Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Superorb
Yeah, not being able to use them overseas is a real let down since that's where all the best properties are.
Yes, now that the program has been revamped and the improvement is only additional domestic certs, I'd say it doesn't look likely that a worldwide certificate will be offered. I think they still are stinging from the gleeful use of that amazing 2nd night free, RIP.
The possibility of multiple free certs with $10K spend does sweeten the pie for higher spend thresholds if you have any use at all for the domestic certs. I've somehow used every cert they've issued me, against all odds, since our domestic travel menu is limited. Like @RobertHanson, we use the standard points awards in Europe with good results.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Yes, now that the program has been revamped and the improvement is only additional domestic certs, I'd say it doesn't look likely that a worldwide certificate will be offered. I think they still are stinging from the gleeful use of that amazing 2nd night free, RIP.
The possibility of multiple free certs with $10K spend does sweeten the pie for higher spend thresholds if you have any use at all for the domestic certs. I've somehow used every cert they've issued me, against all odds, since our domestic travel menu is limited. Like @RobertHanson, we use the standard points awards in Europe with good results.
We use points in Europe and 5x is nice to earn for them.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I you already had a certificate, I presume you'd try to use it up (rather than throw it away)? There must be "decent enough" non-aspirational properties to "use up" a certificate on if you happen to have one (just to save some money on one hotel night where you're not doing much at the hotel anyway)?

So I presume what you actually meant was that you've never bothered to pursue earning a certificate?
You know what you do when you assume, right, and I'd say presuming is about the same. No, I didn't mean that. I meant we do strictly aspirational travel, and have never found a use tor the domestic certificate, so it just expires unused. Pretty much the same story with the Marriott certificates. In the past we used them in airport hotels, but then all of those moved up from 4 to 6. Besides which, we haven't done any of those stay somewhere crummy before an early morning flight trips lately. Doesn't matter so much now that we can't even get Marriott personal cards anymore, due to 5/24.

If we had business travel it would be different, but we don't, and are aren't about to waste a day of vacation travel in a cheap hotel just because we have a certificate for it.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:48 am

Are they going to send out new cards with Radisson on them ?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
I meant we do strictly aspirational travel, and have never found a use tor the domestic certificate, so it just expires unused. Pretty much the same story with the Marriott certificates. In the past we used them in airport hotels, but then all of those moved up from 4 to 6.

[...]

If we had business travel it would be different, but we don't, and are aren't about to waste a day of vacation travel in a cheap hotel just because we have a certificate for it.
The Irvine Marriott (full service with an M Club lounge), near SNA airport, just dropped from cat 6 to cat 5 earlier this year. So they're not "all" at cat 6 yet. (Of course, category numbers at MarRiWood are changing come August, and the details of that hasn't been explained by them yet, so whether 25k properties will stay 25k for the rest of 2018 is not absolutely certain yet.)

Anyway, do you know that there are no Radisson Rewards hotels worth staying at for you, or are you just assuming? There are handful of new-build Radisson Blu hotel in the US that might be quite good, but if you assume that everything in this program in the USA is trash, you'll never find the exceptions.

And Country Inn & Suites are not all "cheap" IMHO! (Some I avoid only because they're too expensive!) So do you dismiss all hotels without a restaurant as a matter of course, or do you evaluate whether any of the are good enough for a one-night stay (where you are not spending much time in the hotel), say, in the middle of a road trip to that "aspirational" destination?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I doubt it'll happen any time soon. US Bank got faced with another program name change months earlier (LANPASS to LATAMPASS), and they never sent out replacement cards for those (for people whose cards were still good for a long time). So if they didn't to it there, I don't see why they'd rush to do it here.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
When I asked they said I'd get a new card when the old one expired, but I'm sure you could request one if you want it.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
You know what you do when you assume, right, and I'd say presuming is about the same. No, I didn't mean that. I meant we do strictly aspirational travel, and have never found a use tor the domestic certificate, so it just expires unused. Pretty much the same story with the Marriott certificates. In the past we used them in airport hotels, but then all of those moved up from 4 to 6. Besides which, we haven't done any of those stay somewhere crummy before an early morning flight trips lately. Doesn't matter so much now that we can't even get Marriott personal cards anymore, due to 5/24.

If you have an expiring Radisson certificate, I would gladly take it. They are transferrable, unlike the Marriot certificates.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
If you have an expiring Radisson certificate, I would gladly take it. They are transferrable, unlike the Marriot certificates.
Where is it documented on them being transferable (and the procedure)? I tried to search to see if they were (to suggest the same thing to RobertHanson), but couldn't find anything.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:32 am

Where is it documented on them being transferable (and the procedure)? I tried to search to see if they were (to suggest the same thing to RobertHanson), but couldn't find anything.
They're transferable. I used one from my account to book a night on my wife's account. Also if you cancel the code will be valid again too.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I don't think it is documented or there is any procedure, but it is possible. I have done this with all the annual certificates I have, the Friday night ones, etc. All to my account since I am concierge and can get the breakfast.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
They're transferable. I used one from my account to book a night on my wife's account. Also if you cancel the code will be valid again too.
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I don't think it is documented or there is any procedure, but it is possible. I have done this with all the annual certificates I have, the Friday night ones, etc. All to my account since I am concierge and can get the breakfast.
Yes, can they be transferred to anyone? Examples of intra-family transfers don't answer that.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:50 am

Yes, can they be transferred to anyone? Examples of intra-family transfers don't answer that.
Do you think the system checks for a matching last name?
Old May 19, 2018, 2:00 pm

I browsed through the last several pages of this thread and others, still I did not see the answer:

How quickly do the 50,000 bonus points after 1st purchase post? F.e. after the first statement closes? Is it possible to move the statement date if necessary, to make the points post sooner?

While I found a special thread about when the 40000 annual card renewal bonus posts, I did not find anything about when the initial sign-up bonus posts.
In case anyone has any data points on the point posting procedure with Radisson and US Bank, I'd really appreciate to hear about it.

In case it might help anyone else: I applied for the Radisson (formerly Club Carlson) Premier top of the line personal credit card, without freezing my credit report, and was initially declined. They I called to reconsider, and they said I would hear their decision through a letter send in the mail. That letter arrived today, and it seems they actually approved me for the mid-tier card ($50 annual fee). Also that card comes with 50,000 points after 1st purchase.

Today, I got the card agreement in the mail, I did not receive the actual card yet. Still, I would love to know how quickly it is possible to receive the points, in order to be able to use them to book award nights.
While I am not surprised that US Bank initially declined me, due to about 5 personal credit cards and 5 business cards opened in the last about 14 months, I was surprised that they only approved me for the mid-tier card, despite a 740 score, always paying everything on time, and Chase and Amex approving me for their top-tier cards. I guess I can try for the Radisson business credit card in 6 months, maybe they'll approve me for that... ;-)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Without creating another thread, some of us received special offer,

radissonvisaoffers.com

Use your card for purchase from August 1 through Sept 20, 2018, once you spend $1100 in net purchases during the promotion period, additional net purchases will earn 1 bonus point per dollar spent up to 5000 points.

I must say I'm amused, you'll earn at most 5000 points, I have bigger priority now to fulfill spend (WF Propel) as well as better return for traveling (Citi TYP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.