Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy
Head's up - just received another bonus offer. Some history:

2/13 - Approved for new card. Made one purchase for the bonus and put the card away.
4/13 - Received 750/3 for 15k offer. Completed spend, bonus posted.
2/14 - Called "to cancel" with AF due. Had already received 10k anniversary miles. Got the AF cut by 66%.
2014 - Put a few charges on the card here and there, mainly due to a 2X on gas offer. Last transaction was in 12/14.

1/15 - Received new offer for 15k points after spending more than $500 in Feb / Mar / Apr. My AF is due in Feb and the T&C state that in order to qualify for the 15k bonus, you must pay your AF (it's even in bold). That said, put the spend on the card plus the 10k anniversary miles means 25k miles for $89 - pretty sweet deal. A second card would be better but I've tried twice and it isn't happening with Barclays.
That'smine almost exactly. Except last year they would waive only 50% of annual fee. Then I called the following month and got a statement credit for the rest. I got the 2x and a 5x offer.

I also have a 2nd card. I just finished the $500 3 month spend. Just waiting for those to post.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by SOCguy
1/15 - Received new offer for 15k points after spending more than $500 in Feb / Mar / Apr.
Wow. My offer was only for 5k miles. Going to cancel the card instead.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:43 am

Does the 10K anniversary miles post right away on the day the account opened or the following billing cycle?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Does the 10K anniversary miles post right away on the day the account opened or the following billing cycle?
One year after account open,on the day of statement close date. neither account opened nor the following billing cycle.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 10, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:14 pm

Whats the difference between statement close date and billing cycle?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Whats the difference between statement close date and billing cycle?
billing cycle is the whole period between prior statement close date to current statement close date. statement close date is a particular date.

A Cycle does not equal A Date. I am sure you understand that part.

You asked when the anniversary bonus would post - it does not post on a random day in a billing cycle. It posts on the statement close date of your anniversary month.

Note that some cards do post bonus in the midst of a billing cycle, usually a few days after spend is met. This is not the case of the question you asked.

Is it clear enough to you?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:06 pm

Will new aviator red give 10k miles every year?

Have old us aiways mastercard with bonus 10k miles every year. When it get converted to aviator red, will i still get 10,000 milesevery year?
Old May 1, 2015, 10:14 am

Annual Fee Waiver?

I wonder if I just made a mistake. I got the annual fee waived, but now I remember that there was some fine print about the 10,000 anniversary miles being contingent on paying the fee. Has anyone had the fee waived recently? What was your experience, did you get the miles anyway?

(I searched this thread but the only references were awhile back, and things might have changed with the American merger.)
Old May 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ChoochMom
I wonder if I just made a mistake. I got the annual fee waived, but now I remember that there was some fine print about the 10,000 anniversary miles being contingent on paying the fee. Has anyone had the fee waived recently? What was your experience, did you get the miles anyway?

(I searched this thread but the only references were awhile back, and things might have changed with the American merger.)
Don't worry. I got mine and fee waived on 2 cards.

I also got nervous on the new one I just opened as they applied a fee waiver incorrectly to the the new account. I was worried but the 50,000 posted too.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:51 pm

Thanks! Sets my mind at ease.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I love this card. Got the email verifying the continuation of anniversary miles. My fee is due in November and I also got the promotion spend $500 for 3 months and get 15,000 bonus miles. This is in addition to the other 2 promos of 2 bonus miles for certain categories up to 2,500 miles.

I don't want to push my luck but has anyone gotten a statement credit for the annual fee in addition to that 15,000 mile bonus? It specifically says you have to pay the fee.

Thanks.
A few years ago I opened this card via the Chairman offer and the following year got my 10k bonus miles before my annual fee even appeared.

With my current US card, my annual fee posted in April and I still haven't received the 10k. Is that normal? When have others recently received their 10k bonus? (I'm AA PLT not Chairman so maybe they nixed me. I don't recall getting the email confirmation others mentioned in October.)
Old May 4, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
A few years ago I opened this card via the Chairman offer and the following year got my 10k bonus miles before my annual fee even appeared.

With my current US card, my annual fee posted in April and I still haven't received the 10k. Is that normal? When have others recently received their 10k bonus? (I'm AA PLT not Chairman so maybe they nixed me. I don't recall getting the email confirmation others mentioned in October.)
I did not receive any notification on my card that came due in February. The fee posted 2/27 and the anniversary miles posted 2/4. I also applied through that chairman link.

I would think that they should post this month.

Are your miles posting from your credit card spend? I read that someone never merged their U.S. and AA accounts, so when they opened a new U.S. Credit card a new Aadvantage account was created. Their bonus miles we're going into that account.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
I did not receive any notification on my card that came due in February. The fee posted 2/27 and the anniversary miles posted 2/4. I also applied through that chairman link.

I would think that they should post this month.

Are your miles posting from your credit card spend? I read that someone never merged their U.S. and AA accounts, so when they opened a new U.S. Credit card a new Aadvantage account was created. Their bonus miles we're going into that account.
Thanks. It's reassuring that someone else didn't receive the notice.

5/8 Update: Miles from spending correctly posted to my AA account, but no 10K anniversary bonus. Barclays claims they don't see that bonus on my account and want me to send them a promotion code. They seem to be unaware of what the anniversary bonus is. I will send a copy of the application advertising the 10k, but it seems unlikely it will be honored.

Last edited by rrgg; May 8, 2015 at 1:01 pm
Old May 8, 2015, 3:45 pm

I have never been a Chairman, got my annual fee notice in late April, 10k anniversary miles in early May and annual fee to be billed on May 29 as per the letter.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Thanks. It's reassuring that someone else didn't receive the notice.

5/8 Update: Miles from spending correctly posted to my AA account, but no 10K anniversary bonus. Barclays claims they don't see that bonus on my account and want me to send them a promotion code. They seem to be unaware of what the anniversary bonus is. I will send a copy of the application advertising the 10k, but it seems unlikely it will be honored.
This is Barclays.

I have found unfortunately one hand doesn't always know what the other is doing. I had the same problem 2 years ago when I asked about my anniversary miles and they didn't even have a clue that it was one of that cards benefits.

Send them the info and with their history you might get lucky and they can post twice! At least you saved the proper information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.