Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
Bank of America Reconsideration phone numbers
1-888-663-6262 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)

877-665-5020, 877-261-3494 (Business apps to reach a person. Calling between 6 pm and 7 pm Eastern time may have shorter wait times.)

1-800-354-0401 (8-7pm EST M-F) STILL working for personal apps 9/25/17
1-877-721-9405 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)
from posts #113 and 122: 1-866-224-7803 (no longer active)
from post #92: 1-888-221-6262 (no longer active)

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Reconsideration?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by AZinAZ
Called 888-221-6262 today and it says it's a non-working number at card services. Called a few other numbers and eventually got a rep who said that they no longer do reconsideration over the phone and that you have to snail mail a letter in (no fax, no email available). HUCA - got same answer. Anyone else hearing this?
same here
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
When the submitted application requires additional review, is this an indication of eventual approval or another form of application denial? I helped a family member who has a 825 CR score, 5 previous HPs, and no bad marks with this app and was unsure of the reasons for additional review being required. Perhaps information was keyed incorrectly and there is a detail mismatch between the app and the bureaus.

I read through the past few pages of this thread and it seems like a 'pending' application is generally successfully recon'd. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone has posted a working phone number for a few months. Any ideas what happens if time is simply allowed to pass by after receiving a notification of additional required review?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:21 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
called all the numbers on the front page for a Biz Recon call... and apparently all credit analysts for Biz accts go home at 7pm EST :/

anyways the 'status line' rep (only live person I could reach) just gave me this direct # to try em 1 888 663 6262
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AZinAZ
Called 888-221-6262 today and it says it's a non-working number at card services. Called a few other numbers and eventually got a rep who said that they no longer do reconsideration over the phone and that you have to snail mail a letter in (no fax, no email available). HUCA - got same answer. Anyone else hearing this?
Can confirm. I too tried this morning, and was told that I will need to wait for the snail mailing from the "credit department", and respond to their PO Box for reconsideration. No direct phone number to reach them. This was for the Amtrak personal card. Sounds like the biz phone reconsideration may still be supported?

Now I'm curious if there is a form that you send back that's included in the mailing, or if the reconsideration response is free-form. I'll post an update.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Hi folks, any updated on the denial letter/form? I applied last night for the Amtrak and Virgin Atlantic. Looks like they pulled Equifax, denied for both instantly. No current history with BoA.

What do you think, worth it to call recon today or just wait for the denial letter?

EDIT: Last night, instant denial, and checked the application status page on BoA site, still denial.

This morning, both applications are "in review."

Any thoughts, is this common? Maybe the system thought they were duplicates at first?

Last edited by financialhippie; Sep 30, 2016 at 5:45 am Reason: Updated info
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Last night, instant denial, and checked the application status page on BoA site, still denial.

This morning, both applications are "in review."
That's odd; never have seen that.

Since the status has changed to "in review", I would call them right away
(before the status potentially becomes "denied" again).
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
So, I called later that night, and was told both applications were, in fact, denied. I managed to get them to reconsider the Amtrak card, and should be getting a call today or tomorrow to go over some details they said.

Oddly enough, I received both denial letters in the mail yesterday (too many inquiries) but the application status online is still showing "in review" on both..
Old Jan 4, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: WN, UA Silver, Marriott/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I was able to get recon at 1-866-224-7803 today. Approved for Merrill+ after moving around CL's!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:51 pm

Any ideas?

Have three current BofA Alaska cards, basically apply for a new one every 3-4 months.

Usually drop all credit lines to 2k so I can keep getting the visa sig, but this time I left one card at 10k credit.

Applied two days ago, said it's in review, but the online application status check says "denied". What's the best option? Do I call in and try to have it reconsidered, even though I already have 3 other Alaska cards? No idea what I'd use for the excuse here.

Or do I just wait it out, eventually cancel one of these cards in the next few months when AF hits, drop the other credit line, and apply again in 2 months?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by yurch10
Have three current BofA Alaska cards, basically apply for a new one every 3-4 months.

Usually drop all credit lines to 2k so I can keep getting the visa sig, but this time I left one card at 10k credit.

Applied two days ago, said it's in review, but the online application status check says "denied". What's the best option? Do I call in and try to have it reconsidered, even though I already have 3 other Alaska cards? No idea what I'd use for the excuse here.

Or do I just wait it out, eventually cancel one of these cards in the next few months when AF hits, drop the other credit line, and apply again in 2 months?
Unfortunately in these situations you're kinda SOL. It's basically impossible to provide a reasonable excuse for a human to approve you for a duplicate card. Just have to wait and try again later and hope for a system approval.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by yurch10
Have three current BofA Alaska cards, basically apply for a new one every 3-4 months...Applied two days ago, said it's in review, but the online application status check says "denied"...apply again in 2 months?
Current data points suggest that Bank of America will no longer approve you for a personal Alaska Airlines card if you already have one open.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:31 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Dec 2016 AOR applied for
Merrill Lynch
Amtrack
denied for all.
Told me that credit was not pulled and that 7 per cards is max you can have with BofA.
Is this true? ( I also have 2 AK biz)
regular churner but most cards are legacy cards.

So the questions are
Is there a limit to max number of BofA per or biz accts any product?
And I was just told that if you didn't get approved for the card that you applied for in the beginning then you will not get the bonus even if you move CL. Is this a new policy?

Last edited by frank_10b; Feb 9, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:09 am

Also just denied for the Merril Lynch after review by recon. Too much extended credit. Even gave liquid assets of 220k on this additional call on top of 93k income. Previously given about 35k among 3 cards since 5 months ago on 3 apps done in one day with instant approvals. I offered to exchange lines since one is 17k but just seemed they never really heard that. Fico around 790. Fako about 820.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Experience with BofA CC application

I find these reports useful, so my meager contribution here.

Last night (15-Feb) I applied for the Cash Rewards Visa. When I clicked on "submit", I got the "I'm thinking about this" spinning wheel for about 30 seconds, then I was told the application was under review.

A quick check revealed that they had pulled Experian, oddly enough twice: a soft pull, and a hard pull.

It was too late to call their recon line, so I did that this morning. After verifying some information, the CSR put me on hold for maybe 3-4 minutes, and then told me I had been approved for $16K (the other cards I have are either NPSL Amex stuff, or a combination of Visa and MC with CLs in the 22K-36K range).

So, no auto-approval, but quick and easy follow-up.

I'll report back when the card shows up in the mail.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I find these reports useful, so my meager contribution here.

Last night (15-Feb) I applied for the Cash Rewards Visa. When I clicked on "submit", I got the "I'm thinking about this" spinning wheel for about 30 seconds, then I was told the application was under review.

A quick check revealed that they had pulled Experian, oddly enough twice: a soft pull, and a hard pull.

It was too late to call their recon line, so I did that this morning. After verifying some information, the CSR put me on hold for maybe 3-4 minutes, and then told me I had been approved for $16K (the other cards I have are either NPSL Amex stuff, or a combination of Visa and MC with CLs in the 22K-36K range).

So, no auto-approval, but quick and easy follow-up.

I'll report back when the card shows up in the mail.
What number did you dial do get recon on the line? It seems impossible to reach recon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.