Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
Bank of America Reconsideration phone numbers
1-888-663-6262 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)

877-665-5020, 877-261-3494 (Business apps to reach a person. Calling between 6 pm and 7 pm Eastern time may have shorter wait times.)

1-800-354-0401 (8-7pm EST M-F) STILL working for personal apps 9/25/17
1-877-721-9405 (auto line, option 3 for recent apps)
from posts #113 and 122: 1-866-224-7803 (no longer active)
from post #92: 1-888-221-6262 (no longer active)

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Reconsideration?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 11:21 am

Smile FIA Visa recon success!!!

Im so glad I came across this thread. I seriously almost just gave up and not bother to ask for a reconsideration. But Im glad I did. I cant believe I just got approved after calling the spanish line: 1-866-865-7843. The rep was very helpful and was very nice. I was put on hold and he came back and bam approved. WOW!!! Considering I have an AAoA of just 1 year I have 4 new accounts since January and I have lots of inquiries on my Experian report which was pulled. Thank you PedroNY for sharing the number. Spanish number was a winner. ^
Old May 20, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: United, SPG
I used the personal 1-866-865-7843 spanish number to check my Fidelity 2% AMEX app and was told I was approved. They speak english.
Old May 30, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
The Spanish line folks are so much nicer than the English line folks... Great tip calling this #

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Alright Everyone, here are some updated phone numbers. I posted these in another BofA Recon thread, but I may as well have it here. It took me a while, but I got both new Business and Personal, both of these go directly to appropriate departments:

Business: 1-866-695-6598

Personal en Espanol!: 1-866-865-7843. Yes you heard that right, this is dedicated line for reconsideration in Spanish. The rep I talked to was an English-native language speaker, so I didn't have a problem. I think these are bi-lingual agents, as she told me she was based in U.S.

Enjoy, everyone.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by TMKTakot
The Spanish line folks are so much nicer than the English line folks... Great tip calling this #
+1 to this. I had a great experience with the Spanish line - app'ed to the Alaska 30k Visa, got pending, and a call to the Spanish line had it all sorted out and approved. They picked up the phone in Spanish and I asked the rep if she spoke English and she did. Thanks for finding this number!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:53 pm

BoA CC approvals, how difficult is it?

On the board, we've seen numerous posts that affirm that Barclays is one of the most, if not THE MOST churn unfriendly card issuer. US Bank seems to be in that category, but not so bad. On the other hand, Chase and Citi are our friend. AMEX seems to be in the middle ground.

What about BoA? I don't have a lot of their cards, only 2, with the newest card opened only 3 months ago. But the last time I called, they reluctantly approved my app.

Would I be pushing it by applying again this month? How stringent in BoA relative to the other card issuers?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
I have not had any problems with them, but with all cc issuers...it is highly YMMV based upon your personal CR , your history with them, and the mood of the recon agent you get
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
BoA CC approvals, how difficult is it?

BoA has been better than Barclays in my experience. But that's just because I have already gotten my 4th Alaska but an still "only" on my 3rd US Air
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Business: 1-866-695-6598
Does anyone know if the business line is open on Saturdays?

Thank you PedroNY for posting the numbers :-)
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by scvrusher
+1 to this. I had a great experience with the Spanish line - app'ed to the Alaska 30k Visa, got pending, and a call to the Spanish line had it all sorted out and approved. They picked up the phone in Spanish and I asked the rep if she spoke English and she did. Thanks for finding this number!
+2

Initially tried one of the numbers in the first post. Got through but the rep said to call back once I got the denial letter. After trying 3 other disconnected numbers I called the Spanish line. They spoke English as well luckily just like you said they would.

They had 3 questions for me:

Why was I applying for another card? I said I was planning to do increased travel on Alaska Airlines.

Second question: I have 3 personal credit cards totaling up to 45K. None have a balance except one which is always paid off but currently has reported a balance of 12k (15k limit). They wanted to know what that balance was from. I said it was from an appliance purchase.

Second question was about a charge off from 2002! Wow, asking about a 13 year old charge off eh? I don't recall ever having a BoA account before and the charge off was for $2700 he stated. He said it might of been an account BoA bought from another creditor. My answer was I don't recall that account and apparently that was fine with him. Approved for 10k limit at the end of the call. Alaska Air Visa Sig. Experian Plus score is 729 and I have 14 inquires. Just cracking the 7 figure income mark. YMMV.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA,CO,VA,AMEX
I called the Spanish line and also got a very helpful agent.
Within 5 minutes I was approved!

GO FOR IT!

Rick
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:48 pm

great to hear to successful recon stories. I really want to apply for the virgin WEMC from BofA...like their 90k offer. The problem is I already have 2 BofA cards with them, a 30k and 26k limit. I do have a banking relationship with them (BofA and Merrill Lynch). Actually a Platinum Rewards member with them. I have opened about 7 new accounts this year and my EX report (who they seem to pull) has over 20 INQs. Scores hoover around 750-765 among all 3. You guys think I have a shot? I am heading to London at the beginning of the year and want as many months possible to meet the spending requirement.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by dodgers702
great to hear to successful recon stories. I really want to apply for the virgin WEMC from BofA...like their 90k offer. The problem is I already have 2 BofA cards with them, a 30k and 26k limit. I do have a banking relationship with them (BofA and Merrill Lynch). Actually a Platinum Rewards member with them. I have opened about 7 new accounts this year and my EX report (who they seem to pull) has over 20 INQs. Scores hoover around 750-765 among all 3. You guys think I have a shot? I am heading to London at the beginning of the year and want as many months possible to meet the spending requirement.
I have 11 new accounts this year, 12 last year, and was approved for the card without an issue. I also have 2 CCs already with them and a long time banking relationship though I've long pulled most of my funds from their accounts and just keep the account around for MS uses. This was also after having applied for a Citi card earlier in the day.
You should be fine.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
I have 11 new accounts this year, 12 last year, and was approved for the card without an issue. I also have 2 CCs already with them and a long time banking relationship though I've long pulled most of my funds from their accounts and just keep the account around for MS uses. This was also after having applied for a Citi card earlier in the day.
You should be fine.
That's good to know...just a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking...did you have to call in and recon? and also did you have to move limits from your other cards to open it? (which I don't mind at all really).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by dodgers702
That's good to know...just a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking...did you have to call in and recon? and also did you have to move limits from your other cards to open it? (which I don't mind at all really).
It didn't say I was automatically approved when I applied but by the time I found the right number go call (which took all of 5 minutes or so) the CSR said I was already approved and just wanted to make sure I was happy with the credit line (I was).
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by jmj8778
866-505-7481 is the winner for an English speaking line.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.