Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:28 am

Data point

For Barclays products, only hold the Arrival card. Cancelled my US Airways card two days ago, then reapplied last night--it's in a 10 day pending approval status. Ought to have waited 31+ days I suppose. TU score is over 800 but didn't have much spend on the canceled US Airways card. May wait 91 days and go for the new Hawaiian Air card from Barclays.

However, had my wife cancel the US Airways card at the same time I did. She also has only one product from Barclays--the Arrival. She can be my test case for waiting at least 31 days till reapplying for US Airways--one of the additional perks of marriage. :-)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred; SPG Platinum
I'm currently on my 2nd US Airways card (cancelled my first one early last year). My AF for my current card is early April. Can I apply for another card right now? Or do I have to cancel first?

I applied and was approved for my 2nd card while my first one was still active last year, but not sure if people are still having luck with this strategy. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:02 am

I had intended on holding off on an application for a few more months to give me a little wiggle room from my last application, but now I'm wondering how much longer this card will even be around. My crystal ball is a bit fuzzy today after AA's email regarding the integration of FF benefits.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:16 am

My AF fee of $89 posted and I paid it. Then I cancelled my card within the 60days allowed for the fee refund. Now that the account is closed with 0 due, will they just issue me a refund check in the mail for the $89 fee ?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Is there a way to see what US Airways Dividend Miles FF# your credit card is linked to? I just signed up for online access and can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Just got an e-mail from AA talking about the merger. There is a strong hint in there (by omission) that the Barclay card will not be in the picture after the merger:

Same great benefits with the CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ card
Your credit card benefits will remain unchanged. You'll continue to earn AAdvantage miles for purchases on your CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ card without disruption.

No mention of the US card.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by drminn
Just got an e-mail from AA talking about the merger. There is a strong hint in there (by omission) that the Barclay card will not be in the picture after the merger:

Your credit card benefits will remain unchanged. You'll continue to earn AAdvantage miles for purchases on your CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ card without disruption.

I received the same email, which made me ponder the same thing. However, I wonder if any USAir elites received a similar email from USAir mentioning the Barclay card.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
I received the same email, which made me ponder the same thing. However, I wonder if any USAir elites received a similar email from USAir mentioning the Barclay card.
From US Air

Same great benefits with US Airways Master and Visa

Rest is same wording.

The only thing that was omitted was the word Barclay.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:20 am

Feel free to scold me for laziness but can't seem to figure out from this thread or searches online whether there is any live link for the Business version of this card offering more than the standard 25,000 miles after first purchase. Any help would be appreciated. After being rejected for a second personal card a few months ago I am going to take my chances with the Biz one.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:49 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gil123
Feel free to scold me for laziness but can't seem to figure out from this thread or searches online whether there is any live link for the Business version of this card offering more than the standard 25,000 miles after first purchase.
Don't recall any posted. I also did some extensive searching about a month ago and couldn't find any, either.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:02 pm

Hi guys, I got my 1st us airways card on June 2013. I just submitted the application for a 2nd card using the new link in wiki. It says need 7-10 days further review. But when I check the status at the status checking page, it says no application received in the last 90 days. . The same no record received when I called the phone number..

Any one got the same situation? Thanks.

Last edited by kasan08; Jan 7, 2014 at 10:06 pm
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by fly35
My AF fee of $89 posted and I paid it. Then I cancelled my card within the 60days allowed for the fee refund. Now that the account is closed with 0 due, will they just issue me a refund check in the mail for the $89 fee ?

I thought people were cancelling right after the 10K points posted and not paying the AF at all ?

Did you ask for a AF refund when you closed the card ?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:23 am

Checked the status of my app online and found I was denied. No reason given--that will arrive by mail later. Oh well, guess it was a long shot. No more Barclays apps for perhaps 91 days--after which I'd expect instant approval. Will probably go for their new Hawaiian Airways CC product at that time since the US Airways card will very probably be long gone.

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
For Barclays products, only hold the Arrival card. Cancelled my US Airways card two days ago, then reapplied last night--it's in a 10 day pending approval status. Ought to have waited 31+ days I suppose. TU score is over 800 but didn't have much spend on the canceled US Airways card. May wait 91 days and go for the new Hawaiian Air card from Barclays.

However, had my wife cancel the US Airways card at the same time I did. She also has only one product from Barclays--the Arrival. She can be my test case for waiting at least 31 days till reapplying for US Airways--one of the additional perks of marriage. :-)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by drminn

Part of an email today regarding my Barclays US card-

"Most important, the card program is not going away. It's getting better"
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
Part of an email today regarding my Barclays US card-

"Most important, the card program is not going away. It's getting better"
At the very least, all else being equal, I hope we get a couple more churns out of this card. I am on Card #3 and don't really know how many more churns are possible for this card. Does anybody know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.