Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:41 pm

My account has been restricted and "under review". Is it better to close it to avoid "closed by lender" record?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:50 pm

folks, given this card is churnable, it would be helpful if people posted more info on what got them under review. I know I'm interested in trying again at the minor league level. Anybody doing under 5 digits a month that got rejected?

To answer groundhog's question, I don't know, but if I was looking to do further business with them I don't think I'd close it on my own.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
folks, given this card is churnable, it would be helpful if people posted more info on what got them under review. I know I'm interested in trying again at the minor league level. Anybody doing under 5 digits a month that got rejected?

To answer groundhog's question, I don't know, but if I was looking to do further business with them I don't think I'd close it on my own.
I had $12k last month.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:21 am

I was only putting about 6k a month with a low CL of 3k.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
My family just got card, and tried to spend $500 in grocery store and was rejected. We were told that the card were under review. Unbelievable. The card is junk now.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:35 pm

Less than $3k spent in first month with multiple transactions.

Second month, single $3.5k purchase declined. Under review and card locked for weeks, still unresolved.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly
My family just got card, and tried to spend $500 in grocery store and was rejected. We were told that the card were under review. Unbelievable. The card is junk now.
Sure seems that TD is crossing well over the false advertising line with these tactics. I get that they are protecting their own interests from MS carnage but they ought to just be closing accounts if they are going to cripple the card after first large purchase.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:49 pm

Still cannot charge groceries

I have tried all sort of things and only non-5% merchants go through. All 5% places get declined. Ohh well...
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:09 am

I swear this is the dumbest company. They put my account on hold because my "payment is under review", but I am allowed to credit the cash back to my account and have them send me a check for the balance.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by digitalpop
Interesting choice. You were locked and "under review" for weeks also, right? Was it the end of your 6-month promotional period?

Did they make any attempt at keeping you? Apologies or explanations of the account hold, retention offer, anything?
Nope, I was in about week 4 and had already spent roughly $30k I believe. They were sorry to see me leave and wanted my business in the future.

On a separate but somewhat related note, I know TD Bank and their credit cards, are different, but I had a weird issue with TD Bank yesterday. I deposited a few money orders in the ATM on Monday and bill payed some cards because the funds had cleared. Got a call yesterday telling me the MOs were being returned because the person sending the money order had not written their name. Seriously? I was furious. I told him I do this all the time with many banks and after putting me on hold for 10 minutes, said he would make a one time exception because he sees I've done it before. Yea, closed my account yesterday after work. I'm done with TD.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:53 am

I redeemed my points on 03/08. Rewards portal shows status:
03/08/15 requested
03/09/15 processing
03/11/15 shipped
However, I have not received a statement credit yet.
My card is "under review" and probably will be suspended. Does it mean I will not get my rewards.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by groundhog
03/08/15 requested
03/09/15 processing
03/11/15 shipped
My card is "under review" and probably will be suspended. Does it mean I will not get my rewards.
It seems the two systems are separate. I think you'll get them so don't worry. I requested my last rewards when my account was suspended via direct deposit to another bank account so it wouldn't (hopefully) be seen by TD and it went through in a couple days.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
What kind of spend are ppl doing on closed/suspended accounts? I wonder if it has to do with spend velocity or a certain spend level.

I have low credit line, but spent about $45k over the course of the 6 months, under review just once for payment, but cleared up after in branch review. No other issues, always got my bonuses.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
03/08/15 requested
03/09/15 processing
03/11/15 shipped
I did ACH and it took 5 days to deposit. Min I got under review I dumped all my points.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:14 pm

charged 2K (with 15K limit) in 3 days after received the card and was put under review and that was a month ago. Called in right away at the time and was told to wait for the review to end and someone would call me. Today my second phone bill is due so I called and complained loudly and was told to hold for two minutes on the phone while they took the hold on my card off. Finally I should be able to buy groceries again. So maybe they have a mandatory cooling off of 30 days?

Last edited by yoyo; Mar 12, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.