Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by rajuabju
wife instantly approved for her card (1st) as well... now i'm just trying to figure out how they decided to give me a smaller CL than what she got considering my credit scores are close to 800!

oh well.. 70k free future AA miles... not bad

AA bumped a lot of 25k flights to 50K miles, you may want to use them for USAIR flights before the programs merge
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by VLtone
does that mean that the first time I purchase anything using the card that I'll get the 35k miles credited? Anyone know how long it'll take?
Answer is in the wiki at the top of the page.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:26 am

I'm trying to give my next app a few weeks, when would it be too late to apply for US air cause of the merger ?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:41 am

Declined US Airways - Sufficient credit is already available

My SO recently got denied credit for the US Airways Card 35K offer. She is a little squeamish calling the recon dept so we awaited the letter and it stated:

"Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware".

So, my question is, if she were to close her existing account how long should we wait until reapplying?

Edit below,
Is there any other action that needs to be done to churn (for example when churning the aa business card I needed to close both the credit line and online account access).

Thanks

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Dec 4, 2013 at 9:33 am Reason: additional question
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SammySpade
Well if you already have one the same cards & don't use it, tough to explain why you need another. I just got my 3rd US air but I always closed the prior card 1st then waited a few months. I've never been grilled by them as to why I need a card but I guess I'd try to go with the standard reasoning and say something like I'm going to start traveling for work & booking flights/getting reimbursed and want a separate card for that. And since I'll now be earning miles for flying US, it makes sense to use the original card for personal expenses.
So after getting denied for my second US Airways card, I decided to call recon. Tried to use above reasons to talk my way into a second card, but no dice. Barclays didn't think I used the first one enough and wanted to see more use. Nevermind the fact I've actually been a customer for more than 6 years. It seems they only care about RECENT transactions. Boo.

Anyway, I decided to just give up and get the Arrival. Applied for that, got a pending status, but when I called recon I had an easier time selling that card. They gave it to me, and I unfortunately paid to rush the card so that I could have it for my trip on Sat.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:56 am

Anyone getting the 15k $750/month offer on the second card within the last month?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
When do u figure Barclays will stop letting us apply for this card with the merger coming up?
Originally Posted by Jaxxx
I'm trying to give my next app a few weeks, when would it be too late to apply for US air cause of the merger ?
Nobody knows in much detail. One could argue that it's not likely until some more of the program merger schedule and details are announced. (For example, US flights do not yet earn AA miles or vice versa, nor has it been announced yet when they will be. US miles and AA miles are not yet inter-transferable, nor has it been announced yet when they will be.)

But it's all just guesses.

By the way, AFAIK, there's not yet even been a formal announcement that Barclays will stop issuing cards for the merger airline. There's only been a formal annoucement that Citi will continue, and that the Barclays situation is being evaluated. So at the moment it's within the realm of possiblities (tho not clear how likely) that Barclay will continue issuing AA cards after the merger is complete and there is no more US. Consider that Hilton HHonors has cards with both Amex the bank as well as Citi, and there have been airlines at least in the past that have had credit cards from two banks for some considerable time.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Nobody knows in much detail. One could argue that it's not likely until some more of the program merger schedule and details are announced. (For example, US flights do not yet earn AA miles or vice versa, nor has it been announced yet when they will be. US miles and AA miles are not yet inter-transferable, nor has it been announced yet when they will be.)

But it's all just guesses.

By the way, AFAIK, there's not yet even been a formal announcement that Barclays will stop issuing cards for the merger airline. There's only been a formal annoucement that Citi will continue, and that the Barclays situation is being evaluated. So at the moment it's within the realm of possiblities (tho not clear how likely) that Barclay will continue issuing AA cards after the merger is complete and there is no more US. Consider that Hilton HHonors has cards with both Amex the bank as well as Citi, and there have been airlines at least in the past that have had credit cards from two banks for some considerable time.
Anyone know the recon # for Barclay US Airways card? I applied and did not get instant approval. Would like to get this card. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by uzzet
Anyone know the recon # for Barclay US Airways card? I applied and did not get instant approval. Would like to get this card. Thanks in advance.
Added to wiki (item #2). A little amazing that this info wasn't there already.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Anyone getting the 15k $750/month offer on the second card within the last month?
Yup, both Mr. honu and I received the offer (De., Jan. Feb.). By the time the 15K bonus miles will post, they'll be usable on OW instead of *A (not as good, IMHO), but it's still a decent offer.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:09 am

Figured I should get the second one before the merge. Just applied and got instant approval. My first US Airway card is still open (applied in Feb this year). I also closed my NFL card yesterday to make room.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoyo
Figured I should get the second one before the merge. Just applied and got instant approval. My first US Airway card is still open (applied in Feb this year). I also closed my NFL card yesterday to make room.
Lucky you. Since I found out that some were able to get multiple cards, I've applied for a second card 5 times, and now for the 6th time yesterday. No instant approval, so I doubt I'll get it this time, either. Citi loves me, Chase and USBank are reasonably nice to me but Barclays has been unkind.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Added to wiki (item #2). A little amazing that this info wasn't there already.
Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 35K (WIKI)

Adding another data point:
Applied for my second US Barclay card last week. 1st card still open and I've had it about 2.5 years. I also have excellent credit. I was denied and after being passed around to 3 different reps on the reconsideration line, and was told that the US product is 1 per person.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:36 am

Question Barclay World Master Card

Hubby applied and was approved for this card. He did not realize the $89. initial fee. What are the chances of having fee waived for first year? Is this card worth the fee for AA ffs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.