Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Even if there were no calendar issues, this one seems of dubious value. You can get 10k additional miles with $10k spend (no, not a 10k bonus, but normal spend). On $25k you'll get 25k miles normal spend, and then only 10k extra miles bonus. That's a pretty small increment (35k instead of 25k).

This seems like a feature only worth it to those who "naturally" get fairly near $25k spend, and are thinking about "topping it off" to reach that. It doesn't seem worth it starting from scratch.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe you get 10k extra miles for $25k spend..... Instead, 10k of the 25k miles you already earned are converted to PQM's. So you still only have 25k miles, but 10k are used for status purposes.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skitch23
I could be wrong, but I don't believe you get 10k extra miles for $25k spend..... Instead, 10k of the 25k miles you already earned are converted to PQM's. So you still only have 25k miles, but 10k are used for status purposes.
Awe, thanks for pointing this out. Just reread the T&C and you're right! Well, good deal then, I will pass! Thank you!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by healthnut
You're right--not an amazing bonus, but if it doesn't cost much extra, why not?!
Because you could steer the same spend into a bunch of threshold spend requirements on new card offers, and earn tons more miles/points that way.

Do you already have the SPG Amex (25k bonus SPG points turns into 30k AA miles for $5k spend in 6 months), for example? You can cancel than and then repeat 12+ months after cancelling, and that seems a way better way to channel spend into miles earning than $25k for just 10k bonus miles on what will eventually turn out to be the same airline.)

And that's just one example. See post 1 in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...scription.html

for a list of good offers, and notice how many of them require minimum spend. But if you can afford to spend $25k in a year on one card, why not spread it out over more cards to earn way more???
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by kip1124
I thought people had to wait 6 months between 1st and 2nd US Airways card apps. My 1st card opened in July 2013, and I was planning to wait until January 2014 to apply for 2nd card. Does anyone think the application/offer will still be around on January 26th 2014, or should I pull the trigger now?
Welcome to Flyertalk, kip1124.

I would not wait. No one knows how much longer this offer will stay open. Why risk missing out on it; go for it now is my advice. If you are turned down for the second card, you can always call the reconsideration line and tell them you need a second card for keeping track of your business-only expenses.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Because you could steer the same spend into a bunch of threshold spend requirements on new card offers, and earn tons more miles/points that way.

Do you already have the SPG Amex (25k bonus SPG points turns into 30k AA miles for $5k spend in 6 months), for example? You can cancel than and then repeat 12+ months after cancelling, and that seems a way better way to channel spend into miles earning than $25k for just 10k bonus miles on what will eventually turn out to be the same airline.)

And that's just one example. See post 1 in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...scription.html

for a list of good offers, and notice how many of them require minimum spend. But if you can afford to spend $25k in a year on one card, why not spread it out over more cards to earn way more???
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that thread.

I do not have the SPG--will put it in my next AOR around August next year to hope that the 30k bonus comes back again. Boyfriend does though, so I will put that in his MS calendar for next year.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:29 pm

"Eligibility: To participate in the Program, your Account must remain in good standing which means your Account must remain open with active charging privileges, you must maintain your creditworthiness, you must pay your Annual Fee, and you must use your Account for at least one transaction every six (6) months that is not later rescinded or returned."

Has anyone had any issues with their miles being rescinded upon canceling this card?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by llbad
"Eligibility: To participate in the Program, your Account must remain in good standing which means your Account must remain open with active charging privileges, you must maintain your creditworthiness, you must pay your Annual Fee, and you must use your Account for at least one transaction every six (6) months that is not later rescinded or returned."

Has anyone had any issues with their miles being rescinded upon canceling this card?
Once the miles post to your US account, they are yours to keep. It is very hard to take it back (for the most part).
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:29 am

Data points:

771 credit karma. 789 credit sesame. Last AOR in April 2013 (3 cards). Car loan in July 2013.

Three Barclays accounts going in:
Upromise Sallie Mae (from years ago; zero spend)
US Air Dividend MC (January 2013; instant approval; few months of cable bills; no other spend)
Arrival World MC (April 2013; approval after recon; pays monthly netflix; no other spend)

Applied today for Chase SW RR Premier 50k (targeted; instant approval) and Citi AA Plat MC 50k (approval after recon). Decided to try for a second US Air Dividend MC.

Pending. Called. Rep Andrew was very nice. Acknowledged three cards. Said Barclays had "extended max amount of credit." HE suggested closing first US Air card (less than a year old) to open the new card. I agreed. Approved.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:47 am

Hi guys. Long time lurker here. I applied for the 35k miles, annual fee waived offer on December 10th using the link at the top of this thread and was instantly approved.

Today I received my card and the enclosed account summary table lists an $89 annual fee. I called the customer service number and the operator confirmed I had an annual fee and that paying it was the only way to receive "the 30k mile offer". I mentioned the applied for the no annual fee, 35k mile offer and she said there currently is no such offer with the US airways card.

What do you suggest I do to receive the offer I applied for?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by gv111
US card offer may expire soon. So if u want to apply NOW is the time.
Done. Instant approval for a $12.5k CL. ~780 FICO, ~6 HPs in the last 2 years, 4 in the last 6 months. First Barclay's card for me.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by PAcevesMX
Hi guys. Long time lurker here. I applied for the 35k miles, annual fee waived offer on December 10th using the link at the top of this thread and was instantly approved.

Today I received my card and the enclosed account summary table lists an $89 annual fee. I called the customer service number and the operator confirmed I had an annual fee and that paying it was the only way to receive "the 30k mile offer". I mentioned the applied for the no annual fee, 35k mile offer and she said there currently is no such offer with the US airways card.

What do you suggest I do to receive the offer I applied for?
There is a good possibility that the CSR is confused. Take a screen shot of the posted offer and the terms right now. If you get hit with the AF and only have 30k miles post, send the screenshot to them via secure message and request that they adjust your account.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
There is a good possibility that the CSR is confused. Take a screen shot of the posted offer and the terms right now. If you get hit with the AF and only have 30k miles post, send the screenshot to them via secure message and request that they adjust your account.
Thanks for the advice. I have .pdf'd the T&Cs with the 35k, fee-waived offer. I just sent a SM describing the issue. Would like to get this resolved right away. I don't like the feeling of getting something I didn't sign up for. I didn't think there was a risk of getting a lesser offer with this card, is there? My score is 758 from TU and I "only" got a 5k CL.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:46 pm

My annual fee is due 12/31 and I called to cancel the card. Rep would not waive the annual fee and only offered 2x miles on gas, grocery, utilities, entertainment, etc. for up to 10k miles. However, the 10k miles has already posted for the anniversary bonus. To MS the spend, my cost would be about $40. Should I accept this offer (paying the annual fee) or just cancel and apply again, if this is offer is still available in the next few months. I just hate the uncertainty of this card.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by HRHPrincessPam
My annual fee is due 12/31 and I called to cancel the card. Rep would not waive the annual fee and only offered 2x miles on gas, grocery, utilities, entertainment, etc. for up to 10k miles. However, the 10k miles has already posted for the anniversary bonus. To MS the spend, my cost would be about $40. Should I accept this offer (paying the annual fee) or just cancel and apply again, if this is offer is still available in the next few months. I just hate the uncertainty of this card.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Where does one check to see where/when the bank pulls the credit report?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.