Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

TD Bank [USA] Cash Rewards [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zeppoloveskafka
Was given number 1-877-745-5040 as direct number for claiming rewards.

But easier to do at https://easyrewards.tdbank.com/ and statement credits post very quickly.

Target and Walmart seem to be posting at 1%, even when they are supposed to code grocery.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:39 am

Who would the middleman be? I have talked to customer service and been transferred to security. Asked to answer typical id verification questions. The second time I called, after holding for a time, customer service said there was a merchant block and it came from security, not them. As I had been holding up the line for quite a while I could not pursue it further at the time.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
I think you are misunderstanding the situation. You need to talk to TD bank about the purchases. I believe they have a middleman that is blocking you. This situation is resolvable. Of course with the way things are going lately, I'd be careful.
It is NOT resolvable. TD IS the middle man. They are putting a specific block in place to keep us from doing what we do. This card is garbage to me now. The 5% back in the other categories it offers is good, but I would not have got this card just for that.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:32 am

After being put "under review", has anyone been able to get their account unblocked? Read many posts stating that they've been blocked for weeks but I don't think I've read of anyone getting their account unblocked after being put under review.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by brn4
After being put "under review", has anyone been able to get their account unblocked? Read many posts stating that they've been blocked for weeks but I don't think I've read of anyone getting their account unblocked after being put under review.
Not me. I believe ramalama8 is the earliest to have reported going under review as of Jan 29. So in theory, he would be the first to get unblocked.

I'm slightly behind him, having been placed under review 2 weeks after.

I also have not heard any reports of "under review" being unblocked.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Called and cancelled my card. End my review.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by brn4
Originally Posted by digitalpop
Not me. I believe ramalama8 is the earliest to have reported going under review as of Jan 29. So in theory, he would be the first to get unblocked.

I'm slightly behind him, having been placed under review 2 weeks after.

I also have not heard any reports of "under review" being unblocked.
Correct, and no, I'm still blocked. Not sure there's much I can do - maybe file a CFPB complaint but not exactly sure what my complaint would say... "they won't let me use my account" - not sure if that's a valid complaint or not
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
It is NOT resolvable. TD IS the middle man. They are putting a specific block in place to keep us from doing what we do. This card is garbage to me now. The 5% back in the other categories it offers is good, but I would not have got this card just for that.
Your situation is not the same as the person that posted this. He's just getting started with the card and it's not locked. I had that happen I think with my wells fargo card. I forget how I got the right number... they might have connected me to it.

By the way it's a good thing there is a "middleman". It creates a wall between us and the bank. They don't generally care about anything other than security (i.e. they don't care about 5000x5%). Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing.

Again it's possible that TD recently changed the way they handled things, but this problem might not be fatal.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:21 pm

CFPB complaint should be focused on TD's false advertising. They offer a bonus promo for 6 months, gain customers as a result, then they disable the ability of customers to take advantage of the promo.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:07 pm

Last edited by superking; Mar 5, 2015 at 12:24 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, DL, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Club C. Gold, Marriott Silver
My card was on watch after trying to make a large grocery purchase. I thought it freed up, since I was able to use my points for a statement credit. Then, I tested it by buying an $8 lunch at Whole Foods and it is under watch again. Maybe it was just a grocery category hold. I was told over 2 weeks ago that my acct. was under review and that someone would call me within 24-48 hrs or more. No word yet.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:03 pm

Got the card a couple of months ago. Started upping my MS and at the same time I began doing ACH pulls from TD's website from by primary bank. Like other posters I got a 12 day hold on my account, couldnt use the card at all until the "payment cleared." After a few more days of MS I got declined at a local grocery store. They started declining merchant categories (according to the rep, she wouldn't give me any other info) and I also saw "Response Reason: REAL TIME SCORE" on their website. Will try WM tomorrow.

Also is there anywhere in the T&C that says no gift cards or cash equivalents? I couldnt see it on what they sent me.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Ralf83
Got the card a couple of months ago. Started upping my MS and at the same time I began doing ACH pulls from TD's website from by primary bank. Like other posters I got a 12 day hold on my account, couldnt use the card at all until the "payment cleared." After a few more days of MS I got declined at a local grocery store. They started declining merchant categories (according to the rep, she wouldn't give me any other info) and I also saw "Response Reason: REAL TIME SCORE" on their website. Will try WM tomorrow.

Also is there anywhere in the T&C that says no gift cards or cash equivalents? I couldnt see it on what they sent me.
Eligible purchases for earning rewards do not include purchases of any cash equivalents, money orders, and/or gift cards or reloading of gift cards.

http://www.tdbank.com/personal/credit-cards.html
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:28 am

Has anyone had a dollar limit placed on their TD card?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:51 pm

Just got this message when I logged into TD card services: Due to the status of your account, access to TD Card Services has been restricted. Please contact us immediately at 888-561-8861 to resolve this.

My last transaction from Wallyland was declined do to "Caution Account"

Last edited by Ralf83; Mar 8, 2015 at 10:11 am
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:50 pm

Not the first; won't be the last.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.