Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by whatmakes
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm about to apply for my 2nd car (It's been 221 days since my first). Do I put in my exact dividend miles # or leave it blank?

Thanks.
Use your existing DM number.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Ugh. Applied and approved for my first card 4/30/2013
Applied for second card 11/27/13 - PENDING

They said they'll contact me in 10 days but should I bother calling them? I have a feeling they'll just ask "why do you need two cards?" and deny me. I'm also thinking if they don't give me the US Airways card try and bargain for the Arrival. Is this even possible?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:45 pm

Applied and approved for my first card 4/30/2013. Applied for second card 11/27/13 - PENDING. They said they'll contact me in 10 days but should I bother calling them?
My advice is to just wait until they contact you. You may well get approved. No need to open yourself up to questions from them if you were to call them now.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by muji
My advice is to just wait until they contact you. You may well get approved. No need to open yourself up to questions from them if you were to call them now.
Okay, thanks. I will hold off. I guess I was reading elsewhere that unless you are approved instantly, it's almost impossible to get a second card.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:59 pm

Okay, thanks. I will hold off. I guess I was reading elsewhere that unless you are approved instantly, it's almost impossible to get a second card.
My understanding is that if you are denied then it is then nearly impossible to call and convince them to change their decision. As it is you have not been denied, so I think there is at least a chance that approval will be made.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by DCADavis
Pretty new to the travel game, but just got approved for this card last week. Are folks getting this card and then will apply for the AA card once the merger occurs? I figure 35k now and then late spring, find an equally good promo with the Citi AA....
This is exactly what I'm planning on doing.

I just got approved for my 2nd USAirways mastercard so I'll get a last minute 35k bonus...

Then I'll have my fiance and I each apply for an AA card once my US miles are redeemable by One World and I'll cancel my USairways card.

I think the only question would be - will you need to cancel the USAirways mastercard prior to the AA card?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VLtone
Then I'll have my fiance and I each apply for an AA card once my US miles are redeemable by One World and I'll cancel my USairways card.
Why wait? You now know what's to happen, so you can apply now. And (if present rules pervail), you can (a) apply for another personal AA card each after a couple years (and the sooner you get the first one each, the sooner the couple years after that will be), and you can (b) apply for business AA cards soon after getting the personal one, and perhaps several times over the next year! (It's currently a lot easier to churn business AA cards than personal AA cards.)

See the Wiki in this thread and then read the most recent posts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:40 am

Ugh. Applied and approved for my first card 4/30/2013
Applied for second card 11/27/13 - PENDING

They said they'll contact me in 10 days but should I bother calling them? I have a feeling they'll just ask "why do you need two cards?" and deny me. I'm also thinking if they don't give me the US Airways card try and bargain for the Arrival. Is this even possible?
Same thing happened to me...got the dreaded pending message.

Check your application through this link. https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do

Immediately after pending message I check my application and was approved. My wife however got a message that no application was on file. She received an email the next day she was approved.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: All of em...
People throw around all sorts of opinions on this forum.

I got a pending for my 2nd card last year, called and got it. Got a pending for my 3rd card several months ago, called in, and was able to convince them to open it.

Don't believe everything you hear. In this game, it's always worth a try!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Applied and got instant approval on the 2nd card.

Going to apply for wife too (will be her first card)... might as well get as many soon to be AA miles as I can
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:36 am

Data point for my apps and approvals
US Air #1 - 6/2012, cancelled 6/2013
US Air #2 - 2/2013, kept
Arrival - 5/2013, cancelled 11/2013
US Air #3 - 11/2013
Old Nov 29, 2013, 4:53 pm

I received the 'standard" bonus offer for 15,000 miles for $750 per month spend over a specified three month period.

When I look at my statement, for each purchase I see a "transaction date' and a "posted date". My question is "which date counts"? For example, if the purchase date is 10/30, but the posting date is 11/1, then, for the purpose of this promotion, which month would this example be applied to.

TIA for clarification on this. I'm concerned I might have messed up and missed out on qualifying for this......
Old Nov 30, 2013, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Auscal
I received the 'standard" bonus offer for 15,000 miles for $750 per month spend over a specified three month period.

When I look at my statement, for each purchase I see a "transaction date' and a "posted date". My question is "which date counts"? For example, if the purchase date is 10/30, but the posting date is 11/1, then, for the purpose of this promotion, which month would this example be applied to.

TIA for clarification on this. I'm concerned I might have messed up and missed out on qualifying for this......
Instead of asking here, why dont you go to the definite source for the definitive answer?

SM Barclays and ask them whether your transactions are counted and in what way.

This way you get a definitive answer, and if things do not happen as they told you, you have a recourse.

Otherwise, if people tell you here and that, and it does not happen as you being told here, what are you going to do?!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Instead of asking here, why dont you go to the definite source for the definitive answer?

SM Barclays and ask them whether your transactions are counted and in what way.

This way you get a definitive answer, and if things do not happen as they told you, you have a recourse.

Otherwise, if people tell you here and that, and it does not happen as you being told here, what are you going to do?!
When I got the same offer over the summer and was completing the minimum spend, that's exactly what I did. The CSR was very helpful and quickly answered my total spending question.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:08 am

Just received a letter from them, kindly telling me that my anniversary is coming up and the $89 annual fee will be billed to me, but I can choose to call them to close the account by that anniversary date in order to avoid the annual fee.

However, at the same time, this letter also states the following -

"If your account is enrolled in a rewards program, any outstanding reward points or miles on your account may be forfeited at the time the account is closed."

Does that mean if I close the credit card account, the US Airways bonus miles I earned which are still in my US Airways account will just be gone? So, in order to keep my miles I have to keep the card and pay the annual fee?

Please advise. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.