Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Shutdown as well.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:44 am

How do you know your card was closed? Did you receive a letter in the mail? My statement closed and the award dollars was automatically redeemed so I am wondering if my account has been closed. I have been traveling the past 2 weeks so haven't used the card.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Yes, that is usually the trigger that you are shutdown. I did a $1 GC purchase on Amazon and it got denied, reason on TD site says Account Closed.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Yes, that is usually the trigger that you are shutdown. I did a $1 GC purchase on Amazon and it got denied, reason on TD site says Account Closed.
Same here. I tried to use it and the reason for the denial says "account closed"
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I'm confused what you thought was going to happen. They were going to apologize for blocking your card, increase your credit line, and say "have a nice trip to the supermarket" and wink at you?

You can cancel your card at any point, and they can cancel your card at any point. The time to file a complaint is when they are holding your money hostage for an unreasonable period of time. You never know what opportunity will come next, so burning bridges like this seems foolish, and certainly makes all of us look bad.
I closed the account before I filed the complaint. They've held my credit balance hostage for nearly two months.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:02 am

I appear to have been shutdown too. I had rewards redeemed, but there is also a clearer message when you go to the credit card signon page. I hope they don't shut down my checking account too... always good to have a place to dump money orders.

It appears that the restriction was probably a temporary step while they worked out how to shut us down. In retrospect, closing the account at that point was probably the right move. They shut me down despite no activity and my 6 months being over.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:38 pm

I have a negative balance due to rewards. Called the number as it said on the webpage, and she said that I had to wait until I got the letter in the mail before calling, so that I could call to get the account reopened. I have no idea what she's talking about.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I have a negative balance due to rewards. Called the number as it said on the webpage, and she said that I had to wait until I got the letter in the mail before calling, so that I could call to get the account reopened. I have no idea what she's talking about.
It is safe to say she had no idea what she was talking about, either.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:38 am

FTF on this card?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by slinson
FTF on this card?
Yes, 3% foreign transaction fee unfortunately.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
how is a unilateral shutdown reported to the credit bureaus? does it negatively impact it?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by explorer84
how is a unilateral shutdown reported to the credit bureaus? does it negatively impact it?
doesn't affect your credit score, but its in the notes for any human who looks at your report. See shutdown on Amex Old Blue forum for more details.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Ralf83
doesn't affect your credit score, but its in the notes for any human who looks at your report. See shutdown on Amex Old Blue forum for more details.
Right, and an occasional one won't really matter, a lender might shut the card because it wasn't being used enough, or some similar benign reason. Of more concern is what it does with your relationship to the issuer, some people had all their Amex cards shut down following the OBC closure. The nice thing about a TD shutdown is that you probably don't care about the relationship anyway!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by silver6054
Right, and an occasional one won't really matter, a lender might shut the card because it wasn't being used enough, or some similar benign reason. Of more concern is what it does with your relationship to the issuer, some people had all their Amex cards shut down following the OBC closure. The nice thing about a TD shutdown is that you probably don't care about the relationship anyway!
Hell no, I think I might apply for the 5% points card instead of the 5% cash back. Maybe I'll ease in a little more slowly this time. Anyways, I heard this card's bonus is churnable if you reapply in a while.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:45 am

Did anyone see the notice on their last statement saying that 5%/1% will not be earned for the following purchases, prepaid cards and other products?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.