Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by diclemeg
Well I remember very clearly that when she was approved, it said Platinum.

Note, that the welcome email you recieved, you can tell what card you got by this telltale line in the benefits list.

You got a PREMIER if it says...
Annual companion certificate redeemable for up to two $99 companion tickets

And you got a Platinum if it says....
Annual companion certificate redeemable for one $149 companion ticket
Haven't gotten a welcome e-mail yet (the system was down when I tried to create an online account so I might not get one either.)

I will keep an eye out for a welcome email or just the card when it comes in the mail. Thanks for the tip on how to figure it out.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kts262
Haven't gotten a welcome e-mail yet (the system was down when I tried to create an online account so I might not get one either.)

I will keep an eye out for a welcome email or just the card when it comes in the mail. Thanks for the tip on how to figure it out.
You can tell by credit limit: $5k+ = Premier
< $5k = Platinum
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by msp2msy
Success getting reconsidered and going from Platinum to Premier World.
thanks to MSP2MSY... i followed your procedure when was in review limbo, and they approved me for premier. karma will bring you good things in the future.

Last edited by diclemeg; Apr 5, 2011 at 8:19 am Reason: none
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Now would be a good time for those of you on the fence about this card considering the US Airways promo to card holders for 50% off miles buy/gifts.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-may-15th.html
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:15 pm

Any idea on when the 10,000 annual bonus miles post to the card? Can you get the miles and cancel within 30 days to keep the miles and get the annual fee refunded? Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Looking for some advise. Last year my wife applied for a US card but got declined. A few days ago, she got a special offer (not as good as this) in which they said she was pre-approved. I wasn't planning on wasting an inquiry on her for this card, but I am wondering if the pre-approved offer really means something with Barclays.

Anyone think its worth applying? How do companies usually pre-approve ppl?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by johndeere19
Now would be a good time for those of you on the fence about this card considering the US Airways promo to card holders for 50% off miles buy/gifts.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-may-15th.html
Wait until Grand Slam 2011, you'll see 100% bonus for buying US miles.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Can I book via Capital One and use a US Airways companion certificate (the ones they are giving out via credit card)? Do I have to use the US Airways credit card to get the companion ticket?

Last edited by opus2002; Apr 8, 2011 at 11:54 am
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by opus2002
Can I book via Capital One and use a US Airways companion certificate (the ones they are giving out via credit card)? Do I have to use the US Airways credit card to get the companion ticket?
Terms says it must be used with the US Airways Mastercard.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Looking for some advise. Last year my wife applied for a US card but got declined. A few days ago, she got a special offer (not as good as this) in which they said she was pre-approved. I wasn't planning on wasting an inquiry on her for this card, but I am wondering if the pre-approved offer really means something with Barclays.

Anyone think its worth applying? How do companies usually pre-approve ppl?
Fee waived, no spend, US Air Card 40K-50K + Targeted

I received this offer in the snail mail Fee waived, no spend, US Air Card 40K-50K + Targeted. Went ahead and applied, instant approval! My wife received a similar offer for 30K-40K. We used the web page for my offer with her personal ID code and it changed to the 40K-50K-also instant approval!
So maybe the uptick would work for you, or perhaps someone has a page for a better offer? We used www.usairwayscard.com/7604
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I received the card April 2, bought something April 6, the statement closed April 8 and the 35K miles were in my account April 10. That was pretty quick. Now I have to learn how to find a US-Asia award on a partner airline in C and then earn and purchase the necessary miles to get it. I hope this all works out.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
So I received the card April 2, bought something April 6, the statement closed April 8 and the 35K miles were in my account April 10. That was pretty quick. Now I have to learn how to find a US-Asia award on a partner airline in C and then earn and purchase the necessary miles to get it. I hope this all works out.
An account with ANA can help you check award availability online.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Applied today and instantly approved.

Guess I am Premier, CL above $5k and email states :

Annual companion certificate redeemable for up to two $99 companion tickets
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:42 pm

I have the US Airways Premier World Barclay's/Juniper Mastercard and read in this thread that there is a 10k mile "anniversary" bonus each year, but they said there is no such thing?

It also says "10k miles upon each subsequent opening anniversary" on this website: http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans

However, I've called again and they assure me NONE of their cards have any such thing as an anniversary bonus and only a one-time new account opening bonus.

WHAAA? Do I have the wrong card or company or something? I think my annual fee is like $75 or $89 or something and it says Premier World with a US Airways plane on it and I believe I opened my account ~3 years ago from mostmiles.com
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:25 pm
jk2

I applied yesterday for this card (+AMEX platinum + BA Visa simultaneously, according to FrugalTravelGuy, such technique helps). I was instantly approved for AMEX platinum, BA Visa is under consideration and US Airways MC as well. Called Barclays today to see if the can make a decision now. Rep said - no problem, let's see. She found out that during last year I was too aggressive in applying cards, so she cannot approve me. Plus she reduced a credit limit on my Spirit MC card from $4K to $1K. I don't think I was too aggressive - my last applications were in January and February. Talked to supervisor - she did not want to reconsider. I don't have any debt, etc.

Can I fight further or just forget about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.