Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
you may want to confirm that the FN certs (10k/nt) will work at your targeted hotel. i thought they were USA only?
The certs are in fact US only. Fine I guess if you have a special need, like the OP above who uses them for being close to the Staples Center. Otherwise totally MEH. We've never used the ones we've gotten.

If you can get enough points from sign up bonuses for one of the few really nice Radisson Blu properties in the EU, that's another matter. By getting both personal and business cards, we've done that twice for 4 nights (2 for me, 2 for DW), at an AF and MS cost of just over $100 a night, for an ocean front balcony room that retails at over $500 a night. Which we consider a "deal", but it's far from a "free night"
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:27 am

Very Strange

I was just checking my CC Bus card to find out when the AF is due to post, intending to cancel it now, and reapply later. Well, it turns out it posted last month. The strange part is the webpage says the $60 AF was paid on 11/20. I'm sure I didn't pay it, I've checked the two checking accounts I use to pay bills, and not only is there no charge listed for US bank, but there are no charges for $60 for anything at all. I do have a couple of local branches nearby, but I'm pretty sure if I'd gone in less than 3 weeks ago and paid the fee in cash, I'd remember that.

Maybe since almost all of my spend on the card was frontloaded to cover min spnd, they figured I would cancel when the AF posted, and just marked it as paid to keep their cardholder stats up?
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:41 am

I've had the business version of this card for a while, but hardly put spend on it. I now have some large expenses coming up and am interested in the free night with $10K spend. My annual fee was charged around last September; if I make my purchases now, when do the free nights show up on my account?

Also, I got my card when it was called the Club Carlson. Again, it's the business version. Does my card even qualify for the free night with $10K spend? I don't remember that being one of the benefits when I got my card.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Anyone applied for this card recently? Or have DPs from folks that have (perhaps Reddit)?

There is a new, limited time offer on this personal card. 100,000 points after $2,500 spend. We have a favorite Rad Blu hotel in Europe where a premium view room costs $550 a night, whereas the points cost for that room would be $110 a night after AF and MS fees on the $2,500 spend. Tempted to have DW and I each get that card, but I don't know the current USB attitude on MAC. I'm at 5/6, DW is at 4/6, and it only makes sense if we both get the card, so we have at least 2 nights there. Maybe each get the Bus version again too, so we have 4 nights. Loath to waste the HP if it's an obvious no-go though.
Sorry for the late reply, but I signed up for the card towards the end of the 100K offer. This was my 10th card in the last year (2nd or 3rd in last 6 months), but they still approved me. Not immediately, but called to check the next day and was approved. When you apply they say if you do not qualify for the Premier, you will automatically be considered for the second tier card (called Platinum in the terms, though not on the main page). I was worried I would be approved for that one, but got the 100K offer. Planning a trip to Norway and thought the points would be useful there. Barclay did deny me last summer for the Wyndham card, so maybe USB is more forgiving than Barclay!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:43 am

Very Strange

I was just checking my CC Bus card to find out when the AF is due to post, intending to cancel it now, and reapply later. Well, it turns out it posted last month. The strange part is the webpage says the $60 AF was paid on 11/20. I'm sure I didn't pay it, I've checked the two checking accounts I use to pay bills, and not only is there no charge listed for US bank, but there are no charges for $60 for anything at all. I do have a couple of local branches nearby, but I'm pretty sure if I'd gone in less than 3 weeks ago and paid the fee in cash, I'd remember that.

Maybe since almost all of my spend on the card was frontloaded to cover min spnd, they figured I would cancel when the AF posted, and just marked it as paid to keep their cardholder stats up?
Mystery solved. They recently sent me a bill with the AF due. Whatever glitch had it marked as paid obviously got worked out.

I cancelled the card. Not enough ROI on these cards to justify any kind of spend, other than perhaps min spnd for a new sign up bonus.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:09 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Applied and got approved for the business version of this card. This looks like a very good value card and hotel program. Hope we'll do more international travels to take advantage of this card.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by RedSun
Applied and got approved for the business version of this card. This looks like a very good value card and hotel program. Hope we'll do more international travels to take advantage of this card.
I've had this card for a while after having the personal first. The $60 annual fee basically means you are buying points at .15 cents each. Just booked a room for next Oct that gives me a value of .575 cents per point...not a bad deal. I honestly wish other companies had done it like this, give us points instead of a free night cert usable at hotels only up to 40,000 points (say). At least with Rad, you can stock up on points to stay at any hotel you want.
_kurt likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:58 am
Suspended

I just updated the Wiki.
happychic likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Angry Missing Status from card

I downgraded my card for a while to get out of the AF. I have since upgraded my card back to the AF version, have paid the AF, and over 2 months later still don't show Gold status that comes with the card. Multiple contacts with Radisson have them saying they are still working on it. U.S. Bank just keeps saying it is a Radisson problem. Pretty frustrating.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by merice107107
I downgraded my card for a while to get out of the AF. I have since upgraded my card back to the AF version, have paid the AF, and over 2 months later still don't show Gold status that comes with the card. Multiple contacts with Radisson have them saying they are still working on it. U.S. Bank just keeps saying it is a Radisson problem. Pretty frustrating.
I can't tell since my first statement has not cut yet. I'm still a club member.
Old May 12, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have a working link for the business card?
Old May 13, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Lowest-level minion
Originally Posted by frudd38
No landing page and no mention of the offer attached, but it should be the offer for 50k/1st purchase, 35k/$2.5k/90 days. I can't edit the wiki to add there, and this probably shouldn't go up there since it's unofficial.

https://applications.usbank.com/oad/begin?locationCode=21603&offerId=XH6XX28HRM&source Code=33352

Edit: got the card today, and the paperwork along with it confirms the 50k/35k offer is attached.
frudd38 and MoonOverMiami like this.

Last edited by gregorius; May 24, 2019 at 4:50 pm Reason: Updating with news
Old May 27, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
No, and it's being talking about more widely:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-b...ilable-online/
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just got an email "offer":

"As a Silver member, you're exclusively invited to earn up to 100,000 bonus points with the Radisson RewardsTM Premier Visa Signature® Card — for a limited time only" (July 31st)

However the offer is from Radisson, not US Bank, so that doesn't tell me anything about the likelihood of being approved at LOL/24. I'm guessing we don't have any recent DPs on that, due to no one having applied recently. B/A and Barclays would be an instant denial for me. Citi is still an easy approval. Anyone have any DPs, or even opinions, for US Bank?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Just got an email "offer":

"As a Silver member, you're exclusively invited to earn up to 100,000 bonus points with the Radisson RewardsTM Premier Visa Signature® Card — for a limited time only" (July 31st)

However the offer is from Radisson, not US Bank, so that doesn't tell me anything about the likelihood of being approved at LOL/24. I'm guessing we don't have any recent DPs on that, due to no one having applied recently. B/A and Barclays would be an instant denial for me. Citi is still an easy approval. Anyone have any DPs, or even opinions, for US Bank?
Not sure how helpful, but I picked up the business version for SO in March and we are both at 'LOL/24' as you say (basically one a month for 24/24). Had no problem getting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.