Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
    So it confirmed that DL miles are coming from Evolve?
    I never had a problem; it just sounded to me like the fee was not going to be worth it. If no fee, it is a no brainer.
    Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
    Well there goes my favorite vehicle for my estimated tax payments.......
    JudyJFLA
    Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
    Anyone call them about closing your account and getting the annual fee refunded? I paid the renewal in Oct, so I'm curious if they would refund the whole fee or pro-rate it.
    Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:19 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    Originally Posted by TAWS
    Anyone call them about closing your account and getting the annual fee refunded? I paid the renewal in Oct, so I'm curious if they would refund the whole fee or pro-rate it.
    There are only a couple of data points if you go back a few pages, but it seems that ST is not refunding any part of the fee.
    Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS
    no AF refunds...quite a few data points throughout this thread
    Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by travelfreaks
    no AF refunds...quite a few data points throughout this thread
    All the more reason to get your AF money's worth before July 25.
    Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
    All the more reason to get your AF money's worth before July 25.
    True, but for those of use who did not keep up on our reading and missed the change and already paid the fee, the math still works on $4K to generate 2k until fee is due again.
    Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
    True, but for those of use who did not keep up on our reading and missed the change and already paid the fee, the math still works on $4K to generate 2k until fee is due again.
    Good point. Though that monthly charge is UGH without high balance.
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
    Good point. Though that monthly charge is UGH without high balance.
    I was not aware of a monthly charge if over $3k?
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:45 am

I'm in the same situation as all of you. I did about 10k a month prior to the change in terms (had been with SunTrust for over 10 years). When confronted with the change in terms, I noted that my annual fee had hit already. Called up to inquire about any (partial) refunds if account were closed but SunTrust does not believe in that I guess. So for now, I'm afraid only two options are to go with the 2k I miles per month or bring my daily balance up to 25k and get up to 4k in miles per month. Pretty worthless either way though.
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by k_smith29
    I'm in the same situation as all of you. I did about 10k a month prior to the change in terms (had been with SunTrust for over 10 years). When confronted with the change in terms, I noted that my annual fee had hit already. Called up to inquire about any (partial) refunds if account were closed but SunTrust does not believe in that I guess. So for now, I'm afraid only two options are to go with the 2k I miles per month or bring my daily balance up to 25k and get up to 4k in miles per month. Pretty worthless either way though.
    I bet you could complain about the fee to the OCC, since I believe they police credit/debit card issuers. On the other hand, that could result at ST taking a closer look and clawing back the 10k per month you mentioned.
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:38 am

My annual fee just hit. It's in my calendar to close my account in April of 2016 before my next fee hits.
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
    I was not aware of a monthly charge if over $3k?
    My bad. Sorry. You are correct.
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:36 pm

Yeah, I'm trying to decide if it is worth $95 AF for 24k points. I could do 25k balance for 48k points but if it ever dips does it affect entire year point cap or just that month?
    Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:03 pm

how is everyone maximizing mileage earning with impending july shutdown?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.