Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
@Happy: I generally consider you an expert on anything you post. But I'm confused about this point. Both you and GoGreen seem to be quite confident that you can get the business card, and it's sign up bonus, while having a personal card open. But both the application for the bus card, and the wiki here, have this language:

""Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Have they changed this lately without you being aware of it, do they not actually enforce this, or....?
This silence is deafening....
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Same kind of question!

Got personal + business 8/2013.
Cancelled both 8/2014

Want to get both now.
Wiki warning:

"Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this
Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

As soon as I get (1) am up against wiki warning, right??
Trick to getting both? Simultaneously, as in, within few minutes? Or?
Thanks in advance. Novice needs expert advice!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:18 pm

Hi RobertHanson, sorry for the delay, I was out of the country and had a hard time responding from my phone. RobertHanson (the person) and RobertHanson (the business) are two different entities. Therefore if one of these entities has (or had) the cc, it has no impact on whether the other entity can have a cc for itself.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:59 pm

can someone tell me how easy/difficult is it to get the biz version of this card? It would be a keeper for me @ 60 AF.

Last edited by runb4fun; Feb 27, 2016 at 6:47 pm
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
Got personal + business 8/2013.
Cancelled both 8/2014
So you did get both the personal and the business cards, and the sign up bonus for each of them? That's more important to me than what the app and wiki say.

I see you got both of them the same month. Did you apply for both the same day, or days/weeks apart?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
Hi RobertHanson, sorry for the delay, I was out of the country and had a hard time responding from my phone. RobertHanson (the person) and RobertHanson (the business) are two different entities. Therefore if one of these entities has (or had) the cc, it has no impact on whether the other entity can have a cc for itself.
Whoohoo 85K + more points. Meaning a night in a top property plus 15K extra points, for only $60. I'll take that deal as often as they will give it to me.

Thanks so much for clearing this up for me. ^
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you did get both the personal and the business cards, and the sign up bonus for each of them? That's more important to me than what the app and wiki say.

I see you got both of them the same month. Did you apply for both the same day, or days/weeks apart?
Whoohoo 85K + more points. Meaning a night in a top property plus 15K extra points, for only $60. I'll take that deal as often as they will give it to me.

Thanks so much for clearing this up for me. ^
I dont know when the Wiki is created with those languages.

There are people I know have gotten both personal and business cards in 2013/2014 period and received bonuses on both cards. Again, you would have 2 Club Carlson accounts - one associated with each card.

Before you get so elated, US Bank/Club Carlson are very frustrating to deal with.

Read my complaint on the annual 40K posting issue we currently have.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26256577-post120.html
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Happy
No. US Bank will tell you the anniversary bonus is your retention. Else you are more than welcome to cancel your card.
It looks like a retention offer is not happening for me with this card. I signed up a few weeks before the devalue was announced, and am not planning to use this card much anymore.

That being said, I want an "in" with USBank. Is there a no-AF card I can downgrade to? Or is it possible to PC this card to a more beneficial USBank card? I'd hate to lose the 10k in CL that I fought so hard to get (only to get shot in the foot the next month)
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by adschnei
It looks like a retention offer is not happening for me with this card. I signed up a few weeks before the devalue was announced, and am not planning to use this card much anymore.

That being said, I want an "in" with USBank. Is there a no-AF card I can downgrade to? Or is it possible to PC this card to a more beneficial USBank card? I'd hate to lose the 10k in CL that I fought so hard to get (only to get shot in the foot the next month)
Yes, they have a no fee version of the Club Carlson card. I changed one of mine to it last month.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:26 pm

US Bank makes it complicated to make payments online. Not user friendly. Their website and policies are different than the rest. You can pay online on time or a few days early but for some weird explanation that makes no sense to me, it will not be credited as on time. So for me, it is pay with paper checks. I never use this card except at Carlson hotels.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adschnei

US Bank will issue the no fee 2% Fidelity card starting July this year. I plan to PC my Club Carlson card to the Fido card as I have 25K CL on the stupid Club Carlson card. If PC is successful, then I would get a business version of the CC card.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:01 pm

"We're unable to provide a decision about your application at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. You will be notified of the decision via U.S. Mail in 7 to10 business days."

is this denial for biz app?

edit: searched through the thread and it sounds like they're gonna request documents. RIP. I don't have a biz. This card would have been 100% for me @ 60 bucks AF.

Last edited by runb4fun; Mar 12, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:58 pm

I called automatic line, it said 3 days typical for approval and 7 if documents are needed. I'm curious if speaking with a representative is a good idea?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:21 pm

called the automatic line; said app was "unable to be approved" and i will receive further documents via mail. I guess they want to verify my biz...lol
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:03 am

FINAL UPDATE:

Couple of days ago, the robot said "unable to be approved", so i asked for a non-robot and she dead on pointed that the reason for "unable to be approved" was basically because i had applied to so many cards recently. I've applied to like 15 in last 3 months

So she's like "why you got so many applications?" and i'm like "they're all hotel and travel credit cards and i got them coz i started to travel more often". She also inquired if my application was for corporate and if i was the sole proprietor. I said it was like a small biz and I'm indeed the sole proprietor. She asked what my biz was and I was like "i do reselling and provide educational services as well". Then she forwarded the info to the other department (note: the agents can't instant approve). I called later on the same day and got "under review". I called this morning and got "congratulation...approved".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.