Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Part of an email today regarding my Barclays US card-

"Most important, the card program is not going away. It's getting better"
Got that same e-mail today - looks like Citi was just a bit faster with their mails. Should be interesting to see what they come up with to "make it better".
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:02 pm

what do they pull?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by mayhem213
what do they pull?
Transunion.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drminn
Got that same e-mail today - looks like Citi was just a bit faster with their mails.
And US is faster with their emails than AA. Ie, yesterday I got the AA email about the merger update many hours before I got the US email about the same thing. (And the same thing happened about a month ago when a pervious merger update was emailed by both.)

So please wait to see if you get an email from both before jumping to conlusions based on "omissions". There's no reason for the Citi email to mention the Barclays card, and there's no reason for the Barcalys email to mention the Citi card.

Each email sender (Citi, Barclays, AA, US) only writes about the things that they know you have signed up for; they don't assume that you've singed for the "other" program or the "other" card, so they don't write things from that perpsective. They know, furthermore, that if signed for the "other" program or the "other" card you'll get that "other" email soon enough. (They don't expect you do jump on not getting it for an hour two and assume the world has fallen as a result.)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And US is faster with their emails than AA. Ie, yesterday I got the AA email about the merger update many hours before I got the US email about the same thing. (And the same thing happened about a month ago when a pervious merger update was emailed by both.)
Mine did not even come until this morning. Citi came first and Barclays came 2 1/2 hours later. Not a big deal coz (1) I had already read about it and (2) I was still asleep when I got them. So as far as I am concerned, I got them at the same time.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
A quick question for experts:

This card converts 10,000 miles to be premier qualifying miles. Does that count toward million miler status with US at the moment? Trying to figure out if there is something I could do to help me get to 2mm on AA...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travellingpinoy
At the very least, all else being equal, I hope we get a couple more churns out of this card. I am on Card #3 and don't really know how many more churns are possible for this card. Does anybody know?

hi can you provide data points in terms of when did u apply for each time? also did u cancel previous card first or have u simultaneously had 2 cards at once?

i got mine in july 13, thinking if i should try apply for another one to get the 35k bonus. thanks again for input
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch

So please wait to see if you get an email from both before jumping to conlusions based on "omissions". There's no reason for the Citi email to mention the Barclays card, and there's no reason for the Barcalys email to mention the Citi card.

Each email sender (Citi, Barclays, AA, US) only writes about the things that they know you have signed up for; they don't assume that you've singed for the "other" program or the "other" card, so they don't write things from that perpsective. They know, furthermore, that if signed for the "other" program or the "other" card you'll get that "other" email soon enough. (They don't expect you do jump on not getting it for an hour two and assume the world has fallen as a result.)
Look, no need to get worked up about this. I thought - as you apparently did, that the e-mail came from AA, and AA being the surviving entity would at some point take the lead in communicating. And while we are splitting hairs, if you read my posting, I didn't jump to conclusions, I said there was "a strong hint" by omission.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kasan08
Hi guys, I got my 1st us airways card on June 2013. I just submitted the application for a 2nd card using the new link in wiki. It says need 7-10 days further review. But when I check the status at the status checking page, it says no application received in the last 90 days. . The same no record received when I called the phone number..

Any one got the same situation? Thanks.
so u still have ur original card from june 2013 right? lmk the outcome because i'm thinking of appyling again while still holding on to my current card because I had just completed one of the $750/month spend for 3 month straight for 15k bonus miles promo. would like to keep card until the promo miles hit and attempt to get second card before it goes away all together.. thanks in advance
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:31 pm

Just wanted to share a data point:

Dec 2012 - Card #1 Instantly approved - CL $15k - part of 7 card AOR
July 2013 - Card #2 Approved after call to reconsideration line - CL $!5k - part of 5 card AOR
Dec 19, 2013 - Closed card #1 after 10k anniversary miles posted.
Transferred $4k CL to card #2. Let go of the $11k CL
Jan 2, 2014 - Card #3 "Instantly-ish" approved. The message after application said decision was pending but
application status checker and call into customer service confirmed that it was approved.

Card #3 was also part of an AOR. The order of which was as follows:
* Club Carlson Prem Personal - Instantly Approved
* Club Carlson Prem Business - Pending Credit Review
* Citi AA Plat Mastercard - Instantly Approved
* US Airways (Card #3, #1 closed, #2 open) - Approved
* Chase MP Explorer Personal - Pending Verification on Monday

My credit score (depends on where you look) is between 771-797.

so you still had Card 2 when u applied for card 3? and u got bonus for all 3? thats a sick haul. thinking about getting second card soon. opened my first card july 13.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by clockhand
A quick question for experts:

This card converts 10,000 miles to be premier qualifying miles. Does that count toward million miler status with US at the moment? Trying to figure out if there is something I could do to help me get to 2mm on AA...

Thanks in advance!
Only butt in seat miles count towards the million miler status.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by homeone
so you still had Card 2 when u applied for card 3? and u got bonus for all 3? thats a sick haul. thinking about getting second card soon. opened my first card july 13.
I had my doubts whether I would get approved for Card #3 since I cancelled Card #1 just barely 2 weeks before applying. But yeah, sick haul indeed especially considering that I also got the offer for 15k miles when you spend $750 for 3 months for both Card #1 and Card #2. The key is that after you do your initial spend on the card put it away and don't use it until you get the 15k offer in about 3 months!

So your 35k bonus is actually a 50k bonus once you factor this in. And actually, for less spend than other 50k cards ($2250 vs Citi AA MC for $3k. I read that some were also getting offered additional miles for converting to e-statements. So converted my already e-statements to paper but so far I have never gotten the offer. I might just let it go and convert back into e-statements.

Good luck with your card #2! Happy churning to us! May we have more US Airways churns to come!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:54 pm

I had my doubts whether I would get approved for Card #3 since I cancelled Card #1 just barely 2 weeks before applying. But yeah, sick haul indeed especially considering that I also got the offer for 15k miles when you spend $750 for 3 months for both Card #1 and Card #2. The key is that after you do your initial spend on the card put it away and don't use it until you get the 15k offer in about 3 months!
Still playing catch up on this thread. Is this something lots of people are getting - do the initial spend, then put it away, and get the 15k offer in ~3 months? Definitely makes the offer that much more interesting.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
Still playing catch up on this thread. Is this something lots of people are getting - do the initial spend, then put it away, and get the 15k offer in ~3 months? Definitely makes the offer that much more interesting.

If getting the card now, then wait about 3 mths to get the $750 spend for 3 mths means about 6 mths total from now. Not sure if the card program will last that long.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tomcanada22
If getting the card now, then wait about 3 mths to get the $750 spend for 3 mths means about 6 mths total from now. Not sure if the card program will last that long.
I doubt they'll kill it off before year end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.