Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 1:24 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by anime333
Anyone had luck extending the expiration date on an e-cert?
Is this the one that was mailed out last year? for disappointed card holders?
I think those exp in August?

Are they still difficult to redeem? I have one left the last one I tried to redeem took hours and the hotel billed me for the room for about 48 hrs till it was resolved.

Has anyone booked stays beyond the August exp date of those first free certificates mailed out?

thanks!
Old May 10, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
> Receive 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase.
> Plus 35,000 points once you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90
> days. Plus at least 12,500 points for your "spend" (2500 x 5).

Triggered all this via $2500 (IRS tax pay + $46=1.89% fee).

The 12.5K pts was pleasant surprise.
Do I understand correctly:
most spending, $1 = 5pts???

If true, has anyone figured out if
that in itself "covers" 1.89% tax pay fee
& it makes $$ sense to keep using this
card for more IRS cc pays?

Extreme: $100K tax pay, $1890 cc fee,
500K Carlson points...!?!?

Level 2 = 15Kpts = ~$57/night?? Seems to be ~33% off $$ rate?
Better vs. best $$ rate at other levels?

Insights from Carlson veterans appreciated!!
Old May 10, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer

Yes. It is described as such in the Wiki and the Card Benefits Details.

It depends on how much you value CC points.

Many of us valued CC points before the 2nd-night-free-on-award-stays benefit was removed. And, since then, the program has devalued. Many of us worry about future devaluation and focus on earn-and-burn strategies and don't want to build-up too big of a balance.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:51 pm

Did anyone get their annual free certificate for $10k spending without complaining? If so, how soon after the AF posted?
I got 40k points 2 months after the AF posted, but I'm yet to see the free certificate although I'm positive I spent 10k before the AF posted. I don't mind waiting since I don't need it asap, but if they won't give out the certificate without complaining, then I'll start the process.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by parioneti
Did anyone get their annual free certificate for $10k spending without complaining? If so, how soon after the AF posted?
I got 40k points 2 months after the AF posted, but I'm yet to see the free certificate although I'm positive I spent 10k before the AF posted. I don't mind waiting since I don't need it asap, but if they won't give out the certificate without complaining, then I'll start the process.
I didn't. But, I called US Bank last week to complain and already received the e-cert...much faster than I thought it would be.

Note that I think they know they messed up and are responding quickly. And the later you wait to complain, then the later the expiration date of the e-cert because it is tied to when the e-cert is issued. Obviously a risk to wait; but, if you do, you can have more overlap if you do the $10k e-cert this year too. Just something to consider.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:01 am

Extreme: $100K tax pay, $1890 cc fee,
500K Carlson points...!?!?

Level 2 = 15Kpts = ~$57/night?? Seems to be ~33% off $$ rate?
Better vs. best $$ rate at other levels?

Insights from Carlson veterans appreciated!!
So much YMMV, depending on your circumstances. Do you usually pay for hotel stays, or mainly stay on points? How much do you usually pay, and what level of luxury are you willing to pay for?

If you would otherwise stay at a Radisson Blue in Paris that has a rack rate of $350, or an award price 70K points, in your above example you would be saving $125 a night. But paying @ $270 a night in fees. So saving about 36%. Assuming your example of $100K in tax payments, that's quite an income, so maybe it's worth it for you.

But since I don't have that level of income, and would never pay $270 a night, it wouldn't work for me. The most that works for me is for DW and I to each get a personal card (a little over) once a year, and one Business card ( a little over) once a year. Now we have enough points for 3 nights at $85 a night (the cc AF) plus enough points left over that after 3 years we have enough "extra" points accumulated for 3 bonus nights. Assuming no major changes to the award program, which is of course a big assumption.

I haven't even mentioned the opportunity cost. If we were to put that $1500 per card of min spnd on a Double cash card instead of the Club Carlson card, we'd get $30 cash back. So those night are actually costing us around $100 a night, when you add in the "extra points", which will surely be worth something in the future, we just don't know how much.

I would ordinarily pay $100 a night to stay at a Radisson Blu in Paris, so that works for me. I would never pay $300 to stay there, so that wouldn't work for me. You'll have to do your own cost/benefit/ budget analysis.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
I didn't. But, I called US Bank last week to complain and already received the e-cert...much faster than I thought it would be.

Note that I think they know they messed up and are responding quickly. And the later you wait to complain, then the later the expiration date of the e-cert because it is tied to when the e-cert is issued. Obviously a risk to wait; but, if you do, you can have more overlap if you do the $10k e-cert this year too. Just something to consider.
Thanks for the response.
LOL, that's exactly the reason why I'm willing to wait!
I guess I'll wait one or two more months, and see what happens.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:12 am

Well, you know what?
They got their acts together. Got my free night cert today. So it took few days after the 40k points posted.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:35 am

Annual fee was charged mid March, received the "free" night (10k spend) certificate today.

Didn't have to fight for it, but I do expect that patience will almost always be required (for both certs and annual bonus points)
Old May 12, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by parioneti
Well, you know what?
They got their acts together. Got my free night cert today. So it took few days after the 40k points posted.
Originally Posted by NRTBound2015
Annual fee was charged mid March, received the "free" night (10k spend) certificate today.

Didn't have to fight for it, but I do expect that patience will almost always be required (for both certs and annual bonus points)
FWIW, my annual fee was billed 1/5/2016 and my 40k anniversary points posted 3/7/2016. I waited 2 more months before calling in May and my $10k e-cert never came.

It's definitely YMMV (one blogger speculated that it second, third, etc. charges from the same retailer in a single day were originally omitted from US Bank's calculation of the $10k threshold).
Old May 13, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I tried asking why I never received a free night worldwide since my wife and friends did, and they said the card has a yearly free night after spending $10k and they gave me 7,500 points as a courtesy. What a crock.

Same here for both my personal as well as my business card. I do not think that they even bother to read the finely crafted letter which I had sent :-)
Old May 17, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
AF Posted in Dec and the 40k annual bonus still hasn't come. I've noticed my last online statement was in Jan.. Do we need to put spend to trigger a statement?
Old May 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

FWIW, my annual fee was billed 1/5/2016 and my 40k anniversary points posted 3/7/2016. I waited 2 more months before calling in May and my $10k e-cert never came.

It's definitely YMMV (one blogger speculated that it second, third, etc. charges from the same retailer in a single day were originally omitted from US Bank's calculation of the $10k threshold).
That's good to know for us that used Buxx a few times to get to $10k
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
AF Posted in Dec and the 40k annual bonus still hasn't come. I've noticed my last online statement was in Jan.. Do we need to put spend to trigger a statement?
Almost similar experience here. Annual fee posted and paid on 3/7. No 40k points yet. Such a ...... bank to deal with!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:02 am

Anybody remember how long it takes for the account to be upgraded to Gold after getting the Club Carlson Premier Rewards card? The first statement is already close and I am still a Silver. (First purchase already made in the middle of July).

Last edited by godsquare; Jul 29, 2016 at 8:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.