Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:07 am

Does anyone know if this "annual free night cert" (after $10K spending) is only once in the life of the account or it is repetitive each year as long as you satisfy the $10K spending (be it calendar year or not)?

I got mine last year and called in today to find out. I was told by a representative (she went over to check with her supervisor) that it is only once in the life of the account.

Anyone has got their second "annual free night cert"? Thanks!

Last edited by CG BDL; Aug 22, 2016 at 11:28 am
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by CG BDL
Is this "annual free night cert" (after $10K spending) only once in the life of the account or is it repetitive each year as long as you satisfy the $10K spending (be it calendar year or not)?
You can earn a new cert each year.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by CG BDL
Does anyone know if this "annual free night cert" (after $10K spending) is only once in the life of the account or it is repetitive each year as long as you satisfy the $10K spending (be it calendar year or not)?

I got mine last year and called in today to find out. I was told by a representative (she went over to check with her supervisor) that it is only once in the life of the account.

Anyone has got their second "annual free night cert"? Thanks!
Keep in mind that the free night cert after spending $10k/year is only good at US Carlson properties, you cannot use it overseas.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Northwest, United
How cooperative are these guys with application approvals for the business card? I currently have the personal card (have for a couple years, haven't been using it much for the past year after they whacked the free night on all award stays). I was thinking of picking up the business version of the card, too. Wife had the personal card but dumped it last year after the major program downgrade, now we're thinking of getting her the business card.

Basically looking for data points and a sense of how easy/hard they are about getting the business version of the card for those who have/had the personal card...any decent intervals one needs to wait? It has been well over 2 years since I opened my personal card (still open though sock-drawered for at least 6 months until recently). Wife's probably opened around the same time, closed maybe 6 months ago.

Good credit scores/income/etc. and still have the baby CRAs frozen from last time.

Thanks for any insights.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:46 pm

You are incorrect here.
Club Carlson language:
"One Club CarlsonSM Visa® Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate (“E-Cert”) is available per Account if you charged US $10,000 or more in Net Purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) on the Account during the 12-month statement cycle period immediately prior to the annual anniversary of your Account opening date."

This comports with my direct experience. My 10K spend crossed a calendar year and I was awarded the free night 60 days after my anniversary, mid calendar year.

It is anniversary year, and not calendar year.

Originally Posted by Happy
The free night is based on $10K spend in a CALENDAR YEAR. It is by NO means an anniversary night. Hope you understand that. There is NO TIMING on this. Actually the timing should be, the $10K needs to be met BEFORE the December statement date to be on the safe side. Then the free night would take a minimum of 2 months, if not 3 months, to show up.

Again, it is NOT an anniversary night like other hotel cards - as you may be thinking it as a Hyatt, Marriott or IHG. It does NOT work the same way!

Assume you also know that the Club Carlson free night after spending $10K, is only good for US properties which really DONT mean much as most their US presence is the Motel type and the very low quality Radisson brand, not to be confused with Radisson Blu brand which has only one property in US - the Aqua in Chicago. The other hotel people deem good value to redeem this cert is the Martinique at NYC if that hotel remains in the family, that is.

You may want to check the Club Carlson "Search by Map" function to see if the US properties would fit your travel need before you decide should you want this card.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
...looking for data points and a sense of how easy/hard they are about getting the business version of the card for those who have/had the personal card...any decent intervals one needs to wait?
In the past I had the personal card; with that card still open I applied for and was approved for the business card.

Can't recall exactly, but I believe I was approved for the business card about 6 months after having been approved for the personal card.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by muji
In the past I had the personal card; with that card still open I applied for and was approved for the business card.

Can't recall exactly, but I believe I was approved for the business card about 6 months after having been approved for the personal card.
Great - exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Many thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:58 pm

Did you connect both cards to the same Carlson account?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Did you connect both cards to the same Carlson account?
Yes, I did.
I input my Club Carlson number on both applications.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:38 pm

Yes, I did.
I input my Club Carlson number on both applications.
Thanks, I didn't know if they allowed 2 cards connected to the same account. I already have the Biz card, but I wouldn't mind another 85k points.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:48 am
Suspended

What a ...... bank. One of my Radisson stays was only reimbursed for 5x points instead of 10x. I've tried to call them 3x since last summer to get this fix. They have to transfer the request to their points dept and reply in mail 6 weeks later. They're still not fixing this. Is there any other avenue to pursue this to be taken seriously? I have no problem blowing this up on twitter or facebook.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by 9Benua
What a ...... bank. One of my Radisson stays was only reimbursed for 5x points instead of 10x. I've tried to call them 3x since last summer to get this fix. They have to transfer the request to their points dept and reply in mail 6 weeks later. They're still not fixing this. Is there any other avenue to pursue this to be taken seriously? I have no problem blowing this up on twitter or facebook.
I would call the hotel directly and speak to accounting department to see if it was billed correctly. If it was not, I would seek good faith points from them.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:33 am

25 free nights, $7k+ value achieved, mostly from back in the good old vanilla days at CVS. But absent the last night free benefit, this just doesn't seem to be worth it. Still have 200k CC points sitting there.

Not sure what to do. Thinking about canceling. Someone tell me why not? Reminiscing about the good times had, but realistically it was the little rug rat coming along & slowing us Down. Favorite redemption- we'd go to NYC Radison Martinique twice a year. I'd randomly pick dates due to difficulty of that award at times. We're heading over and I realize U2 is playing at Madison Square Garden. Grab tickets and walk over. Fantastic experience. Dinner atop the Marriot, Wicked, Hamilton, Book of Mormon, I could go on and on...

Thanks CC/US Bank.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
just used my last 2nd night free

I just used my last 2nd night free reservation that I booked 18 months ago. End of the era for me. Does anyone else still have a 2-for-1 stay still to come?
This was a pretty decent value: 28000 points for 2 nights worth a bit over $300 total.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by flyernick
I just used my last 2nd night free reservation that I booked 18 months ago. End of the era for me. Does anyone else still have a 2-for-1 stay still to come?
This was a pretty decent value: 28000 points for 2 nights worth a bit over $300 total.
Still have one for Madrid Prado at 50K/night....but will most likley not make it.

Called hotel to try to move it to next summer, but system will not permit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.