Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 am

Has anyone had any luck using the current 40K signup for their second US Airways Mastercard?

I signed up to the 35K MC last April for the first time, and am keen to get an extra churn in before the card vanishes. However, I also don't want to risk losing out on the annual 10K bonus this April from the first.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Even chase would only bump your bonus up for an offered that is actually alive, and that is not the case here.
yeah, I put that up there when I thought it was still up
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ambivalent
Does the 30k link actually work since it says only for 'US Airways Dividend Miles Preferred members.' And I don't have status on US Airways....
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
The previous 35k link was "only" for Chairman's Preferred members. The choice is yours if the risk is worthwhile.
If you're going to go for a 30k offer (as opposed to the 40k offer):

There's an "up to 40k" miles offer on the main US Airways web page, but it's simply 30k for first purchase plus up to 10k for balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred, so you'd have to transfer $10k to get that 10k).

But since it's on the main US Airways page, it has none of that language about "only for Preferred members".

However, if you're going to pay the annual fee anyway, why go for a 30k offer when there's a 40k offer:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=51

?

(Again, the 40k offer is advertised as "up to 50K', but it's only 40k unless you do that gigantic balance transfer, which of course costs extra fees aplenty on top of the annual fee.)

This 40k offer is already mentioned in the wiki. The link there is to a thread which discusses that particular offer, and that thread has the link I pasted above.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 16, 2014 at 1:25 pm
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

US Airways card will turn into AA, not Arrival, in 2015

See this thread in the AA/US forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...merge-but.html
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today when I logged into the Barclays site, the US Airways page said that I have to activate the card and provided a link to do so. I've had this card for over 2-1/2 years. Anyone else get this weird message?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:28 pm
Suspended

I'll post this here and in the Arrival card forum as well. Data point: hit a brick wall with Barclay's. Credit score me: 764. Wife: 760. She holds 2 USAir cards, I hold 1.

They will not give me another Barclay card. Applied for USAir card April 2013. Applied again in October, no dice. Applied again December, no dice. January I tried for Arrival, no dice.

My wife was more successful (2 USAir cards). She applied for Arrival yesterday, went into pending, called recon today. First two questions/statements out of the gate: (a) it looks like rewards are your number one concern, is this true? (b) you seem to have applied for a lot of recent credit lately, and you hardly use our cards as is.

So, either they're "onto" myself and the wife, or their CSRs (anecdotal, I know) are becoming more in-the-know.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Today when I logged into the Barclays site, the US Airways page said that I have to activate the card and provided a link to do so. I've had this card for over 2-1/2 years. Anyone else get this weird message?
They've probably sent you a new card (with a new expiration date), if you'd had if for over 2.5 years, but they probably added the "active" on the site before you received the card.

(The "activate" showing up on the website before the updated card came in the mail happened to me on a different Barclays card once or twice.)
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
They've probably sent you a new card (with a new expiration date), if you'd had if for over 2.5 years, but they probably added the "active" on the site before you received the card.

(The "activate" showing up on the website before the updated card came in the mail happened to me on a different Barclays card once or twice.)
Thanks. I'll wait to see if a new card comes.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by richinaz
Also, since this confuses some people, the 10K miles towards preferred status are not extra miles but instead are miles you have earned via credit card purchases and switch from regular miles to preferred.

For example when you reach $25K in purchases before the end of the year then 10K miles that are already in your account will now count towards status. You balance of redeemable miles will not increase by 10K.
Will a balance transfer count towards the $25k in purchases?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
See this thread in the AA/US forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...merge-but.html
Sweet!! Now we don't have to worry about missing out on the Arrival sign up bonus! ^^
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Oh no...the regular 35k link is dead?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
However, if you're going to pay the annual fee anyway, why go for a 30k offer when there's a 40k offer...
Because the offer in the wiki right now is 30k plus 10k anniversary bonus. If you believe the card will be around a year, past history indicates that you would net a total of 40k without paying any annual fee.

It also gives you an option to earn 10k/year at $89 "in perpetuity".

Really depends on your time horizon which offer is better for you.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:27 pm

Subscribed in case the 35k no AF link comes back.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:33 am

Anyone verify?

I did the 35,000 link that is no longer available. On the terms of the application it mentions the 10,000 anniversary miles. I noticed when I received the welcome packets and on my account information it makes no mention of it.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I did the 35,000 link that is no longer available. On the terms of the application it mentions the 10,000 anniversary miles. I noticed when I received the welcome packets and on my account information it makes no mention of it.
I just got my 10K anniversary miles (from now expired 40K link) and there was nothing in the welcome packet about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.