Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:06 pm

I was able to get the Frontier and USAir Barclays cards a few weeks ago, but it was my first AOR so I didn't have many inquiries.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: AmEX Platinum, HYATT - Diamond, SPG - Gold, HILTON - Gold, IHG - Platinum,
I applied and was instantly approved for US Air , Priceline Visa and Salliemae in January minutes apart.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Two Barclays cards AOR?

just wait a couple months then give it a shot
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I was able to get Barclays USAir in Feb about a month after 2 Citi cards, then approved for Frontier but denied for Priceline in March.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:45 pm
BCF

Programs: AA, US, WN, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kat007
Never had Barclays card and wondering if applying for two at the same time is a good idea. My choice is NFL and US Air. Any thoughts? Also, I just had my first mini AOR (2 Citi and AmEx) less than a month ago, should I wait? No TU pulls within past 2 years.
I did that last night. First NFL got approved, then applied for my second US card and got pending for review. The scary part is that the 40k bonus for NFL is not showing in the rewards details!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Wife applied 2 weeks ago. 1st app was USAir and instantly approved. 2nd app was NFL and had to call in. Approved on phone for NFL. Called back because USAir was not showing on her barclay acct. They claim they cannot find application in their system and wanted to pull her credit again for card after supervisor said they did not have too. Transferred to 6 different people and had to re-explain sitiation every time, but no USAir card for her. FU Barclay...She has had the Frontier card since 2006, they really care about longtime cardholders. yeah right
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by panamafever
Good point, except that there was no offer page for the platinum. People said it was 50k but I really don't trust those situations, so I went for the "sure" 30k. Anyone have any experience calling Citi reconsideration line? Any suggestions for me? It'd be really nice to have both cards, since the only reason I spend $89 on the US Airways card was because I wanted a critical mass of AA miles....

Thanks!
My partner just the Citi AA Sig Visa and got the 50K bounse miles, I used the link from View from the Wing the landing page doesn't talk about the bouns but once he was approved, I called Citi and was informed he got the 50K after 3K spent, free one page check for 4 people, 2 lounge pass's and $150 statement credit. Once the Refi on our house is done, I have a nice App-O-Rama sent up, and since we are remodeling the house should make the mim spends with no problem and more.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PainCorp
You don't want to cancel as soon as you get the bonus, that's a bad idea. Sometimes there will be bonuses like the US Air one that's going around when people don't use the card for a few months, or switching to paperless statements.

If you cancel at the end of the year I would keep the US Air until AA merger is complete for the easy 10k miles, and the CSP as an every day spend card.
The US card is an easy one to churn, there have been many post that people have been able to apply for multi cards while still having one. I also read there are some people who have churnned this card 3 or 4 times a year and still get the bouns. If this is true, it is an easy way to get 120K miles and once the merger is over wtih and it gets transfered to AA account, it is a nice boost.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TotalNoob
Wow, just read the whole thread - was wondering if some of the pros on here would comment on my upcoming AOR.

Background - 750 on Credit Sesame, 780 on Credit Karma. Have a legit business that's still starting out with $20K of sales, but primary income is fairly respectable. Oldest credit line is ~10 years. Open accounts and date of opening are below:

Citi AA Biz Card (applied 12/27, took forever to get paperwork done - 2/1/2013)
B of A Hawaiian Airlines Card 12/27/2012
B of A Hawaiian Airlines Card 12/27/2012
United Explorer Mileage Plus 12/27/2012
AMEX Hilton 11/28/2012
Citi AA Visa 10/1/2012
Citi AA AMEX 10/1/2012
Southwest Personal 10/1/2012
Southwest Business 10/1/2012
US AIR Mastercard 10/1/2012
AMEX PRG Biz (upgraded to plat a week ago) 10/1/2012
AMEX PRG Personal (preapproved for plat upgrade but not gonna do it) 11/11/2011
Sapphire Preferred 8/1/2012
Cap One 1/1/2012
Fidelity Investment Rewards 8/1/2012

I guess more so than looking at what cards to get, I'm curious to hear people's opinions on if I should space my apps out a little bit more and wait another three months (for everything but the Citi Hilton, which I need for trips ASAP) - clearly I've been hitting it hard in the past two churns and don't want to get blackballed from any issuer.

Thanks.
On your credit scores from Karma and Seasme, I did this and when I applied for my refi, my true credit scores were a good 30 points lower than what Karma and Seasme was showing, My mid score is still in the 700's, just want you to know this, basically what these services do is, look at your credit and they "figure" what you credit scores should be, and we all know that the credit reorting agency's have a funny way of figuering things out. So do not settle for that Karma and Seasme say as the true scores.

Chase will only you to have 4 or 5 cards at one time I see you have 4 chase cards now, so just prepared to either close an account with them. Since your last churrn was in Dec, and you have a lot of cards, there is a good change of getting turned down.. High credit scores doesn't mean instant approval.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:40 am

Did mine several weeks ago. Never had Barclays and No TU hits in two years but have about 8 on Ex/Eq in 6 months. NFL card approved instantly but there was no trace of the 40K USAir card so I went ahead with the 35K USAir one and was approved two weeks later. I checked just now and saw now the 40K USAir card finally showing and was denied due to the promotion being expired. Two hits on TU even though they were on the same day from Barclay.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
On your credit scores from Karma and Seasme, I did this and when I applied for my refi, my true credit scores were a good 30 points lower than what Karma and Seasme was showing, My mid score is still in the 700's, just want you to know this, basically what these services do is, look at your credit and they "figure" what you credit scores should be, and we all know that the credit reorting agency's have a funny way of figuering things out. So do not settle for that Karma and Seasme say as the true scores.

Chase will only you to have 4 or 5 cards at one time I see you have 4 chase cards now, so just prepared to either close an account with them. Since your last churrn was in Dec, and you have a lot of cards, there is a good change of getting turned down.. High credit scores doesn't mean instant approval.
Thanks for the feedback; it's truly appreciated.

Was aware that my score is a bit lower than reported on those sites as a I got a 736 TU score from Barclays in October when I was approved for the US Air card.

Sounds to me like you're saying cool it a bit and just get the Hilton card, huh?

No problem holding off on the Ink Bold because I couldn't care less if I don't get it until the $10K spend is back, but would really love to get the SPG for the transfers to AA and US Air..........wanna do US Air to AUS in 2014 and an AA Explorer trip in 2015........

You think Hilton and SPG is pushing it? Definitely don't want to get denied (never have been up to this point, knock on wood).
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The US card is an easy one to churn, there have been many post that people have been able to apply for multi cards while still having one. I also read there are some people who have churnned this card 3 or 4 times a year and still get the bouns. If this is true, it is an easy way to get 120K miles and once the merger is over wtih and it gets transfered to AA account, it is a nice boost.
Wow - i will keep this card and see in a few months if it can be churned. Thank you.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:59 pm

On 2/18 I applied for the US Air card and was approved immediately. I then applied for the Frontier card and got the pending review. I decided not to call and I Froze my Transunion and Experian. 10 days later I got an email saying I was approved for the second card. I didn't freeze Equifax because I have almost no inquiries on it.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:47 pm

Arrow App-O-Rama help. End of April.

My credit is around 750. The last cards I applied for successfully were January 14. The last credit card I got denied for was January 16 (tried for Explorer card but had recently got approved for 3 cards the week before). I'm targeting the end of April for my next AOR. I'm really only familiar with Chase system as you can see from the many cards I have with them.

Cards I have:

Chase Sapphire
Chase Freedom
Chayse Hyatt
Chase Slate (had for balance xfer but will proably cancel).
Chase Ink Business
Amex Gold SGP
Amex Plat
Wells Fargo card (had over 10 years, keep open to increase average card age).
Bank of America (have had 3 years, keeping open for same reason as Wells Fargo).

I want to apply for 3 new cards, maybe 4 if I can somehow get another Chase card by canceling the useless Slate. My travel plans for this year and the early part of 2014 will include Hong Kong, Australia, Spain and maybe Ukraine. I'm thinking of the following cards and would like advice of better options if there are any:

US Bank Club Carlson 85k signup bonus
US Airways MasterCard 30-40k signup bonus
Virgin Atlantic Bank of America 65k signup bonus
Chase United Explorer 50k (if i can find a link for it and if i can get accepted from chase).
If i get denied on chase I might go with a Citi card, although I'm not sure which one yet. I had the Citi AAdvantage card in dec 2011 and it hasn't been about 18 months yet, so I was going to wait til about July to apply for that.
Also looking at the Starwood hotel card but the signup doesn't seem great currently.

I have most of my points in Ultimate Rewards and value them the highest. They're actually running low now. I have a lot in Amex (pretty new to their system, so haven't used any yet). I value American Airlines very high as they are partners with Cathay which makes a great value trip to Asia. I'm not too familar with the US Bank and Airways point system, so I'll have to do more research if those will benefit my travel plans. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: SPG,United,Delta,AA,Marriott Silver
App-O-Rama help. End of April.

You still get 25000 from Starwood only thing you need to do is search for the link and apply for the card after removing the cookie from the browser. You will see the offer after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.