hold on my account was removed; the other two times it took longer. Either way, it's always a circus. We're told many different things by many different TD CC folks, often during the same phone call.

I had a payment post today, and my CL was restored. But I'm waiting until tomorrow to go grocery shopping to see if giving it an extra day helps.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:55 am

I have the TD Cash Rewards card, not the Easy Rewards. Does anyone know how to redeem the rewards without calling in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.