Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by dangw20
If she got denied for 'sufficient credit with Barclays' then she did not get denied for already having a US Air MC. Sufficient credit means they don't want to extend any more credit to you and has nothing to do with the brand of credit card (US Air, Arrival, etc) they have already issued you.

I was denied for this reason back in April, I called recon and told them I wanted to separate spending and asked to split credit from my current card. After answering a few questions (some of them tough, so be prepared) I was able to get a second card. Good luck if you try.
I think " sufficient credit " is a way of saying you're not getting another USair card.

I got my 2nd card no problem about 2 months ago. A month later ( and 7 months after his first USair card) my dad got denied for the same reason.

His score was 813 and he has $5K in credit with Barclay.

He also doesn't churn cards like we do, I get maybe 2 cards a year for him and I use the miles.

He has maybe $15K in open credit, zero debt. In other words there was no reason to tell him $5K credit was sufficient other than he already has the card

Last edited by flyer4512; Dec 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Data point:

I was recently approved for a 2nd US airways card. Last account was opened about 5 months ago.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I think " sufficient credit " is a way of saying you're not getting another USair card.
I agree. They can see she only charged $20 to the first card, so the only reason for applying for a second card would be to get another bonus.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I agree. They can see she only charged $20 to the first card, so the only reason for applying for a second card would be to get another bonus.
I applied my dad for the (Barclay) Arrival card today. Instant approval with a $12,500 CL

So much for he had enough Barclay credit, lol
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
PAcevesMX, If you've just received the card, then I am assuming you've not yet been billed. I would not be concerned until you get a bill and it had the annual fee. Until then, it may not help much in calling customer service reps who may not be that well trained or have the correct information. Have you received a bill yet with that annual fee on the bill?

Originally Posted by PAcevesMX
Hi guys. Long time lurker here. I applied for the 35k miles, annual fee waived offer on December 10th using the link at the top of this thread and was instantly approved.

Today I received my card and the enclosed account summary table lists an $89 annual fee. I called the customer service number and the operator confirmed I had an annual fee and that paying it was the only way to receive "the 30k mile offer". I mentioned the applied for the no annual fee, 35k mile offer and she said there currently is no such offer with the US airways card.

What do you suggest I do to receive the offer I applied for?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, WN, HH, IHG
How long after the first purchase do the miles usually post? The transaction posted about 3 weeks ago.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by zmant06
How long after the first purchase do the miles usually post? The transaction posted about 3 weeks ago.
The wiki at the top of this page (and every page in this thread) answers this and other FAQs.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, WN, HH, IHG
Whoops. Sorry, it had been a while since I had read the Wiki - Noob mistake. Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone have three of these cards open at one time? I cannot seem to get approved for my third with two open...
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
Does anyone have three of these cards open at one time? I cannot seem to get approved for my third with two open...

Reading back, seems most people have NO trouble if have no open cards (including myself getting instant approval last week with no other US Air cards open).

Having 1 card open also seems to be ok with many approvals and some denials. Most seems to have trouble if have 2 cards open, but a few seem to get apps thru anyway but this seems rare and an exception. So based on the trend, trying for 3 open cards may not be always possible and most likely result in a wasted hard pull.

Think it best to close one card and then try again later.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I applied my dad for the (Barclay) Arrival card today. Instant approval with a $12,500 CL

So much for he had enough Barclay credit, lol

May I ask when was the last Barclay app. You submitted for your Dad. I'm also trying to get my Arrival card but just applied and got approved for the US Air last week.
Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:32 am

Do i stand a good chance of getting approved if I have never applied for a Barclay card or any kind but have double digit hard pulls in the last 6 months?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Do i stand a good chance of getting approved if I have never applied for a Barclay card or any kind but have double digit hard pulls in the last 6 months?
i got approved last month with similar but i did have 95 days with no applications prior to the app (have 20 pulls in the last 12 months)
Old Dec 26, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Etihad Gold, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by gv111
US card offer may expire soon. So if u want to apply NOW is the time.
A WSJ article pointed to combining of both FF programs in Q1, and I read somewhere on FT, effective as soon as Jan 1 as phase 1 of "rebranding" efforts. Does anyone have more intel on when US Airways/Barclays relationship will end?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by tomcanada22
May I ask when was the last Barclay app. You submitted for your Dad. I'm also trying to get my Arrival card but just applied and got approved for the US Air last week.
Thanks
My dad was denied (800 plus score) for his 2nd USair card a few days before I applied (approved) him for the Arrival, reason given fr US denial was sufficient Barclays credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.